You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer Transfer Thread 2012

llego

What about black players? I can't remember many black players making an impact at Liverpool and most of the ones we've signed have failed to live up to their reputation. We should avoid them too.

Its not that we've signed the wrong players, its just that black players are no good when put in Liverpool colours.

Wasn't there a black chap who used to play for us in the late 80's early 90's who did alright? Can't remember his name?

That's bollocks. And a bit racist.

Cabaye is better midfielder than all ours except Lucas and Gerrard.

Its not racist at all, nationalist maybe, but I dont think the french people are a different race to us, you buttery dick.

Cabaye is better than all our under 22 midfielders, I agree with that. Boo hoo, lets get on with it and stop twitching the curtains at our rivals. Rodgers hasnt made a signing yet, so lets not get carried away with how we look now and how we look in 8 weeks time.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
By the way, that Nick Powell lad looks brilliant for an 18 year old.

Question is, will he go on to be a Rooney or a Wickham?

Wickham has had injuries and has only started 5 games. Powell does look good though, I said earlier in the thread he's like the sort of player we should be after.

Racist how?

and its not bollocks, we've never had one good french player aside from anelka or a good player signed from france for that matter

Frogs? Didn't you say Spic was a racist word to describe Spanish people?

So because we haven't had any great French players, we shouldn't sign any ever again? Just sign good French players.

This happens every season. We see some promising, but consistently overhyped player signed by another team, and folks get genuinely irrate. Nobody knows how the Powells or even the Hulks of this world will do in the Premier League. They offer only promise but we don't know if they'll deliver. Some, but not all, live up to their hype. We can only hope that the players we sign will work out for us before we start writing them (and our season) off.

Frogs? Didn't you say Spic was a racist word to describe Spanish people?

So because we haven't had any great French players, we shouldn't sign any ever again? Just sign good French players.

Spic is but I didnt say spic did I?

Kraut? Is that racist?

We did in Le Tallec and Pongolle, had they gone to arsenal they'd be in that French squad now

The way you dont want any more English, I just dont think French Ligue 1 players do it for us.

Spic is but I didnt say spic did I?

Kraut? Is that racist?

We did in Le Tallec and Pongolle, had they gone to arsenal they'd be in that French squad now

The way you dont want any more English, I just dont think French Ligue 1 players do it for us.

I don't see much difference in calling somone a Spic and calling someone a frog, but I can't be bothered arguing about it. I doubt you're racist.

I'd take players from anywhere as long as they are good players and value for money.

Would you not have wanted Hazard to sign for us if he said he wanted to?

I don't see much difference in calling somone a Spic and calling someone a frog, but I can't be bothered arguing about it. I doubt you're racist.

I'd take players from anywhere as long as they are good players and value for money.

Would you not have wanted Hazard to sign for us if he said he wanted to?

Cheers, cos i'm not. Plus it was very tongue in cheek, probably as bait for a wind up but it never translated online.

Yeh, course I would of, but I never for one minute believe we could get him

Why have they stuck him on the Market for £8m?

Something doesn't add up, steer clear. If he was anything like as good as they make him out too be then there's no way he'd want to leave and no way they'd offer him around.

Only has 12 months left on his contract. They have no other choice. Also not likely to get a decent run of games, so you can understand why he doesn't want to sign a new contract. e.g. Bojan

Barcelona will sell one of three: Cuenca, Afellay or Tello. Liverpool are interested in every single one of them. [via MundoDeportivo]

Barcelona have decided to put Cristian Tello on transfer. He's now available for £8.1 million. Liverpool are very keen. [via Sport]