You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Nuri Sahin

WhiskeyJar

The difficult part was getting Sahin in once Arsenal came in for him.

Not sure how it happened as it should have been a done deal, but fuck it. How Arsenal fucked this up, no one knows.

Unless Sahin is a mercenary cunt, he will fall in love with us and want to stay. He will also fall down the pecking order at Madrid as they will sign another two midfielders in the summer.

Is it true that we are paying 5M for the loan fee and 70% of his wages (supposed to be 145.000€ per week) and there will be no clause for a permanent transfer? Hope this is not true as we may just pay 10 milion for someone who will be here only 1 year! Or is it bollocks?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Is it true that we are paying 5M for the loan fee and 70% of his wages (supposed to be 145.000€ per week) and there will be no clause for a permanent transfer? Hope this is not true as we may just pay 10 milion for someone who will be here only 1 year! Or is it bollocks?

Who knows, but to put it into perspective, we paid 6.5m a year to Aquilani, and probably something similar for Cole. Maxi, Kuyt, et al., they weren't on nothing.

Paying for this guy, who is actually really good, that's not a problem. Paying a bit too much for somebody who'll play a big role isn't a bad thing.

He's a lovely midfielder, but my gripe is that it doesn't change the dynamic of the current team and our ability to hit the back of the net.

We'll see. Maybe Suarez will click with him and Borini will feed off the scraps, and it's anyone's guess as to what sort of impact Assaidi will have as well.

My gut feeling is that we still need another wide right player with goals in him.

Surley a loan fee is only applicable if there is a buy out at the end of the loan deal? so that 5M would be added to the total.

No-one in there right mind would pay 5M for a player for 12 months with no option to buy, surley?

I think this was some bullshit made up by the gooners to make themselves feel better

Sod it if we have. He's a class player who improves us that we'd never have been able to buy. We need all the help we can get at the minute and given the money we wasted on paying wages of players playing for other teams over recent years, at least he'll be contributing to us.

Guest San Don

As I understand it, neither Real nor the player want a permanent transfer at the end of the loan and this is the arse's stumbling block. They dont want the player just on loan, they want the transfer.

I dont know why people are getting their hopes up about us signing him permanently either. If his club and player dont want it, it wont happen.

TBH, I dont like loans and think they should be outlawed. If he comes here and makes an impact, it makes us stronger but only for the time he's here then, he pisses off back whence he came.

Pay £5million for 1 year football, paying 70% salary

or

as we have done with Cole

get on a free but pay £5m a year for 3/4 year deal.

or

Downing fee of £20m plus salary.

Stay on good terms with Real, and bring Xabi back next season.

Precactly.

The step up in quality from the second half of last season midfield of Henderson, Spearing and Adam is quite something. Lucas, Sahin and Allen is quite a gargantuan step. We might actually start to win some games.

One step at a time though, eh. We need to look at attacking players now. It could end up being quite a decent summer.

That a massive change:yes:

As I understand it, neither Real nor the player want a permanent transfer at the end of the loan and this is the arse's stumbling block. They dont want the player just on loan, they want the transfer.

I dont know why people are getting their hopes up about us signing him permanently either. If his club and player dont want it, it wont happen.

TBH, I dont like loans and think they should be outlawed. If he comes here and makes an impact, it makes us stronger but only for the time he's here then, he pisses off back whence he came.

If his impact is such that we achieve champions league football, then we're in a far better position to attract a suitable replacement.

If his impact is such that we achieve champions league football, then we're in a far better position to attract a suitable replacement.

Or if he is that strong of a player and we do get CL football, he may decide his chances of playing are better here and decide to think about a permenant deal.

Although its much to early to even speculate abouit it.

Or if he is that strong of a player and we do get CL football, he may decide his chances of playing are better here and decide to think about a permenant deal.

Although its much to early to even speculate abouit it.

White I agree it's a possibility (albeit seemingly a long shot, as if rumours are to be believed, both Mourinho and Sahin want this to be a one year deal and no more), I am hoping that at the very least he can he can help us back into the CL where we can build with the revenue that will bring in, and the higher class of player we could potentially attract.

Anything above that is a bonus.

He's a lovely midfielder, but my gripe is that it doesn't change the dynamic of the current team and our ability to hit the back of the net.

We'll see. Maybe Suarez will click with him and Borini will feed off the scraps, and it's anyone's guess as to what sort of impact Assaidi will have as well.

My gut feeling is that we still need another wide right player with goals in him.

Yes he is. Firstly most games in the Premiership are won in midfield. Add him to Lucas and Allen and we're on a winner.

He will also add more creativity to our midfield and improve our set pieces from an assist perspective, which we've been truly shite at since Gary Mac left.

Yes, we need strikers that are going to put them away, but last season we were struggling to make chances, especially in the 2nd half of the season.

Yes he is. Firstly most games in the Premiership are won in midfield. Add him to Lucas and Allen and we're on a winner.

He will also add more creativity to our midfield and improve our set pieces from an assist perspective, which we've been truly shite at since Gary Mac left.

Yes, we need strikers that are going to put them away, but last season we were struggling to make chances, especially in the 2nd half of the season.

We weren't struggling to make chances at all last season. We just couldn't finish.

Sorry to go all Code on you but this is from an article posted on a blog on 8th Feb:

Liverpool are creating enough chances, in fact with 257 chances created from open play this season we’ve created more chances than Man United who’ve created 240 from open play. We are also creating more chances per game than in our previous seasons, creating 10.71 per game this season, compared to 8.87 per game last season and 9.68 per game in 09/10 season. Yet we didn’t have this chance conversion problem in other seasons.

It's really pissing me off the amount I read we didn't create chances last year,Rodgers wants us to pass.

They way people are making last season out you'd have thought we were Bolton under Fat Sham.

Me too Lee. We created shit loads of chances but we couldn't put the thing in the net. I don't know where people get the idea that we didn't create chances.

Well pleased if and when this Sahin deal goes through but with Maxi, Bellars and Kuyt leaving we're even more skint up front than last year. I don't doubt we'll keep creating chances, maybe even more this year with an improved midfield but if we don't get in a clinical finisher and start putting those chances away we'll be in the same position at the end of this season as last.

We created chances, but we were far too naive in the our general play. Our midfield never control games. We attacked far too much hence why we got caught on the break a fair bit.

Yeah, and its true we created a lot of chances but sometimes watching our build up play was a joy until we hit about 10-15 yards out and everyone but Suarez would shit themselves.

Its crazy to think we created a lot last year and we probably could have created a lot more if we weren't as sloppy as we often were.

Think Sahin coming in could be a blessing for us, pull Downing out of the front 3 and put Gerrard up there.

We'll be scoring for fun soon.