You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 238
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How can it be embarrassing for me?

The essence of the thread has so far been as spot on as its possible to be.

code, is 54 points in the 98-99 season our worst premier league points total and will we even beat that this season?

Guest ShoePiss

So what, a supporter displays blind optimism. It doesn't make code look stupid nor is it funny. Everyone does at, if they don't they aren't really a supporter more an observer.

code, is 54 points in the 98-99 season our worst premier league points total and will we even beat that this season?

Going back to when we became a 20 team league it is.

95/96: 71p

96/97: 68P

97/98: 65P

98/99: 54P - Houllier's first season

99/00: 67P

00/01: 69P

01/02: 80P

02/03: 64P

03/04: 60P

04/05: 58P - Rafa's first season

05/06: 82P

06/07: 68P

07/08: 76P

08/09: 86P

09/10: 63P

10/11: 58P

11/12: 42p currently - Kenny's first season

04/05:

It's been quite a season so far. Life everyone else I've seen the glaring problems in the team... can't finish... still need a winger... new signings not settling or making an impact etc. But even with all the problems we were still in a scrap for top four. Beat Arsenal and then we are right in the mix. But alas, they won, and the gap grew enormous. And then this wonderful thread!

Thanks to Code for bringing light in the midst of the gloom. Ten wins. OK, we all know that we haven't looked anywhere close to getting 10 wins on the bounce, but the optimistic amongst us knew that it was spelled S-U-P-P-O-R-T and so we saddled up for a barnstorming run in. First up QPR. We will easily win that. Play well. Batter them. Miraculously lose. Definitely not in the script. Fan morale hits the floor.

Enter Code. Seriously mate, thanks for the optimism and the statistical basis set forth. OK the situation was far from ideal, but with 9 games to go, time to regroup. 27 points to play for. If we somehow managed to nab all 27 points we would, more often than not, be assured of a top four finish. So what the heck. Game on. Count me in. The red men are coming up the hill! QPR was a shock, but this time, no worries. A home banker against Wigan.

Erm...

I haven't been on here since the game finished, but I have calmed down enough to now set foot in the door. QPR was a disaster, but the performance had many redeeming features and we could still cling to a last thread of hope. Wigan saw that off today.

As an optimistic and hopefully, fairly balanced fan, I really don't know what to think now. League Cup was great. Still going in the FA Cup. That's great. But I do not recognize what we have become in the league. It hurts.

I said it a few weeks ago, for about 3 seasons now at the exact same time we've had threads exactly like this....and the outcome has been the same everytime.

Not that I'm blaming the thread. Just making the observation that the club, players, fanbase...everything related to us is becoming like groundhog day.

We just can't catch a break.

I'm praying next season Kenny gets us chomping at the bit, we sign maybe 1 top quality player and 2 or 3 under the radar quality players. We hit the ground running and we maybe win some more silverware and make an actual sustained proper right till the death go at top 4.

Thats all I hope for now.

Sorry Code but this is all your fault so am bumpin this one, deep down I know I should have opted to dig up the Jordan Henderson is boss thread and smoke the OP then shame that muthafucka but I let me hed rules me heart. If ye had the choice between a brain hemearragge and a heart attack Id prefer the brain one, strap me in and send me to the hemosphere I say but wen it comes the the crunch Ive voted against my heart and could be made to pay by this heart of mine at any momeny. Im kinda hinging this threads bumping on the hope my heart will be a reasonably minded heart, one that has a sense of humour perhaps but for all I know it could be bitter and callous and nottobefuckwitd. So lets hope things work out but Ive decided to bump this one despite the threat of a vengeant heart and the waste of a good chance to highlight how shit henderson trully is and those that support him are arseholes.

If anything it may dislodge another flopater thread with a load of uterus cowards dissing tha kingster but a high price to pay for me and so now you must pay. See you in hell

21/3: QPR away 1 - points in reality 0

24/3: Wigan home 3 - 0

01/04: Newcastle away 1 - 0

07/04: Aston Villa home 3

10/04: Blackburn away 3

14/04: Fulham home* 3

21/04: West Brom home 1

28/04: Norwich away 1

05/05: Chelsea home* 3

13/03: Swansea away 0

In my opinion anyway

Would give us 61 points.

Meaning Arsenal have to pick up 10-11 points from 30.

Spurs have to pick up 9-10 points from 30.

So as much as i would love to see it, its a no from me.

This thread is dying fast.