You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Clint fucking Dempsey. If we end up with him and him only, what a shit signing.

Exactly.

Hopefully we wont over spend on the cunt just like Downing.

Just like Downing, Clint will be fucking shit for us.

Will end up with another ageing no mark player, just like Downing.

Dempsey is this seasons Downing.

So FSG blank experienced managers and go for a guy with zero trophies and 1 yr in top flight football. They then give him only what he sells plus a transfer kitty which hasn't changed since Rafa's first season to redress the balance. Does a good job shipping the drift wood but leaves the team very weak. What do they do (so far)? Nothing. The fans will turn on Rodgers at Hodgson pace unless they help him out.

No they won't, only the Internet gobshites will. Most supporters will give Rodgers a chance to implement his ideas.

Seems like we genuinely didn't have a definite replacement for Carroll lined up and the way things are going we might not even get Dempsey. I just don't understand why we would sanction the Carroll loan if there was any danger of someone not coming in. It's not like West Ham would have said they were no longer interested if they'd been offered him near the end of today. Their squad is already overloaded with strikers and it seems like he was a bonus signing for their squad so it's not like they would have gone out and bought someone else instead. Whether you rate him or not he was at least one more attacking option and we seem to have very few of those.

Exactly.

Is it any coincidence you're named after a shit restaurant chain where shit is lapped up by people who know no better?

Exactly.

Although I dont think he'll be as shit as Downing (surely?), he will be rubbish.

He won't score more than 10 goals for us. Playing for Liverpool, facing 10 men behind the ball and playing in a football stadium is vastly different to playing for Fulham at a fucking cottage. (yes, I know he doesnt really play in a cottage).

I find the assertion that he is going to come here and lead line hilarious. Hes not a striker. He never has been.

Although I dont think he'll be as shit as Downing (surely?), he will be rubbish.

He won't score more than 10 goals for us. Playing for Liverpool, facing 10 men behind the ball and playing in a football stadium is vastly different to playing for Fulham at a fucking cottage. (yes, I know he doesnt really play in a cottage).

I find the assertion that he is going to come here and lead line hilarious. Hes not a striker. He never has been.

Nobody thinks he would. He'll be one of a front three with Borini and Suarez.

Not central.

So FSG blank experienced managers and go for a guy with zero trophies and 1 yr in top flight football. They then give him only what he sells plus a transfer kitty which hasn't changed since Rafa's first season to redress the balance. Does a good job shipping the drift wood but leaves the team very weak. What do they do (so far)? Nothing. The fans will turn on Rodgers at Hodgson pace unless they help him out.

It would be wrong to turn against Rodgers. It's not his fault they don't want to invest.

The only player likely to come today is a 29yr old Fulham striker, for whom Werner spoke about 6 months ago. It's kind of a joke

Seems like we genuinely didn't have a definite replacement for Carroll lined up and the way things are going we might not even get Dempsey. I just don't understand why we would sanction the Carroll loan if there was any danger of someone not coming in. It's not like West Ham would have said they were no longer interested if they'd been offered him near the end of today. Their squad is already overloaded with strikers and it seems like he was a bonus signing for their squad so it's not like they would have gone out and bought someone else instead. Whether you rate him or not he was at least one more attacking option and we seem to have very few of those.

They want to lower e wage bill more than they want to win.

When was he ever described as a striker?

He's an attacking midfielder or more accurately a forward. He's never been a striker, and as far as im aware - has never been labelled one. Except by you, just now.

So why the fuck are we buying him?

If we are buying him (and him only), the club are labelling him a striker. Not me, the club.

I think its a bit arrogant of Rodgers to so quickly conclude that Carrroll would have no place in his proposed revolution.

Carroll's strengths and weaknesses are no secret, and will have been known to Rodgers when he was at Swansea, and before.

Rodgers is also friendly with Clarke who will have given him an up close and personal asessment of the player.

Pretty much everyone knew what the deal was with Carroll, apart from Kenny, Comolli and Ayre.

I don't think its arrogance, I think it is reality and Rodgers is to be respected for it.

I am worried that we may not sign a forward replacement but suspect that the driver was from FSG to shed his £4m a year contract.

That i can see. But people have to be realistic.

They seem to just constantly want to lower the wage bill without thinking about hw weak t leaves the squad.

We're saving 28m a year on wages with the players we let go this summer. That doesn't include loan fees, just wages saved.