You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 598
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Excuse me here mate, I don't understand what the fuck you're talking about.

Everybody with half a fucking brain knew that they were average (and a couple of them shit) before we bought them. People are 'crying' because they shouldn't have been bought and somebody in the club needs to sort it out.

"It was always going to be a long climb back to the top". Well of course it is if you spend a fucking treasure of cash on absolute gash! We would have had fourth place this season if we had spent wisely. Our team was not £100m away from the top four when Torres left. No fucking way.

That's nice, but what do you suggest?

That was the performance of a team more interested in an FA Cup QF next weekend because they no longer believe they can get 4th so it doesn't matter if they don't improve on last seasons 6th or the points total of 58. even the warm up smacked of a team who's minds were elsewhere. They were trying to get this passing drill going with gerrard in the middle laying it off to the passer and well the lack of effort they showed doing that carried on to the pitch. if last week was unlucky then this was up there with the bolton game because just like then we are distracted by the possibility of going to wembley if we can beat stoke at home. unfortunately we had this league game and another one midweek before we play that. The team smacked of resting players for next week too although I was happy to see coates get his chance and he had a good game bar getting caught under a ball first half and I think bendtner got in behind us but failed to pick out anyone with the pull back.

we created very little. suarez had a couple of ricochet riddled dribbles that mostly ended in goal kicks, our passing was poor either finding their men or being overhit but they didn't create much either. really it had nil nil written all over it but there's usually some slice of luck involved in games against sunderland whether it's a beach ball or a generous penalty or today a ball rebounding off the post then off the keeper for lazy arse bendtner to tap in. I've no excuses because we created very little and while a draw would have been a fair result I was really disappointed in the lack of urgency and quality we showed. I thought the back 4 played well especially kelly who kept man of the moment James McClean very quiet. Adam was decent as well particularly in the air and I was annoyed he was substituted because I don't think dirk played well and I'm fed up of Gerrard playing so deep. Just fucking play him off the frontman for a few games and I'm sure we'll start finding the net more often. Henderson got a good round of applause from the home fans when the team was announced and then he repaid them with the sort of confusing performance he's become synonymous with this season - he's all over the place doing nothing. Bellamy on the other side had a few moments but was never really in it. He was replaced by Gerrard, Carroll came on for henderson who got another good round of applause for getting the home side 16m. Gerrard did at least manage a shot on goal and he also got to a ball at the back post late on but no one was expecting him to get it and our last chance disappeared. I'm not sure what downing did after the first 30 seconds of his introduction because the first thing I saw him do was pull out of a 50 50 so he is officially dead to me now. Carroll has been more beneficial to us defensively than up front this season.

I'm tired of this season now. we're in amongst sunderland, fulham and stoke who have all beaten us. if we lose to everton they'll go above us but it's ok we've won the carling cup and we're in the quarter final of the FA cup. All I can say is we better win the FA cup as well because we're heading for about 10th in the league so that might be the only thing that saves kenny.

If we were so shit then why was everybody on this forum calling for Rafa's head? After all it wasn't his fault we had cancer and aids upstairs. And it was him who brought those players you call world class.

Im sick of this apologist attitude. Kenny has made mistakes. Our team is shit mainly due to a poor performance in the transfer market by Kenny and Comolli. Not because "our team was so shit, that our current shitness is still an improvement".

Rafa did a fine job for us, including most of the talent he bought. In his final year he lost the plot . The calls for his head acknowledged that loss of focus.

The exact dynamic of the Comolli/Kenny transfer relationship is unknown. Comolli was supposed to be the wise strategic head – that has not worked. FSG’s inexperience which Comolli was supposed to compensate for has also not worked.

Our transfer pull is overstated. We haven’t won a title for two decades and had won nothing for half a decade. A year ago, Luis and Carroll joined a team which had been bombed out of the Cl the year previous in one of our worst CL campaigns ever, and from which all the best players had wanted out.

A team that contains Dirk, Luis, Carroll, Bellamy and Maxi should be scoring more goals than it currently is. That is a training ground issue, not a transfer issue. Blackburn, Bolton, Fulham, and West Brom, have all scored more than us. The lamentable Steve Keane has “masterminded” a Blackburn team that has scored ten more goals than us. A strong Board would have Kenny and the coaching staff in, and ask some pretty searching questions. But FSG don’t know the questions to ask, and Comolli, in the circumstances isn’t going to provide them.

That was the performance of a team more interested in an FA Cup QF next weekend because they no longer believe they can get 4th so it doesn't matter if they don't improve on last seasons 6th or the points total of 58. even the warm up smacked of a team who's minds were elsewhere. They were trying to get this passing drill going with gerrard in the middle laying it off to the passer and well the lack of effort they showed doing that carried on to the pitch. if last week was unlucky then this was up there with the bolton game because just like then we are distracted by the possibility of going to wembley if we can beat stoke at home. unfortunately we had this league game and another one midweek before we play that. The team smacked of resting players for next week too although I was happy to see coates get his chance and he had a good game bar getting caught under a ball first half and I think bendtner got in behind us but failed to pick out anyone with the pull back.

we created very little. suarez had a couple of ricochet riddled dribbles that mostly ended in goal kicks, our passing was poor either finding their men or being overhit but they didn't create much either. really it had nil nil written all over it but there's usually some slice of luck involved in games against sunderland whether it's a beach ball or a generous penalty or today a ball rebounding off the post then off the keeper for lazy arse bendtner to tap in. I've no excuses because we created very little and while a draw would have been a fair result I was really disappointed in the lack of urgency and quality we showed. I thought the back 4 played well especially kelly who kept man of the moment James McClean very quiet. Adam was decent as well particularly in the air and I was annoyed he was substituted because I don't think dirk played well and I'm fed up of Gerrard playing so deep. Just fucking play him off the frontman for a few games and I'm sure we'll start finding the net more often. Henderson got a good round of applause from the home fans when the team was announced and then he repaid them with the sort of confusing performance he's become synonymous with this season - he's all over the place doing nothing. Bellamy on the other side had a few moments but was never really in it. He was replaced by Gerrard, Carroll came on for henderson who got another good round of applause for getting the home side 16m. Gerrard did at least manage a shot on goal and he also got to a ball at the back post late on but no one was expecting him to get it and our last chance disappeared. I'm not sure what downing did after the first 30 seconds of his introduction because the first thing I saw him do was pull out of a 50 50 so he is officially dead to me now. Carroll has been more beneficial to us defensively than up front this season.

I'm tired of this season now. we're in amongst sunderland, fulham and stoke who have all beaten us. if we lose to everton they'll go above us but it's ok we've won the carling cup and we're in the quarter final of the FA cup. All I can say is we better win the FA cup as well because we're heading for about 10th in the league so that might be the only thing that saves kenny.

That makes it even worse, considering they have already been bollocked for that once this season.

In fairness there's not a great deal of quality out there, anywhere. We've paid well over the odds for players who haven't done the business, no doubt, but I'd be interested to know which signings this year who have done well - who were within our grasp - we missed out on, or should have tried to buy.

The only players who've really impressed me have been Ashley Young and Aguero, and you don't have to be a talent scout to spot their ability - but neither would have come here.

The way things stand, I'd ship out Carroll, Downing and Adam - I think Henderson is worth persevering with for a couple more years in his correct central role, I also think Gerrard's time is up, not just physically, but he has the air of someone who's mentally checked out now - not something I thought I'd ever say.

I still think we can attract top signings if we go about our business properly, but we should be investing heavily in our scouting network, we need to find the best up and coming players to take us forward. In the days of city and chelsea, there's no alternative.

Dalglish was handed one of the biggest rebuilding jobs in history though, nothing should be taken away from that fact. Gerrard and Carragher approaching the scrap heap, Torres out the door, Mascherano and Xabi already gone, all he had to work with was a goalkeeper. The idea that he somehow took a side which was 'just outside' the top four and made it worse is ludicrous, it was relegation fodder - and not just because Hodgson was shit.

I agree with what you say about it being a big rebuilding programme but it is extremely disappointing for me that we probably wont spend the same amount again as we have in the last 12 months and much of it was squandered. Due to the massive rebuilding job we needed to be very shrewd in the transfer market bringing in players of real quality and yet for the most part we have bought quite poorly.

I think Rory Smith said it best on the Anfield Wrap saying something like "if you sign average players you get an average team".

The whole 'buy British' idea has massively backfired. Someone at the club had a rationale for that approach and because you are paying a premium, if it fails it will look worse.

Ironically, our only non-Brit signing has been a success. Our signings for the last 2 years have been absolute garbage though, bar a couple of notable exceptions.

I think Rory Smith said it best on the Anfield Wrap saying something like "if you sign average players you get an average team".

That's way too simplistic; a team should be greater than the sum of its parts.

Charlie Adam was not an average player last season - in fact, he was one of the league's better midfielders. What is he now? A fat mess of mediocrity. Ditto Downing (white dog shit has more presence). Maybe they were playing above their level to secure a move somewhere bigger and better and said move has exposed their flaws but whatever the reason they're not performing for us. By the way, I'm not one of those who subscribe to the Hendo Is A Eunuch theory as once his balls drop he'll be fine.

Of course the signings could have been better (or could they?) but - for where we are in the rebuilding process - I would take the Insipid Flids over the Spice Boys any day.

Charlie Adam was not an average player last season - in fact, he was one of the league's better midfielders. What is he now? A fat mess of mediocrity. Ditto Downing (white dog shit has more presence). Maybe they were playing above their level to secure a move somewhere bigger and better and said move has exposed their flaws but whatever the reason they're not performing for us. By the way, I'm not one of those who subscribe to the Hendo Is A Eunuch theory as once his balls drop he'll be fine.

Of course the signings could have been better (or could they?) but - for where we are in the rebuilding process - I would take the Insipid Flids over the Spice Boys any day.

Have to disagree with that.

Fucking shit.

Not gonna give Kenny grief but I'll give his signings grief cos they deserve it.

Adam is a woeful midfielder. He lost the ball more than he found a team mate today.

Someone has to take responsibility for the signings and be big enough to get rid of them cos they aren't good enough.

Adam and Downing are shit, get rid as soon as we can. Carroll is average but i think we're stuck with him.

Only Enrique and Bellamy were good signings last summer. Henderson could join that list if he improves.

Gutted that after so much money we're no closer to CL football than last season.

Sorry mate, but as much as I agree about downing I never thought Adam was even a halfway decent midfielder.

Vaughn was blackpools player of the year, which says all you need to know about adam.

I've said from the start that adam is a one trick pony, and he has done nothing to disabuse me of that opinion.

He's slow, predictable and is unable to play a one touch game because he doesn't have a football brain or the necessary awareness.

Hell, even Sami's crossfield ball was as good as adams, and he knew when to play it rather than just playing it when he can't see another option as adam does time after time.

That said, he'd be a decent enough squad player, and would offer something coming off the bench, except his set pieces have been utter shite for 99% of the time.

The reason we have a shit squad is down to one or perhaps 2 people, and we all know who they are.

It's time to stop this fucking shite policy of buying british, and nurture the local young talent instead.

Some people have short memories. Since when was Kenny ever touted as a long term solution and the future for LFC? He was brought in to steady the ship after Hodgson, and to appease the fans after the G&H debacle. He was there, and FSG didn’t know what to do, it was a quick fix. He wasn't brought in to win the title and re-conquer Europe. We should judge Kenny accordingly. He has delivered exactly what was asked of him- and won our first cup for several years.

Moore’s ownership was characterised by inertia, G&H’s by incompetence. The coming year or so will define how FSG’s ownership is defined.

It shouldnt, we should never become a cup team thats happen to stroll in 6-7th in the league and pronounce ourselves happy. This club was built to win championships and European cups.

In fairness there's not a great deal of quality out there, anywhere. We've paid well over the odds for players who haven't done the business, no doubt, but I'd be interested to know which signings this year who have done well - who were within our grasp - we missed out on, or should have tried to buy.

The only players who've really impressed me have been Ashley Young and Aguero, and you don't have to be a talent scout to spot their ability - but neither would have come here.

The way things stand, I'd ship out Carroll, Downing and Adam - I think Henderson is worth persevering with for a couple more years in his correct central role, I also think Gerrard's time is up, not just physically, but he has the air of someone who's mentally checked out now - not something I thought I'd ever say.

I still think we can attract top signings if we go about our business properly, but we should be investing heavily in our scouting network, we need to find the best up and coming players to take us forward. In the days of city and chelsea, there's no alternative.

Dalglish was handed one of the biggest rebuilding jobs in history though, nothing should be taken away from that fact. Gerrard and Carragher approaching the scrap heap, Torres out the door, Mascherano and Xabi already gone, all he had to work with was a goalkeeper. The idea that he somehow took a side which was 'just outside' the top four and made it worse is ludicrous, it was relegation fodder - and not just because Hodgson was shit.

So your saying we should spend another two years suffering endlessly inept performances in the forlorn hope he might, at some point, actually come good??

Thats plain crazy.

SL on the money as always. Red Alertz acting like a demented fuckwit as always.

As far as the footy goes that was the most abject display ive seen since benitez's risible final season in charge. Heads must roll and Kenny is first on the choppingblock

SL on the money as always. Red Alertz acting like a demented fuckwit as always.

As far as the footy goes that was the most abject display ive seen since benitez's risible final season in charge. Heads must roll and Kenny is first on the choppingblock

After one year in charge. Fuck me, what have we become?

Fucking shit.

Not gonna give Kenny grief but I'll give his signings grief cos they deserve it.

Adam is a woeful midfielder. He lost the ball more than he found a team mate today.

Someone has to take responsibility for the signings and be big enough to get rid of them cos they aren't good enough.

Adam and Downing are shit, get rid as soon as we can. Carroll is average but i think we're stuck with him.

Only Enrique and Bellamy were good signings last summer. Henderson could join that list if he improves.

Gutted that after so much money we're no closer to CL football than last season.

This is what i dont understand, despite being gash, Henderson will be a good signing if he improves but Adam/Downing are fucked either way. I just dont see how Henderson gets so much leeway over Downing and Adam despite the fact they have been a triumvirate of utter shitness.

This is what i dont understand, despite being gash, Henderson will be a good signing if he improves but Adam/Downing are fucked either way. I just dont see how Henderson gets so much leeway over Downing and Adam despite the fact they have been a triumvirate of utter shitness.

I think Henderson has shown more than them and he's younger.

Downing is 27 or 28 and has always been average. He's been worse than average for us.

Some people have short memories. Since when was Kenny ever touted as a long term solution and the future for LFC? He was brought in to steady the ship after Hodgson, and to appease the fans after the G&H debacle. He was there, and FSG didn’t know what to do, it was a quick fix. He wasn't brought in to win the title and re-conquer Europe. We should judge Kenny accordingly. He has delivered exactly what was asked of him- and won our first cup for several years.

Moore’s ownership was characterised by inertia, G&H’s by incompetence. The coming year or so will define how FSG’s ownership is defined.

It's not so much short memories as a romantic belief we could conquer all together. That said you are correct in what you say.

Kenny will know when to step down.

I think Mr Benitez could return. Or maybe Pep to continue the good work of his old cohorts in the youth and reserves.

What a challenge for the man. Blank canvas and all that shite.

A man can dream

Look at our reps, you angry, pitiful spastic.

People like me. People think you're an angry, pitiful spastic

Brendan, I quite enjoy reading your diatribes, even when you're having a go at me. But that is actually embarrassing from a grown man. If indeed, that is what you are.

It's not so much short memories as a romantic belief we could conquer all together. That said you are correct in what you say.

Kenny will know when to step down.

I think Mr Benitez could return. Or maybe Pep to continue the good work of his old cohorts in the youth and reserves.

What a challenge for the man. Blank canvas and all that shite.

A man can dream

There's nothing wrong in dreaming corro.