You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Your first cup final

Antynwa

First was the 2001 Birmingham League Cup Final for me.

Me and my dad went down on a bit coach to a place called Abergavenny were we were based for 2 nights with the match on the second day. It was a smallish place with not much there. En route we stopped at this remote pub in a tiny, tiny village and had a few pints in the boozer. My overriding memories of that was that there was a tranny in the pub and someone from the coach shagged a 15year old girl in the graveyard adjacent. This was at about 2 in the afternoon.

Day of the match we coached in to Cardiff early and I remember being surprised that they managed to stick such a big stadium in the middle of the city centre without it being an unmitigated disaster.

The match itself was a tense affair, Fowler's screamer and the first penalty shoot out I'd ever been at. I didn't watch any of them until Westerveld saved the last one when we all went nuts.

Was a cracker weekend that

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

First was the 2001 Birmingham League Cup Final for me.

Me and my dad went down on a bit coach to a place called Abergavenny were we were based for 2 nights with the match on the second day. It was a smallish place with not much there. En route we stopped at this remote pub in a tiny, tiny village and had a few pints in the boozer. My overriding memories of that was that there was a tranny in the pub and someone from the coach shagged a 15year old girl in the graveyard adjacent. This was at about 2 in the afternoon.

Day of the match we coached in to Cardiff early and I remember being surprised that they managed to stick such a big stadium in the middle of the city centre without it being an unmitigated disaster.

The match itself was a tense affair, Fowler's screamer and the first penalty shoot out I'd ever been at. I didn't watch any of them until Westerveld saved the last one when we all went nuts.

Was a cracker weekend that

Two questions?

1.Was it you?

2.Are you now the forum necrophiliac?

That must have been some experience as a fresh faced 35 year old. When George slides onto his back in celebration you should've run on to the pitch and sat on him.

Listen "shit for brains"

envy's a terrible thing,

I was still in Primary school

Yesterday was the first time I was ever lucky enough to get my hands on a cup final ticket after winning it in the ballot. I'm not sure whether I want to go back to Wembley though. Not just because we didn't win (I went to the semi-final). I just don't think I like the new Wembley much as a football stadium. You feel like you're in a massive bowl. One massive, expensive, soulless bowl.