You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Other football

Jhinge Machha

It smacks of Mourinho playing mind games, pretending that Costa's hampered in some way. Not sure what advantage he thinks he's gaining from it, but I'm damn sure you don't go telling the whole world that your number one player is 'fragile' unless it's a bit of a ruse.

They have class players to call on to rest him if they needed to against the lesser teams, yet he played Costa in every game. I'm offended by mind games this transparent, I'm sure the Spanish coach is also, the big ledge.

• Replies 49k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Jairzinho

• magicrat

• Russ Atmosphere

• Dr Nowt

Man City fans just don't get Europe, do they. Once again the atmosphere at one of their home games in this comp against a big name is shite and the ground is nowhere near full.

It's utterly dreadful and must be quite embarrassing for everyone concerned, when the Roma fans had a rare break you could hear a pin drop.

No wonder they have been a joke in this competition playing in front of that shit support.

It's utterly dreadful and must be quite embarrassing for everyone concerned, when the Roma fans had a rare break you could hear a pin drop.

No wonder they have been a joke in this competition playing in front of that shit support.

Even the sycophants on itv had a pop about it.

I just dont get it, you would think that after being shite for so long and watching man utd dominate at home and be in Europe every year that they would treasure these nights, want to revel in it and be rabid.

All that said though English grounds have shite atmospheres in general in this comp compared to a lot of the European clubs, Chelsea shite, Arsenal shite. Only us and Man Utd seem to be able to generate a good atmosphere for these games.

I guess when success is purely paid for it isn't as exciting. I bet they'd be cheering if they'd earned the right to play in the competition instead of bankrolling themselves into it.

I think our attitude to Europe is partly tradition and harks back to when the European Cup wasn't largely bloated and quite shite. City are new to the party and it aint what it was.

I guess when success is purely paid for it isn't as exciting.  I bet they'd be cheering if they'd earned the right to play in the competition instead of bankrolling themselves into it.

Sense of entitlement now overwhelming as billions of pounds has corrupted them. Buying silverware over such a short period of time creates a really spoilt mindset. I know quite a few City supporters they're more concerned with the apparent UEFA conspiracy preventing them from winning the CL, they talk about it being a plastic competition and how the novelty has worn off. Basically they've been in it for a couple of seasons, haven't won it as expected and have now lost interest.

Shame I always used to enjoy going to see us against them at Maine Road, it had a quite a decent atmosphere and they generally seemed to be a fairly sound group.

• Upvote 1

Sense of entitlement now overwhelming as billions of pounds has corrupted them. Buying silverware over such a short period of time creates a really spoilt mindset. I know quite a few City supporters they're more concerned with the apparent UEFA conspiracy preventing them from winning the CL, they talk about it being a plastic competition and how the novelty has worn off. Basically they've been in it for a couple of seasons, haven't won it as expected and have now lost interest.

Shame I always used to enjoy going to see us against them at Maine Road, it had a quite a decent atmosphere and they generally seemed to be a fairly sound group.

Nailed it.

That's why when they(UEFA FA) insist on it being classed as a New competition, like they do with the premier league, which is really just The Football League division 1, you disconnect from all the romanticism and soul of the old tournament. Citeh are the embodiment of the New ethos.

Our European Cup wins are discarded as non CL wins because they happened in The Past. but that is precisely what is fucking them up now. They've lost all touch. We can go back to our roots and see the old heads showing us the way, showing us the history of the club. They can't. They're lost in their new money jizztastic crap disco party, and the deejay only plays crappy new shit. They get hard for manu and those games because it reminds them of who they are. I still like them a bit. Much prefer them over chelsey but they went way down in my estimations with the Gerrard song being sung all the time. 

I genuinely don't know what the problem is with City fans in Europe - but something's not right.

I was literally surrounded by tourists and Roma fans last night, and it's been the same every home game in Europe, even for the bigger games like Barca and Bayern.

Yes, there's a case that it's straining people's pockets, but if that was really the big issue, we'd expect to see the same issues cropping up at other clubs.

It's not crap support either - that's just too easy an accusation to throw about. But last night was the worst in all the games I've been to.

If we'd already been effectively knocked out - fair enough, it's a dead rubber, but something's not right.

Incidentally, I'm sat in a group where it's predominantly ST holders, and yet every European night a lot aren't showing up.

There is SOME mitigation, in that you have to sign up for CL tickets before the season starts, or they just go on general sale, and it 'seems' like touts are grabbing them immediately for the tourist market and they are being purchased abroad. A block of 8 right behind me was taken up by Roma fans.

Whatever the reason, it IS embarassing the club need to get it sorted. How can more people want to watch us play Stoke than Roma?