You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Any spare change la?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Any spare change la?

• Nothing to no-one, ignore them all
    • Nothing to no-one, tell them to fuck off
    • Depends on what they look like/ask me
    • Yes to Big Issue sellers, no to beggars
    • Yes to everyone because I want an easy life
    • Yes to everyone because I want to help them

Spoken by somebody who obviously isnt a parent.

The two examples arent even connected so not sure what your point is.

The two examples are connected because these are the two groups of people who most commonly accost me in the street. And also because today's cider-guzzling delinquents are tomorrow's bagheads, of course.

The two examples are connected because these are the two groups of people who most commonly accost me in the street. And also because today's cider-guzzling delinquents are tomorrow's bagheads, of course.

And you didn't try stupid stuff like that when you were a kid? Most of those kids will just end up being normal kids whereas the beggars will unlikely change at all.

And you didn't try stupid stuff like that when you were a kid? Most of those kids will just end up being normal kids whereas the beggars will unlikely change at all.

I actually didn't, comrade. I wouldn't have thought to go behind my parents' back like that.

Mind you, I was allowed the very occasional small-half-a-glass of wine with dinner from about the age of 11-12ish.

There is some tramp who stands outside the Tesco on Aigburth Road at the bottom of Lark Lane who has been there at least 10 years selling the Big Issue. He says hello and lets on to every single person who walks in and out of Tesco, but I have never given him a penny let alone bought a Big Issue of him. The way I look at it, the guy obviously has problems i.e. alcoholic, and he needs to sell the Big Issue to help feed his habit. If I buy a Big Issue of him he isn't going to go home and buy food he is just going to spend it on beer.

There is some tramp who stands outside the Tesco on Aigburth Road at the bottom of Lark Lane who has been there at least 10 years selling the Big Issue. He says hello and lets on to every single person who walks in and out of Tesco, but I have never given him a penny let alone bought a Big Issue of him. The way I look at it, the guy obviously has problems i.e. alcoholic, and he needs to sell the Big Issue to help feed his habit. If I buy a Big Issue of him he isn't going to go home and buy food he is just going to spend it on beer.

They are supposed to hand the money over to somebody else and then be given an allowance from it arent they?

I've bought a couple of Big Issues over the years,the first one was actually a good read but then subsequent ones were just rubbish with poor articles.

It's not about drinking alcohol, which we all did, it's the asking other people to commit a crime and buy alcohol for you. It's the "something for nothing" attitude that is the problem. I bought my own alcohol, and if I couldn't get served, I didn't get alcohol.

It's not about drinking alcohol, which we all did, it's the asking other people to commit a crime and buy alcohol for you. It's the "something for nothing" attitude that is the problem. I bought my own alcohol, and if I couldn't get served, I didn't get alcohol.

Fake ID was it?

Given that the government sold council houses and didn't use the money to build more, the buy to let bastards pushing house prices to unrealistic levels, rich cunts with their second homes empty for most of the year, coupled with the closure of mental hospitals, soldiers with PTS left to fend for themselves, then it's hardly suprising that so many people end up homeless. No address means no job and no benefits- you're basically fucked, that's your place now fucking stay there. What does suprise me is not the lack of understanding or compassion- it's that so many have so easily bought the government propaganda that anyone who doesn't work like a motherfucker, for whatever reason, is a worthless piece of shit who thoroughly deserves to be abandoned by society.

I know that feel. I've looked about 30 since I was 15. Never been IDd anywhere except the Paradox once.

The Paradox,

ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,ha, ha, ha, ha,

I haven't heard that name on proper yonks!

• 9 months later...

In an uncharacteristic show of love for my fellow man I bought an extra banana and apple for the beggar on old hall street. Thought he'd be made up with a bit of breakfast in the sopping rain and thank me for my kind nature. He said he'd 'Prefer the money for them.' Now I have too much fruit and he's got nothing.

I've not read the whole thread. I often spend working days down in London. One really noticeable thing over the last 6 months is the growing numbers of homeless and the wider area they are covering. I've been working down in London on and off since the mid-90's and its got to be said the last time there was this many beggars always the last time the Tories were in power. I walked from Regent street to chancery lane a few weeks back in the middle of the day. I must have passed a homeless person a couple of time a minute as I walked. There must be 10 times the homeless there was a couple of years ago.

In an uncharacteristic show of love for my fellow man I bought an extra banana and apple for the beggar on old hall street. Thought he'd be made up with a bit of breakfast in the sopping rain and thank me for my kind nature. He said he'd 'Prefer the money for them.' Now I have too much fruit and he's got nothing.

Crack is obviously more filling than fruit.

I'll often help out a homeless person by throwing them a few quid, sometimes buy a big issue to but have been put right off doing that since the last time i bought one when the seller said thank-you to me in an Eastern European accent, screw that.

I'll often help out a homeless person by throwing them a few quid, sometimes buy a big issue to but have been put right off doing that since the last time i bought one when the seller said thank-you to me in an Eastern European accent, screw that.

I hate all homeless equally but you seem to discriminate based upon where they are from.

You disgust me, you EDL cunt.

I suckered a few right cheeky daft little scruffs around last Bonfire Night.

For ages I'd had this dodgy tenner (replete with a picture of a well known sports star who just happens to be Abi Clancy's other half on it, instead of Her Maj). It was a running joke that I used to try and buy a round with it in our local after work every Friday, without any success.

Anyway, this particular night I walk into this wine bar to meet some mates and there are half a dozen scruffy little twats outside giving it large with the "penny for the guy" bollocks, so I walk right past them and one of the lippy little cunts gives it some verbal. At this stage I ignore the jakey scruffbag.

An hour later and we're booling back out and these kids accost us again, so I go, "Looker, I've only got this tenner, give me £9 and I'll give you the tenner."

Presto, easy money.