You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Brendan Rodgers Thread

mht1892

Guest Numero Veinticinco
He'll fight for his life to keep those teeth.

There's only two dentists he can trust. They're Dr Smith and Dr Brown. And Dr Jones. Why does he trust them? They're good technicians.

He said: 'It doesn’t matter who you are, if they’re not pulling their weight then they are letting down the club, the city and everyone who has stood by them.

'So until I get that assurance that we are going to get nothing but 100 per cent commitment, then there will be no solution.

'There has been a lot said and a lot reported, and we have made a stance, as a club and as a manager, of the commitment and the standards required.

'If you don’t have that commitment and those standards then you won’t play. It’s as simple as that.

'There’s no problem between me and him, it is quite calm. But obviously I have got to respect the club and the team.'

Another interview talking about "commitment" but no mention of apology.

Hopefully they can iron things out in private in the next few weeks, and he does come back with that 100 percent commitment.

I was at his press conference the other day and it has tp be said, I could listen to him talk all day. He's really charismatic.

Maybe he is to those easily fooled.

I could probably manage to listen to him for 5 minutes before I wanted to top myself or him because of his constant use of pathetic cliches he for some reason seems to think makes him look smart, when the reality is that he comes forward as a bit of a clown.

Maybe he is to those easily fooled.

I could probably manage to listen to him for 5 minutes before I wanted to top myself or him because of his constant use of pathetic cliches he for some reason seems to think makes him look smart, when the reality is that he comes forward as a bit of a clown.

But a clown that's worked under Mourinho and Scolari, rather than a clown that just plagues an internet forum. I know who I'd rather listen to.

I find him a hard listen at times, to be honest. Management school quackery and evangelical preaching aren't my thing. Ultimately, this doesn't matter if he gets results, of course...

I'll happily listen to him until he starts referring to himself in the third person. That's my cue to turn off his motivational CD.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
I was at his press conference the other day and it has tp be said, I could listen to him talk all day. He's really charismatic.

Yeah, I think Dave and others have said the same thing. I thought his interview with fans, which TLW were a part of, were very good.

I find him a hard listen at times, to be honest. Management school quackery and evangelical preaching aren't my thing. Ultimately, this doesn't matter if he gets results, of course...

Yeah, ultimately him getting results on the pitch is all I really give a fuck about.

If you take everything any manager says at face value you're consigning yourself to a life of bitter frustration. Just ask Coro. Or Nightcat.

I'm talking about form rather than content. The manager's job is to provide as little content as possible. Rodgers achieves that, at some length and with a certain earnestness. I just prefer other ways of achieving the goal. Dalglish's dismissive, fairly sarcastic way, for example.

Personal taste and all that...