You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Tenerife

JohnnyH

Ha, that's the same place I stayed in! 

The Irish pub out the back is where Kell Brook was drinking shortly before his fateful meeting with a machete, little bit of Canarian trivia for you there.

That's the Wild Geese. Not really my scene but decent enough. San Blas is decent, bar called the Seven Islands where I've watched a couple of matches. Further along is Los Abrigos, a gorgeous little fishing town with some ace seafood restaurants. Very much looking forward to re-acquainting myself with the place next week.

Yea, went in all of those places in the summer.

Might be common knowledge but you can go in that hotel whenever you want, the place is so open. Walk in like you know where you're going and the pool/bar/anything else is there for anyone. We're going to a cheaper one down the road this summer but know where I'll be spending my poolside time. Had a lovely first day 5 hour lie down next to a couple of eastern European birds who didn't think much of their bikini tops.

That's the Wild Geese. Not really my scene but decent enough. San Blas is decent, bar called the Seven Islands where I've watched a couple of matches. Further along is Los Abrigos, a gorgeous little fishing town with some ace seafood restaurants. Very much looking forward to re-acquainting myself with the place next week.

Sounds very much like my speed.

As do Acid's two mates.

Enjoy.

• 7 years later...

God I loved winter sun in the canaries, can't do it these days because of the Mrs's job, but I remember once driving to Manchester Airport in the snow, doing about 35 down the 56 in mid January, then getting to Fuerteventura and it was 23 and there were Russian birds by the pool in tight shorts. I'd bought a monte Christo number 1 from the Airport and sat in the shade pounding cans of canary Island beer and pretending to read homicide by David Simon but actually in fact perving at said Moscow poon.

• Upvote 1

25 minutes ago, lifetime fan said:

Bought the bird this for her birthday…

I’ve been on that. Just remember to wear flip flops or something when walking around the park… the floor is like lava.

Only been to Tenerife once and Ricky Hatton was absolutely shitfaced singing Karaoke in an Irish bar. 

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Section_31 said:

God I loved winter sun in the canaries, can't do it these days because of the Mrs's job, but I remember once driving to Manchester Airport in the snow, doing about 35 down the 56 in mid January, then getting to Fuerteventura and it was 23 and there were Russian birds by the pool in tight shorts. I'd bought a monte Christo number 1 from the Airport and sat in the shade pounding cans of canary Island beer and pretending to read homicide by David Simon but actually in fact perving at said Moscow poon.

I’ve brought a few Dominican cigars with me, she hates it when I have one. Probably because I’ve had the best of 20 pints and then started on the gin and rum. 

7107F55B-A84E-454E-91F9-D8D4A618116A.jpeg

• Upvote 5

Tenerife’s boss. I’m selling up and retiring there when the time comes. 

Intending getting meself a little job collecting the rent on the beach beds each day to get me out the house. 

* when I say get meself a little job I mean walking down the beach with my dog and sitting off in a bar all day 

Have a boss time lifey

• Upvote 1