You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who could we realistically get?

lebron

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly after watching yesterday I would take Cisse as a 3rd choice striker (Carroll 4th...). Frustrating as hell, but he could take the flick-ons from Suarez and we would definitely score more than we are now (not that that's a tough one....).

Plus when he shoots, the ball tends to stay down rather than ballooning a mile into the stands like pretty much everyone on our side.....

Well, I for one was kidding but at the same time pissed off at our totally shit shooting abilities.....

fuck me when cisse was here he couldn't shoot either! one on one and he used to fucking wallop them into the kop then sit on the floor feelin sorry for himself

Kenny has done enough for this football club to deserve time. He's shown in the past that he is a very good manager. If we do the cup double, then it balances out alot of the poorness of our league form.

I would say that Kenny's decision to buy Carroll was a very very ill-thought out one that seemed to stink off desperation because we were losing Torres. I know Carroll looked very good at times for Newcastle but 35mil for a fella that was very good for 4 months?? Some on here are blaming others, but the buck stops with the manager. Downing for 20 mil was a poor deal..good solid England squad/b player yes but that money would buy you much much better players at a fraction of the cost on the continent.

In fairness, Adam for 8 or 9 mil was a good punt, even if it hasn't come off.

I think Hendo will come good in central mid and Enrique has been at times an excellent buy.

All in all, a big summer, but the King deserves it.

I just fear that many/most will have concerns whether Kenny is the right man for the job, and where there are very few alternatives to replace him. While I think Kenny could have spent the money he's been given better, it's not like the cream of Europe have been queing up to play for us, is it? We have taken a bashing off the field as well, so even if we still are a huge club globally,

I think Kenny has gotten us back on the right track playing wise. I just don't think he'll take us much further... Being a club legend probably gives Kenny another year to make a push for top 4, but I am truly worried about our future these days.

Just wanted to have a reasonable debate about what we should do if the trend continues, and whether there's any point in letting Kenny go if that happens. I think our best hope lies in giving Kenny our support and financial backing, because if we don't he will surely fail.

kenny-dalglish_2151293b.jpg

Don't see why if we put the money down. Where else is he going to realistically? He had a terrible time in Italy and Spain, not that Barca or Real would be back in for him anyway.

He'd be linking up with Luis again too were he to come here. He'd definitely be first choice, at a club with, we all hope, big ambitions. €20m buyout clause too, which is reasonable. Wages would be a big obstacle though if Schalke are offering those sums of money.

Code? He guarantees 4th.

Sadly I dont have the experience and status to become a PL manager, but I would be a fuckin awesome Sporting Director and if the manager could not win the league with the players I handed over to him he might as well just pack it in.

I thought this was players related though and just wanted to pop in to say we could and should get Quaresma and that we can get him considerably cheap even if he is Besiktas captain.

I thought this was players related though and just wanted to pop in to say we could and should get Quaresma and that we can get him considerably cheap even if he is Besiktas captain.

...nice pick that, a player who went on strike at Barca because he didn't like playing for Rijkaard, also voted the "worst player in the Series A". He'd fit right in with some of our summer signings.

...nice pick that, a player who went on strike at Barca because he didn't like playing for Rijkaard, also voted the "worst player in the Series A". He'd fit right in with some of our summer signings.

Reprhase it to one of the most talented attacking players in the world not happy about playing fullbakc so he rather want to go home and get some playing time and one of the most fought after players to never really get a chance at his new club and we might get somewhere.

Jesus, you actually had a bite. Astonishing.

Not fishing at all, Quaresma is exactly the type of as direct attacking player we are missing in this team, he would probably be worth around 15 points alone this season, never mind the influence he would have on our general play.