You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

Way better player both on and off the ball. What are you watching? Him on the left and Krasic on the right and we are a better team. Two Juve rejects fuck me

I can only judge on when I have seen him play, and all he did was run down the wing, put his head down and either turn back and pass it to the full back or cross it to nobody. The fact he couldn't get a game for Juventus I wold have serious doubts, as it's not as thought he is 19 or 20, he's 25.

Same with krasic, but I haven't seen him play. But I still don't want him. In fact I wouldn't want to do any business with them after fucking us about with boss eye. Plus they took 4.5m off us for Poulsen, that still hurts.

Top 20 saddos summer 2012:

1. Hank Moody 167

2. WaltonRed 135

3. fowler9 101

4. Unrighteous 76

5. Jairzinho 72

5. Funnneeeee 72

7. PaulMcC 63

8. MLB 61

9. Whelan 54

10. FrenchEyeGlass 53

11. lee909 52

12. silverlining 50

13. kalasoma 43

14. Evil_Ways 41

14. Glen C 41

16. Major Tom 40

16. ShoePiss 40

16. Phoenix 40

19. J-V 37

19. Babb'sBurstNad 37

Phew, just made the grade. And to think my old form tutor told me i'd never achieve anything. If he could see me now......

Ice pick: Sigurdsson has decided to follow Rodgers to Anfield

Swansea's Icelandic loan-star will join Liverpool for around £7m - but wants to explain himself to the Welsh club's new boss first

Gylfi Sigurdsson WILL join Liverpool, but not before he has offered Swansea the courtesy of meeting their new manager.

The Iceland international, who made such an impact on loan at the Liberty Stadium last season, has made clear his desire to go to Anfield following the appointment of Swansea manager Brendan Rodgers as the new boss.

The attacking midfielder had all but agreed a permanent £6.8million move from Hoffenheim to Swansea at the end of the season, but didn’t sign the deal as it became clear Rodgers was being courted by the Merseyside club.

Sigurdsson confirmed last week that he was having second thoughts about a move to Wales from the German club.

Now he is set to link up again with Rodgers, becoming his first Liverpool signing for a fee similar to the one that would have taken him to Swansea.

But he wants to show respect to to the Swans by meeting their new manager first, to explain his situation.

Swans chairman Huw Jenkins has been busy looking for Rodgers' replacement and is expected to unveil a new manager within the next week, with former Denmark star Michael Laudrup the overwhelming favourite.

Rodgers, meanwhile, has been busy drawing up a list of transfer targets since arriving at Anfield.

Midfielder Momo Diame, a free agent now his Wigan contract has expired, and Uruguay midfielder Gaston Ramirez of Bologna have both been the subject of inquiries.

Gylfi Sigurdsson will join Liverpool after a courtesy meeting with Swansea's new manager - Mirror Online

Hopefully the start...

Have to agree with Dirk hes crap is Kuba he looked ok a few seasons ago well he looked ace but players have got better and he hasnt Dowing is better just unlucky

You and Dirk know ya stuff! He was awful tonight and that goal he scored was just shit and lucky!

Say for arguments sake that Rodgers set us up 4-3-3 and we bought Ramirez, where would his best position be in that formation? On the ride side of the midfield 3?

Well he's a player that plays in the final third really as an attacking midfielder. With him being left footed maybe he could play on the right side of a front three cutting inside.

Don't think he's got enough about him defensively to play in one of the two central midfield roles ahead of the deep midfielder