You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

I watched a lot of madrid games last season and every time sahin was a stand out performer. He can spray the ball around and hes quick and can tackle. I remember watching one madrid game and thinking to myself whos that player in the middle, hes class then realising it was sahin thinking bloody hell madrid have got some great young players. Hes definately world class in my opinion and if you add him to suarez and gerrard then hes in he same class imo.

Oh dear. Are you talking about Xabi Alonso? Sahin hardly played

Shush.

The Arsenal deal fell through because they only wanted a permanent deal apparently.

If he comes here and does really well then, I don't think he will be here next season. If he can adapt quickly and play as he did at Dortmund he will be a fantastic player.

Sahin is keeping Xabi's place warm. Alonso will return next season on a free to reclaim his place in the team. Maybe.

How did we identify Sahin? Was he a target from the Dalglish/Commoli era? Was he someone that Rodgers had his eye on whilst at Swansea? Or did Mourinho contact Rodgers to offer Sahin? I'm curious to know how it's come about.

We did what we shoulda been doing for the last 15 years - read the papers, spot Wengers interest and move in and make a counteroffer.

How did we identify Sahin? Was he a target from the Dalglish/Commoli era? Was he someone that Rodgers had his eye on whilst at Swansea? Or did Mourinho contact Rodgers to offer Sahin? I'm curious to know how it's come about.

well he is not exactly an unknown player, someone like Assiadi has obviously been scouted by the club or been in the managers thoughts since before he took over but Rodgers seems a very hands on sort of manager who watches plenty of games so will have seen him before even if he wasn't specifically watching him

Apparently we have first refusal / gentleman's agreement to buy Sarin after loan term. I think he'll love it here so much that he wont want to leave.

The reason Arsenal failed was because Sahin refused agree to a buy clause, allowing him to leave Madrid, Jose wanted to shift him... but he wants to stay with the club. Why it suits us & Madrid.

The reason Arsenal failed was because Sahin refused agree to a buy clause, allowing him to leave Madrid, Jose wanted to shift him... but he wants to stay with the club. Why it suits us & Madrid.

Balague saying on Twitter we paid £5m for the loan. Dont know if that includes his wages but if a sweetner then disappointing if true.