You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Of the four signings Kenny made this summer Hend****n Adam D***ing and him, he is the only one that gave any hint that he would be a success prior to coming here.

The only issue is we paid too much for him.

He's the only one of that four that should be anywhere near a red shirt next season. And today doesnt influence that view.

What a shower of shit we signed.

He's certainly improved second half of this season. I put it down to attitude. When he wants it, he is a beast, the player we thought we were getting when we paid that obscene amount of money for him. I think it has taken him a long time to settle after leaving his boyhood club (when he clearly would have preferred to have stayed in my opinion). I feel now he has begun to feel at home with us and we are seeing this steady improvement, not only in performance but attitude. He was fantastic today for the thirty mins he played. Not perfect by any means, but that was one of the most committed and determined performances I have seen from him.

If he starts next season like that we will do a lot better as you can tell defenders loathe having to defend against him when he plays like that.

I thought he did very well when he came on. Chelsea looked frightened of him, he was absolutely up for it, and he was unfortunate not to level it with that header. Whether he would have made as big an impact from the start it's difficult to say, but that was certainly his best game for us coming on as a substitute.

The newcastle match seems to be a turning point with big andy,maybe he realised that he was no longer the local hero but public enemy number 1,His fitness and desire seemed to change since that day and it could be the best thing that happened to him this season and for next season maybe us as when hes fit hes quality

Carroll has had a few matches that I can remember where I thought I'd seen the player we signed from Newcastle. Against Man Utd in the cup, he was a beast. Against Blackburn he was immense as well. In that dead rubber of a match on Tuesday against Fulham, he put in a decent shift. He was a beast today. He was calling for the ball every time we were going up the field or whenever we regained possession. It's a shame he wasn't awarded the second goal to put us level. The first was so unexpected that I didn't even cheer I was stunned by the way he turned John Terry inside-out. Only when watching it on the big screen did I see how well he took his chance. If this end-of-season Andy could show up at the beginning of the season as well (and not just in cup competitions) then I'd be happy.

If Andy goes on to be a consistent big performer for us, then looking back, something positive will have come from a gutting Cup Final team performance and loss.

I may have been desperate and a little drunk watching it at the time, but I thought his shift was inspirational, certainly when you consider it was framed within a pretty awful team display.

His goal, on replay, was very skilful. Terry is ageing but no CB chump just yet. Carroll did him and got an undeserving team back in the game.

I thought his crossbar header was immense and, if it didn't cross the line, was well-saved rather than "missed" (point-blank or otherwise).

I'll remember a shit, shit Cup Final for his contribution.

May it continue.

Something I liked that hasn't been mentioned in isolation was the attempted header where he was about 3 deep and still got a fair piece of the ball. I just loved the take-no-prisoners attitude in that play, to the point where he nearly took out Bellamy. Defenders would fucking hate trying to mark him when he does more of that.

That humiliating day at Newcastle seems to have been a turning point in his short reds career to date. Let's hope the upward curve in his form graph rolls on into next season.

He has been putting in performances since the turn of the year. He may not be the most gifted player in the world, or worth 35 million. But the young lad has balls, unlike numerous players in the squad.

Should have started. What spearing, henderson and downing did to deserve a spot before him i just don't know.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Like I said last night, he has to get a lot of credit for his performance yesterday. However, we were lumping balls into him from long. Is that the system we want to play from now on? Forget pass and move, forget breaking out of defence with pace, forget the possession football, and buy players who can hover around Andy and pick up the knock downs?

There's a suggestion we keep in in the squad as an 'option' off the bench? Again, he showed a lot of heart yesterday, but he isn't the player for us unless the plan is playing direct football.

Like I said last night, he has to get a lot of credit for his performance yesterday. However, we were lumping balls into him from long. Is that the system we want to play from now on? Forget pass and move, forget breaking out of defence with pace, forget the possession football, and buy players who can hover around Andy and pick up the knock downs?

There's a suggestion we keep in in the squad as an 'option' off the bench? Again, he showed a lot of heart yesterday, but he isn't the player for us unless the plan is playing direct football.

The first goal had good build up play and can be repeated if the likes of Henderson and Downing are improved.

You can also have a system that combines short incisive passing and plenty of crosses from wide. Man Utd have been doing it for years.

Yep. Showed heart, and scored a good goal and very nearly pulled back another. Still not the player we need, but respect for him has gone up for that shift.

Why can't you just give credit where it's due, without having a dig every fucking time!

until a few months ago I was firm in my belief that he was utter shite and possibly the worse value signing ever by any club.

I still think he`s got major weaknesses but at least he`s started to show some qualities and he`s making positive contributions. He`s certainly worth a place in the squad and should of started yesterday.

He saved us from being embarrassed yesterday and with goalline technology in place he would of saved the game.

I'm personally a bit gutted we haven't seen this attitude/desire from him since August. The cynics would point to a certain England tournament in a month or so as to the reason for his sudden upturn in form/attitude.

He's trying out for the Olympic squad?

He's certainly improved second half of this season. I put it down to attitude. When he wants it, he is a beast, the player we thought we were getting when we paid that obscene amount of money for him. I think it has taken him a long time to settle after leaving his boyhood club (when he clearly would have preferred to have stayed in my opinion). I feel now he has begun to feel at home with us and we are seeing this steady improvement, not only in performance but attitude. He was fantastic today for the thirty mins he played. Not perfect by any means, but that was one of the most committed and determined performances I have seen from him.

If he starts next season like that we will do a lot better as you can tell defenders loathe having to defend against him when he plays like that.

I agree with this.

Funnily enough, his change in attitude seemed to coincide with the game against Newcastle at Christmas. Maybe that was the realisation that he wasn't one of them anymore and that his dream of being the next Alan Shearer had gone? Certainly been a much better player in the second half of the season.

He's improving all the time. As his confidence improves, his skill set will follow suite. Today, for the first time, I actually found myself thinking that he and Suarez could make it work as a duo. He is a contrast to Suarez, and he IS a threat, which leaves Suarez in the clear ( and vice versa)

I was made up when we signed him,and kind of dissapointed before xmas with the way it was going for him,but since chrismas (when he plays) he has been probably our best player along side Skrtel and Aggeri just hope he gets his chance next year he doesnt deserve to play 2nd fiddle to Suarez all the time he could be a massive player for us in the future.

A big thing for me yesterday was the emotion he showed at the final whistle he looked like he gave a fuck which at points during his Liverpool career he hasnt shown alot of.

I can't remember a time we had so many utterly wank players and performances to match. Fair play to the big lad for at least trying.

Henderson, Spearing, Downing. The unholy trinity of fucking shite.

Very harsh on Spearing. Nowhere near good enough and extremely limited as a player, but no way should he be lumped in the same bracket as a winger we paid £20m for and is so cowardly he won't take a man on.