You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton away match thread

fowler9

It's heartbreaking. I love Kenny. I've been in the same room as Kenny. As an atheist, it's the nearest I'll ever get to being in the presence of God. But his team is hapless, hopeless and toothless and his tactics went out with the ark. We are heading towards rocks with the inevitability of an Italian cruise ship and I don't think he can turn it around.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was one of the optimists on here (or one of the deluded ones) who was saying a month or so back that we were edging back in to the title race.

I love Dalglish. I loved Rafa. As it stands now, I'd take Benitez back in an absolute heartbeat. There is so much wrong about the way we've played today. We are no longer feared by teams. Even at Anfield. I go to the game now like I did under the latter days of Houllier and I did under Hodgson....expecting us not to win. That today was a clueless as anything under Hodgson. The transfers have been shocking. As another poster pointed out, to suggest that Benitez would've pissed £100m or so up the wall like Kenny and Commoli have is totally deluded.

I can only see things getting worse. We'll drop plenty more points this season. If we lose on Wednesday and Saturday, the outlook of the fans may start to change. It's clear and apparent that we need to bring more players in. But would you trust Dalglish with more money when the players we need to replace are the exact same players he paid over the odds for only 12 months or so ago?

I hate to knee jerk, but things are bad. Really bad.

There needs to be a moratorium put on the purchase of British players at the very least - you either give him no money or tell him exactly the sort of player he's allowed to sign and veto anyone who doesn't meet those criteria. The club is finished for the foreseeable future if he wastes any more money.

Couldn't agree more.

Another thing is players like Adam. I remember dozens of people pointing out the huge flaws in his game last year which we're seeing coming home to roost now. We can't keep buying players because they look top class in about 1 in every 4 games. If they are shit for the other 3 whats the fucking point.

Listen what I'm saying is to give him the summer. See if we can make some changes for the better.

If not I think we all know what the outcome will be anyway.

He'll get until the summer, and then he'll be sacked because, we understand, the condition of him keeping his job is getting us into the top four. That's clearly not going to happen and we're looking straight down the barrel of another Europe-less season next year and therefore a less attractive destination for decent players.

Do you think Suarez wants to miss out on the Champions League again next year? He's currently the jewel in our tarnished crown and as much as I hate to say it, when he fucks off to Spain in the summer it'll be because of Kenny's other dreadful signings and tactics.

Guest Pistonbroke

Totally inept in defence and clueless up front, an all-round lazy performance with little direction on and off the pitch. Dreading this coming week if we can't pick things up! Love King Kenny to bits but i'm beginning to think he is out of his depth here. If we don't sort things out we will be fucked for another few seasons to come and i don't see our owners digging into their pockets each transfer window if they are witnessing the shite we have spunked money on......although i doubt they are the type to keep bankrolling us anyway. 6 years without a trophy and it can easily become a lot more. Certain players are going to want a move and those who don't just aren't good enough to build a team around!! TBH, i think if we scraped into the CL we wouldn't last long in it. Major major problems and its depressing as fuck!! Need to make the CC final just to get a bit of spirit going amongst the players and the fans.

Well, Kenny, you fucking bought Carroll ready salted Adam and downing, so you're as much to blame

I don't think I've seen a club waste so much money in such a short period of time, but while I did say that I wouldn't have bought any of the players we ended up with, I've been dismayed that they've been far worse than I feared they might be

I was one of the optimists on here (or one of the deluded ones) who was saying a month or so back that we were edging back in to the title race.

I love Dalglish. I loved Rafa. As it stands now, I'd take Benitez back in an absolute heartbeat. There is so much wrong about the way we've played today. We are no longer feared by teams. Even at Anfield. I go to the game now like I did under the latter days of Houllier and I did under Hodgson....expecting us not to win. That today was a clueless as anything under Hodgson. The transfers have been shocking. As another poster pointed out, to suggest that Benitez would've pissed £100m or so up the wall like Kenny and Commoli have is totally deluded.

I can only see things getting worse. We'll drop plenty more points this season. If we lose on Wednesday and Saturday, the outlook of the fans may start to change. It's clear and apparent that we need to bring more players in. But would you trust Dalglish with more money when the players we need to replace are the exact same players he paid over the odds for only 12 months or so ago?

Oh dear.

Just saying I think he deserves a chance to change things up.

I think people calling for him to go are taking the piss to be honest.

BUT... if come next season we're persisting with the same players facing the same problems then I think no matter what anyone thinks or wants he'll be sacked anyway.

So in other words fuck around dilly dally and end up righting off (again) next season aswell ? It never ends with us it really doesn't , If we end up where we are i think he'll be gone regardless of Cups and i dont think anyone could really complain , the transfer buisness we have done is a fucking tragedy it really is utterly tragic what weve done with all that money , i just cant see FSG giving Kenny/Commoli more in the summer unless we are in the CL which is fantasy land even though Chelsea/Arsenal have left the door wide open for us to walk through.

Kenny will always be a hero and a legend but we cant afford to be sentimental if we want to be a serious team again , i obviously hope Kenny

succeeds but i feel the money wasted is going to do for him they wont want to risk giving him more.

Feels like I'm slowly watching lfc becoming Aston villa, it kills me. This is a team with no desire for anything. Too many shitbag players with no fire in their belly.

Players make a team, buy players who are good with the ball at their feet where its second nature. No club our size has spent as fucking terribly as we have over the years.

Nail on the head , it truly is devastating to watch.

RAWK this way...>>>

@RebeccaLowe11 - Never seen Dalglish so angry. No defending of his players at all. Suggested they were distracted by 2 cup games coming up. #LFC

Dear oh dear, sounds like Some of our players? Might Just have had it in a Red shirt if That & the above tweet were anything to go by. Not before time either. If true? Don't think we can moan about Kenny's reaction time or lack of it on removing players - He's clearly contemplating changes & Big ones at that & Rightly so........

As to the season being bad overall? Maybe but then again do we end up with a trophy or 2 is it Still so bad then? Thought that was Why we existed? To win trophies. In fact? The longer this 'Black' January goes on (and we always have One 'black' month a season)? The more this season thus far is starting to remind me a little of Rafa's first season here both in the league And in the Cups. Brilliant one minute, mind-numbingly awful the next with a smattering of sheer bloody minded boring turgidity in the middle. Hmm, Where have I seen & heard all that before? Time to face facts people I think - This is going to take A Long time to complete - This rebuilding job at Anfield.

Never mind Getting rid of Kenny - This? Has all the hallmarks of being a Long building job to get us even Close to the level we were at back in May 2009 never mind Above that. What sense would it make to sack the builder now? At least Rafa' had a couple of Full years to make a Proper impact. Kenny deserves at least the same & Btw to the one referring to his Newcastle Tenure above? That was Only a failure as he wasn't given time to complete the job he started there by a trigger happy "now, now, now" board (rather like many of our fans now TBH). I think with time here? He'll show us once more just How good a manager he is & he is good, very good indeed. We'll all see that soon enough once more...................

Edited by Redshadow

Oh dear.

Oh, do fuck off.

You happy with that? You happy with Stoke? You happy with the City performance, result aside? You happy with us scoring less goals than numerous teams below us in the league? You happy with the shite football we've reverted to since the end of last season?

Are you happy with any of the signings apart from Enrique and Bellamy (and obviously Suarez)? The decisions to spend vast amounts of money on Carroll, Downing, Adam and, to a lesser extent, Henderson are more "oh dear" worthy than my comments.

Where are the match winners? Where are the goals coming from? Why is Gerrard being used as such a deep central midfielder when it's apparent he is NOT a world class player in that position, but is much better utilised and more of a threat further up the pitch?

I could go on. There are so many questions that can be asked of Kenny's current spell in charge.

But if you want to make silly "oh dear" comments and pretend everything is rosy and hide behind a facade of nostalgia, so be it. Personally, I reckon he won't be here next season if we don't get top 4.

I'm afraid that kenny's second coming at Anfield is unfortunately starting to resemble his tenure at Newcastle: a few bright points, lots of really shit signings, intransigence, negative tactics, turgid football, and ultimately failure

Not sure what I'm more shocked about. Today's performance or the fact I agree with you.