You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lets hope fans in the street dont push him out the door like they are on the internet. People need to give his mental strength a bit more credit.

His reputation in this country is destroyed. He's been attacked by any twat with an opinion and the media have absolutely gone to town on him. Every journalist out there has been busy sharpening the knife, waiting for his next move - but he always had the support of the club and the manager, and i bet deep down this was enough for him to keep fighting. Now today this shit comes and i bet he feels like a complete loner, everyone including the people who supported him - have condemned his actions. Would you stick around for the abuse and the constant column inches dedicated to scrutinising every move you make? Why would you. Why would he. I hope im wrong but is it worth it for him? Im not so sure.

His reputation in this country is destroyed. He's been attacked by any twat with an opinion and the media have absolutely gone to town on him. Every journalist out there has been busy sharpening the knife, waiting for his next move - but he always had the support of the club and the manager, and i bet deep down this was enough for him to keep fighting. Now today this shit comes and i bet he feels like a complete loner, everyone including the people who supported him - have condemned his actions. Would you stick around for the abuse and the constant column inches dedicated to scrutinising every move you make? Why would you. Why would he. I hope im wrong but is it worth it for him? Im not so sure.

I think theres a lot of assumptions in there. I very much doubt he feels like a loner.

He'll always be the pantomine villain but this will die down. In 2 weeks we'll lift a cup and everyone will be smiling again. People are being tarts here.

PRESS: Do you know how much you will have to spend from the American owners in January?

RB: As always I am focused on training and coaching my team.

Have you had any assurances you’ll have what you want?

What about your long-term plan?

RB: My plan is training and coaching the team.

Is there anything upsetting you?

Do you have anything to say?

It’s clear something is up...

RB: You have my answer.

You’re very different from normal...

RB: You have my answer.

It’s clear that something is up, though. How can you focus on your training and coaching?

RB: I was preparing the training session before this Press conference. So I am always focused on training and coaching.

It’s not always possible, though...

RB: Yes, it is for me.

You said after the story linking you with Bayern Munich you were happy to stay here for a long time, is that still the case?

We’re not going to tease it out of you, are we? You’re not normally late for a Press conference. You were obviously preoccupied by something...

RB: Because as always I was focusing on the training session.

Is there anything you would like to say?

You always say you are focused on training and coaching, but you usually give answers to our enquiries, so how come it’s changed suddenly?

RB: Nothing. I’m just focused on training and coaching as always.

You did kind of suggest to the TV people that you were open to possibility of the England job. Is that something we should treat seriously?

RB: It’s your decision. You never know what will happen in the future.

Were you serious when you answered it?

RB: I was serious.

It would be dereliction of our duty not to point out that one day you say you are looking to stay here a long time, then the next day you are saying who knows about England for the future. Isn’t there a contradiction between the two?

RB: The future is the future. Now, as always I am focused on training and coaching my team, so I cannot say anything else. Just to keep preparing for the next game.

You’ve always said you wanted to stay here for years and years and talked about the future here?

RB: That is true.

So, what you’re saying suggests that perhaps the future here is in question?

RB: I am focused on training and coaching my team.

So who knows?

Are you being allowed to do that as you wish?

RB: I am focused on training and coaching my team.

Does everyone associated with the club share that opinion?

Those were the days ;)

If your boss asked you a question about a future part of your job, you told your boss you were going to do one thing, your employers support you and tell you to make sure you follow through with your plans & make all these noises about doing something and then you do completely the opposite to what you'd told your superiors you were going to do, what would you expect to happen?

If your boss asked you a question about a future part of your job, you told your boss you were going to do one thing, your employers support you and tell you to make sure you follow through with your plans & make all these noises about doing something and then you do completely the opposite to what you'd told your superiors you were going to do, what would you expect to happen?

I don't think anyone is debating the veracity of that, but I think it would have also been possible to condemn the shithouse antics of ferguson and his attacks on the club.

I don't think it matters anymore but I think Luis intended to shake his hand, Evra retracted his to wind him up but probably still intending to shake his hand. Luis rather than manning up and just making sure it happened decided then he wasn't going to let it happen.

I think Luis told Kenny he intended to shake Evra's hand but in the heat of moment lost his cool when Evra's attempts to wind him up.

At the end of the day, The blame still lies with Luis.

He should have made sure that handshake happened after he told Kenny he would. He just had to make sure it did.

But I just don't think he went in there deliberately intended to fuck Kenny over.

Guest ShoePiss

I'd have a really good reason for doing something different and they'd love it. Oh and it wouldn't be on the telly.

I know what you're saying, Suarez should have informed Kenny of his intentions. Simple as that.

If he told Kenny in the week he was going to shake his hand, he should have done it.

If he wasn't going to shake his hand, he should have said so and it could have been dealt with prior to the game.

Suarez has made Kenny look a twat throughout the week with his comments on it and Suarez going back on what he said he was going to do.

I'm not fussed he didn't shake his hand, but if he told Kenny he was going to do it, he should have done it.

End of.

Some fucking right drama queens on here.

100% spot on. I have no issue with Suarez not shaking Evra's hand. If I ha gone through what he had gone through I wouldn't either. But he has made Dalglish look stupid by saying one thing and doing another, and for that reason alone he is right to apologise.

Suarez will not be playing for us next season, he's leaving in the summer.

if luis suarez has the bare-faced bollocks to want away from this club after the way kenny has backed him in the last few months........i would have no problem skulldragging him out of anfield myself.

he's way bigger than that...IMO he wont be going anywhere

Just about sums it up really. He cant seem to grasp the fact that however aggrieved he might feel over the Evra fiasco he cant shit on his manager and the club .

I don't think anyone is debating the veracity of that, but I think it would have also been possible to condemn the shithouse antics of ferguson and his attacks on the club.

Our only concern is about what our players and officials do.

Suarez told Dalglish he was going to do something and he didn't do it.

Kenny has defended Suarez to the hilt and has backed him again all this week. Suarez has bought un-needed pressure on Kenny and the club & Kenny probably feels let down and rightly so.

Hopefully when the fog clears most of you will actually understand that this is the best course of action to try and move on from this debacle. I would suggest most of the fans are channelling their frustration with the team displays towards this incident. Luis, Kenny, media, Mancs, Evra all dont come out of this squeaky clean. You can only play the back to wall card for so long.

I am more concerned we lost without much of a fight than the shenanegans stealling the headlines.

Given everything that has happened in the past few weeks, what did we have to gain from attacking Ferguson in a statement from the club?

Everyone knows what Ferguson said was nonsense, we don't need a statement from the club to prove it.

I don't think its as simple as Luis showed up there intending to fuck Kenny over after telling him he'd shake Evra's hand. I think his tweet from yesterday alludes to as much.

But at the end of the day he simply had to make sure that handshake happened and he didn't. He didn't and that was just stupid.

Of course we know the cryptic tweet won't be covered in anymore detail nor will the club give our side of any of what has gone over the past few months,

Because Suarez has done something wrong here we shouldn't all forget the club and him have unfairly shit upon in great quantities over the past few months.

We start doing that well we may aswell just send a box of Roses over to slurgie with "You win" written on the card.

Disgraceful and pointless statement from the club. Luis shouldn't have mislead on the handshake (if that's true) but we gain absolutely nothing from going public with it. He feels more isolated, his detractors get more ammunition, it distracts from Evra's despicable behavior on the day and it embarasses and divides Luis' supporters.

This whole matter has been appallingly handled from start to finish by the club.

That Kenny apology has made me so angry I could punch a fucking wall in. To make a man who has done so much for this club express such a meek apology for what Shreeves contrived to create is just vomit-inducing. Whoever pressured him into doing that should hold his head in shame. And where's the statement denouncing Ginsoak's comments?

Our only concern is about what our players and officials do.

Suarez told Dalglish he was going to do something and he didn't do it.

Kenny has defended Suarez to the hilt and has backed him again all this week. Suarez has bought un-needed pressure on Kenny and the club & Kenny probably feels let down and rightly so.

That's far too Binary an outlook. Suarez may well have told Kenny that he would shake hands but when he saw Evra standing there with his sly smirk, and that Evra withdrew (at the very least positioned his hand at a place that could have been taken as a withdrawal) his hand in the line up that he just couldn't go through with it.

I think the weak PR statement has a lot to do with the Americans and I am very, very unhappy with them about this if they made the club put these weak statements out?