You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Go fuck yourselves FSG

Neil G

32 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was expecting them to go up this season and was quite surprised when they didn't. In the grand scheme of things though raising standard ST & matchday prices brings in relatively little money in return for the bad press. We probably have around 45k regular priced tickets, a raise of 50 quid per ST would only raise 2.25m for a season. 

Irrespective of how little or much ticket money brings in, it's all lumped into matchday revenue in the accounts(?) is the fact these owners havent increased prices in 6 years. Many other PL clubs have. Ergo, it aint beyond probability that ticket prices could increase substantially more than 50 quid under a new owner.

It's the impact of the price rise on the match going fans that's the issue.

• Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Irrespective of how little or much ticket money brings in, it's all lumped into matchday revenue in the accounts(?) is the fact these owners havent increased prices in 6 years. Many other PL clubs have. Ergo, it aint beyond probability that ticket prices could increase substantially more than 50 quid under a new owner.

Oh piss off, with this fan care mumbo-jumbo. this is about Liverpool being able to compete against the city''s and chelseas of this world, forget these match going riff raff, lets get these owners who are cancerous, ne'er-do-wells and get them out of our club and lets get Liverpool football club competing and charging a reflective charge for our balti-billionaires wealth, so he/they, can take money in and out, just like this current lot have haven't.  Thing is my righteous brother - people want their cake and they want to eat it, its the English thing to do, so lets do it.....I want my Jude Bellingham and I want it now and to hell with the rest of it!

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

How long after any new owner takes over do people think it will be before the new owner increases ticket prices for the first time since 2016?

Id say the beginning of the following season.

Doesn't matter as most fans just can't get hold of them anyway. 

3 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

A noble sentiment and one I agree with. I think the reality will sadly be different. We might also be able to revel at the renaming of Anfield to the Ambani Reliance Industries Arena. How delightful.

If naming rights for Anfield get signing a few players like Bellingham/Caicedo through FFP then I don't care what the official name is, it will always be Anfield to fans

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, dockers_strike said:

I'm not sure a lot of clubs have been raising prices actually. Although many of them were expensive to begin with or like in spurs case they raise them loads pre-move of ground (something Everton did this season after their first rise in about a decade). And these owners would put them up too, except they've shit themselves after the walk out, because they couldn't believe people who weren't going to be hit with the £78 ticket walked out too. 

So they might go up under new owners. They might even go up under these owners, as you say it's been years, so it'll happen eventually if they get to understand the fan base. The year of the 78 quid they could have got away with increasing prices. They just got it wrong because they don't know the fans..now they just cower from the decision. 

27 minutes ago, FrenchEyeGlass said:

Interesting stuff. Personally I expect it to be more Americans. Tbh if they had a similar approach to FSG but were prepared to invest more I would be happy with that. I never felt while Klopp is here we needed ridiculous levels of investment, we just needed consistently higher amounts than we have seen. 

They may need to invest a bit more short term to make up for the lack of spend by FSG though. 

I just would like owners that are bright enough to back Jurgen and let him do the job and don't have such egos that they feel they need to get involved or know better. 

The right football people are in place and they won't overspend or waste your money. Just back them to do it. We don't need rich sheiks etc to do it. 

4 hours ago, Barrington Womble said:

I was expecting them to go up this season and was quite surprised when they didn't. In the grand scheme of things though raising standard ST & matchday prices brings in relatively little money in return for the bad press. We probably have around 45k regular priced tickets, a raise of 50 quid per ST would only raise 2.25m for a season. 

It’s the same with things like programmes and food and drink yet despite the relatively tiny margins involved they seem fine squeezing the fans for as much extra as possible. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

Doesn't matter as most fans just can't get hold of them anyway. 

Funny, I can remember lots of people on here saying they could get tickets easily, you just had to know who to ask. Since then, we've had 8500 extra seats in the MS and 7000 new seats in the new ARE when finished. Oh and that's before those who said they were giving up going due to FSG.

2 hours ago, Lee909 said:

If naming rights for Anfield get signing a few players like Bellingham/Caicedo through FFP then I don't care what the official name is, it will always be Anfield to fans

So you'd sell the soul of the club and in the next breath, you talk about the club's working class background etc, etc. Thought you said you were jibbing the game off because of city and fans cant get tickets so what fans would be in the ground to call remember to call it Anfield?

23 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Funny, I can remember lots of people on here saying they could get tickets easily, you just had to know who to ask. Since then, we've had 8500 extra seats in the MS and 7000 new seats in the new ARE when finished. Oh and that's before those who said they were giving up going due to FSG.

So you'd sell the soul of the club and in the next breath, you talk about the club's working class background etc, etc. Thought you said you were jibbing the game off because of city and fans cant get tickets so what fans would be in the ground to call remember to call it Anfield?

I've not been able to get tickets since 2015. Had my membership for years before, Went to about 10 PL home games a season, all the home cup and European games. 

Then in 2015 something changed with how the club allocate tickets and i have not been able to get a single ticket since on my own membership. 

I've been to one home game since 2015 and that was down to someone a knew not wanting to go. 

The extra capacity in the ground is an absolute myth for normal everyday fans as the club want the day trippers who spend ££££ in the club store and in the restaurants in the ground. 

Its a shame as i personally feel I've had my club taken away from me.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Leyton388 said:

I've not been able to get tickets since 2015. Had my membership for years before, Went to about 10 PL home games a season, all the home cup and European games. 

Then in 2015 something changed with how the club allocate tickets and i have not been able to get a single ticket since on my own membership. 

I've been to one home game since 2015 and that was down to someone a knew not wanting to go. 

The extra capacity in the ground is an absolute myth for normal everyday fans as the club want the day trippers who spend ££££ in the club store and in the restaurants in the ground. 

Its a shame as i personally feel I've had my club taken away from me.

Yep. Breaks my heart seeing the amount of mobile phone waving out mof towners in boss seats around the ground knowing that die-hards who'd bleed for the club have no chance of getting a ticket. Ok they bring in the revenue as you said but it's taken part of the soul of the club/match going experience. I know loads of older fellas that used to go to every home match who just gave up in the mid 90's when the ethos switched. 

I'm not against us having a global fanbase but I'd rather see Dave from Walton who will go and sing his heart out get a ticket than some twat from Japan who is only going for his instagram. 

• Upvote 4

34 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Yep. Breaks my heart seeing the amount of mobile phone waving out mof towners in boss seats around the ground knowing that die-hards who'd bleed for the club have no chance of getting a ticket. Ok they bring in the revenue as you said but it's taken part of the soul of the club/match going experience. I know loads of older fellas that used to go to every home match who just gave up in the mid 90's when the ethos switched. 

I'm not against us having a global fanbase but I'd rather see Dave from Walton who will go and sing his heart out get a ticket than some twat from Japan who is only going for his instagram. 

Spot on every word. 

The local everyday fans who bleed LFC have been pushed out and replaced with "Customers".

Got no problem with international fans coming to watch us but fans who have been loyal over the years should be given priority. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Leyton388 said:

Spot on every word. 

The local everyday fans who bleed LFC have been pushed out and replaced with "Customers".

Got no problem with international fans coming to watch us but fans who have been loyal over the years should be given priority. 

I posted a video some girl got of the Barca semi final. Fair play she got some brilliant footage but seemed to film most of the game and she was in the lower Kemlyn towards the Kop surrounded by out of towners with their phones out. How the fuck or what have they spent to get them tickets? For a champions league semi final? I only managed a ticket through a BT Sport connection there was no chance of getting one otherwise without paying a ridiculous amount. 

A few old mates have started going to Prescot Cables the last few years and they've been getting some decent attandances (nearly 1500 against City of Liverpool the other day) so I can see once Newcastle take a stranglehold and we get pushed away I'll just start going there instead. 

Unless we get bought by a squillionaire who keeps me slightly interested 

9 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The atmosphere has gone to shit this season, when you would think more local people would be going, due to the changes with member tickets.

The three home games Ive been to so far, have been a bit embarrassing if I’m honest.