You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fair play Andy Carroll. Came on, showed desire, passion, bravery and ultimately changed the game for us. Desperately unlucky to have not been given the goal. Pleased we are seeing more of the player we thought we had signed.

Our MOM by an absolute mile despite being on only 30 minutes, followed by Johnson.

Pepe sorry carry that form on and you can fuck off, Enrique got better but his form has been well off in the last few months.

Henderson, give ya one more season, you're young.

Downing, these are supposed to be your peak years. There is surely not much more you can deteriorate from this. You can fuck off right now smoggie!

Couldn't fault him today for effort and a bit of passion.

If a few more had shown the same, who knows....

He did well to hold it together during the interview afterwards too when being lured into 'was it over or not' debate, and 'is the League Cup good enough for Liverpool?'.

I thought he did the club a real credit today. Deserves a bit of praise for once.

Guest ShoePiss

I couldn't believe the close control he showed for that goal and what a great finish. He did restore pride a little today, before that we were limp and pathetic.

I've given him a lot of stick over the season and I'm really pleased to be able to note his positive contribution today.

I hope it continues and the likes of WaltonRed (who has stuck by him all the way) are proven right and I'm proven wrong.

Well in Andy lad.

I can't remember a time we had so many utterly wank players and performances to match. Fair play to the big lad for at least trying.

Henderson, Spearing, Downing. The unholy trinity of fucking shite.

The most ironic part was he was like a young, exciting, powerful, Drogba, ok so he's not performed countless times but just to know he has a performance like that in his locker is some consolation for today.

Fortunately he is young, and he's ours, also fortunately unlike Drogba he doesn't impersonate an Olympic diver whenever he sees a shadow, and continue to roll across the pitch! If there was such a thing as a Chelsea fan who actually knew anything about Football/had a bit of pride, Drogba would have been hounded out years ago for his childish antics.

Carrol showed he has skill, power and determination, he will be a great footballer! Big man, hold your head up high.

Enrique and Downing might aswell have their right ankles tied together, fucking sick to death of their cute touches to each other which ultimately lead to a counter by the oppostion, when was the last time Enrique crossed a ball?

There have been some encouraging signs from him in a few matches in the second half of the season but today was his best display by far. Seemed like he really wanted to prove a point when he came on about how he should have started the match. I agree Johnson had a good game and I thought Agger did too but that's probably about it. Some ofthe others did okay in the last half hour but most of them were shocking for the first hour.

Guest ShoePiss
I can't remember a time we had so many utterly wank players and performances to match. Fair play to the big lad for at least trying.

I remember a thread on here last year championing the depth of our squad, I think we'd just beaten Chelsea so it would have been November.

Apart from the long term injury to Lucas what has changed exactly? I also remember saying it wasn't that strong but that's neither here nor there.

Our MOM by an absolute mile despite being on only 30 minutes, followed by Johnson.

Pepe sorry carry that form on and you can fuck off, Enrique got better but his form has been well off in the last few months.

Henderson, give ya one more season, you're young.

Downing, these are supposed to be your peak years. There is surely not much more you can deteriorate from this. You can fuck off right now smoggie!

Ah, the lovely he's young excuse. He really isn't you know... he's just incredibly bland, anonymous, and not just a little shit. Should be the first one out the door, closely followed by Downing, Carra and Kuyt. Not good enough, not even close.

Oh, and Carroll was very good. Too bad Kenny subbed our one good crosser of the ball and kept shite like Henderson and Downing on.

I'm not sure I'd put Henderson in there...but I love the sentiment

Need to spread the love, though. Sorry

Edit. Its Big Andy's thread and he showed some passion today. He showed have been on from the start

HE IS NOW ARE STAR MAN. BUILD A SIDE ABOUT HIM. WE WERE TOTAL SHIT UNTIL HE CAM ON. WE COULD HAVE WON THAT MATCH IF THE BIG MAN WAS AT LEAST BROUGHT ON AT THE START OF THE SECOND HALF. AT LEAST THE PLAYERS HAVE TASTED DEFEAT IN A FINAL SO THAT WILL MAKE THEM STRONGER, WE STILL NEED PLAYERS.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
HE IS NOW ARE STAR MAN. BUILD A SIDE ABOUT HIM. WE WERE TOTAL SHIT UNTIL HE CAM ON. WE COULD HAVE WON THAT MATCH IF THE BIG MAN WAS AT LEAST BROUGHT ON AT THE START OF THE SECOND HALF. AT LEAST THE PLAYERS HAVE TASTED DEFEAT IN A FINAL SO THAT WILL MAKE THEM STRONGER, WE STILL NEED PLAYERS.

Cunt. Capslock. Hmm. I christen ye 'cuntslock'.

Should have come on before half time or at least during it. There were signs of Suarez being isolated from early on. Dalglish needs to be a lot tougher with thes kind of changes earlier in the game.

Yeah, why was he on the bench for so long when some clueless and gutless playres were embarrassing Liverpool on the pitch with that pathetic performance? I would llike to hear what Kenny has got to say for himself.

The most ironic part was he was like a young, exciting, powerful, Drogba, ok so he's not performed countless times but just to know he has a performance like that in his locker is some consolation for today.

Very true , it really is all good to see he has that in him , didn't think he had that scale of performance in him, glad to be wrong , he so nearly won that for us single handed , if that header goes in ive no doubt we win the Cup.

If you didn't know any of the players on the pitch and watched that game you would wonder who the fuck that awesome player was and why the fuck wasn't he starting ......... such a shame it didn't result in a winners medal.

Look at the type of player and personalities we have in our side,Which players would you class as passive and which players are aggresive or fighters.We have too many downings and hendersons,nice but seem thick as fook and not the kind of players you want in the trenches with you.Poor form is forgivable but lack of heart and steel is not,the big lads taken abuse but at least hes got bottle and on recent form talent,give me a team of mid table battlers who love the shirt than a mid table team of gutless bottlers.Seen enough to think when hes fit as he seems to be getting then he could be a major player for us.Hope the other new signing take heed