You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Bolton away match thread

fowler9

I have deliberately resisted posting any comments until I have calmed down. However, it hasn't worked - that was an absolute shite performance. Only two players could walk off that pitch with their heads held high - Reina and Bellamy. This wasn't about the quality of players - it was about attitude. I wouldn't sign one of the Bolton payers on a bloody free! So how the hell could they get the result they did? The attitude is down to KK and SC. They need to get the players in the right frame of mind before they walk out on the pitch. And they failed - just as they keep doing against so called weaker teams.

As for talk of transfers etc - I asked a question on here a few days ago to see if anyone has any idea how the process works at Anfield. If KK decides he needs a new striker what happens next? I am very wary of the role of Comolli in all this. He is FSG's man - he is there to tell the board whether or not KK is giving it to them straight. Does he also have the power to veto transfer targets? Is there a policy on transfers (must be young? English/Welsh? etc etc). Until we know this criticising KK alone for transfers may prove to be misguided.

I too want KK to succeed - but I do not think he is at the moment. I also suspect that he would walk away from the job if he didn't think he could turn it around.

Anyway, it's Saturday night. Bollocks to it all.

• Replies 662
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Rafa’s final season, with a club at war with itself, star players wanting out, the club up for sale and Rafa and Purslow at loggerheads and the transfer budget shut down:

22 games played, 37 points +14 goal difference.

This season with a united board and manager AND a DOF, and a big transfer budget:

22 games played, 35 points +4 goal difference.

We are going backwards................

In Rafa’s final season, with a club at war with itself, star players wanting out, the club up for sale and Rafa and Purslow at loggerheads and the transfer budget shut down:

22 games played, 37 points +14 goal difference.

This season with a united board and manager AND a DOF, and a big transfer budget:

22 games played, 35 points +4 goal difference.

We are going backwards................

Christ. I thought we were far shitter in Rafa's last season. Maybe it was just having been used to so many good years beforehand clouded my judgment.

There's more chance of Rush returning and playing in goal for us and Neville Southall overdosing on the Ryvitas than Benitez coming back. And that's a good thing.

Don't be stupid. The owners have proved once already that they valued sentimentalism over pragmatism why not again? Indeed, appointing Benitez again would be less mental than the decision to appoint Kenny.

Manc' WUM's & Idiots supporting other clubs yet determined to cause trouble for us for some unknown reason (jealousy maybe? None of them ever shut up about us after all for God Knows what reason). Anyway Smicer07? That is I think you'll find Where most of these tossers come from..........

Sorry, but all this shit about Benitez being a better manager is just that, shit.

We were shit today without a doubt but would Benitez have been any better at half time? I don' think so.

No idea what is going on with the team now. Bellamy was the only player that looked interested (in fact I think I'm in love with him ;) ). Despite the fact that it was a Carroll flick on that gave Bellamy the goal chance he played like a fucking donkey. Watching him being muscled him off the ball most of game was simply depressing.

Adam is becoming a liability. I thought he was starting to look like a Liverpool player but I was wrong. What happened to Enrique? Our most reliable defender looked like a fucking novice against a very average team.

Bolton shut us down at every opportunity and we seemed to have no answer to it.

Just so fucking depressed and embarrassed. I hope the fucking team feel the same way and come out against City with something to prove.

Guest Pistonbroke
Sorry, but all this shit about Benitez being a better manager is just that, shit.

We were shit today without a doubt but would Benitez have been any better at half time? I don' think so.

No idea what is going on with the team now. Bellamy was the only player that looked interested (in fact I think I'm in love with him ;) ). Despite the fact that it was a Carroll flick on that gave Bellamy the goal chance he played like a fucking donkey. Watching him being muscled him off the ball most of game was simply depressing.

Adam is becoming a liability. I thought he was starting to look like a Liverpool player but I was wrong. What happened to Enrique? Our most reliable defender looked like a fucking novice against a very average team.

Bolton shut us down at every opportunity and we seemed to have no answer to it.

Just so fucking depressed and embarrassed. I hope the fucking team feel the same way and come out against City with something to prove.

In a weird way that dismal performance may just work to our advantage as far as the second leg against city goes. Plus City will have a hard game tomorrow...hopefully.

LFC don't take football as seriously as me.

I'd be terminating contracts tonight, or offering to other clubs for pittance. Attitudes like that around a club is a killer, we may have some rotten eggs in the squad, a performance like that should never, ever, be accepted.

I'd cut that fucking ponytail off Carrolls head, he wouldn't have a fucking say in it, man up you fucking quim, man up and fuck off back to your caravan.

I have a feeling the King may be thinking Adam was one of those taking the piss tonight.

No tracking at all, no effort to defend. Attempting Hollywood passes when there was far better options, also the time he could have rolled Maxi in but decided to blast the ball off a Bolton defender. Hes done that shitloads of times this season.

I mentioned it in the match thread too I thought he was taking the piss at one point, he just kept going in late on Bolton's players. He did it about 5 or 6 times easily where the ball was long gone but he just charged into and/or kicked into the back of a player whilst looking right at them giving away a stupid free.

It seemed to me he was doing it almost on badness. Once or twice fair enough. But to keep doing it was just taking the piss.

just got in from taking stick off my mancish mates...

pepe, stevie, bellers... fine .the rest ??? dog poo...

enrique...may as well stick his rt foot up his arse... johnson.. needs to defend more than try to attack...same for skytel... agger.. better attacker than "ronnie"(thats 1 for the old folk!!)... henderson, adam, maxi... need i say???

watched the youth team this morning, they would have put on a better display than most of the 1st team did tonight... an utter disgrace to the red shirt...

Just an all round disastrous & shite evening capped by that complete & utter Disgrace of a performance if you ask me. It reminded me somewhat of that complete Joke of a performance we put in 7 or so years ago in Rafa's first season with us (2004/2005?) in January 2005 I believe when we were trying to catch the Blueshite after they'd lost to Charlton at Home. We? Followed that up with an unbelievably dire & truly awful performance against Southampton (who were relegated that season) which was every bit as bad as that completely terrible, truly pathetic & absolutely unacceptable so-called 'effort' earlier. Coincidentally with tonight? Both performances were away & in both? We Totally collapsed in the First Half most particularly at Southampton where David Prutton (?) Scored in about the same amount of time that the Red Sea parted to let in Mark Davies tonight with nothing so much as a tackle occuring.

Further to this & Also Similarly to tonight? We soon caved in again & gave up another to Crouch in '05 as with tonight & Reo-Coker's effort being allowed through by the Comedy Act that was our defence providing yet Another uncanny echo of that awful day on the South Coast. Today also reminded me of that Southampton game because? Like in 2005 there was a game virtually 'given up' around that game - In 2005 IIRR? We 'gave up' the FA Cup Burnley game for That Southampton game & Still lost - Today if it Was 'sacrificed'? Was done so for Wednesday night in which case? I hope to God history does Not repeat itself once more...........

I think Kenny is right to blast the team & tear them a new one in public - For once? I doubt we can blame Downing for this 'performance' tonight - He was OK if not bad when he came on but Adam? Truly woeful, Rodriguez who is normally competent? Utterly pathetic, Henderson? Don't make me laugh - though he was out of position & as much use as a Desert Snowball where he was played - He Might have done OK in the centre - We'll never know now. Special mention btw should also go to Enrique, Johnson, Reina, Skrtel & Agger - All of whom were utterly dire tonight And the worst players by Far on a bad, bad night for the team - That first goal? I mean WTF Was That? No-one even Tried to scythe him down or cripple him - Which judging by how precious ref's are right now? They'd have had a 50/50 chance of getting away with at least. And as to what came soon after that disaster? Words just fail me they really do. Dear oh dear, Well, One things for sure? At least we've reached The Very bottom of the barrel with that 'effort' tonight; It Can't get any worse than that & with Kenny there & In this mood? I doubt it will do. Onwards & Upwards.................

NB Is it me or is anyone else getting Really annoyed with how teams (and I don't just mean the shite sides - the big/fairly big ones do this as well just not as often. Look at Man U, Newcastle, Stoke & Everton every year for examples) Try non-stop, run all day & work themselves into the floor against us & then? Chuck one in easily & capitulate pathetically the next week in matches you'd expect them to Walk based on the performances they gave against us the week before? Don't know if anyone else has spotted that but it's seemed Particularly prevalent this season - Most of all against the shite so-called 'lower' sides & the fact the Referee's Union has something against us preventing us getting anything even from virtual assault inside the box? Just backs up such tactics. Don't know if it's all deliberate & linked or not but it seems that way to me.........

Edited by Redshadow

One eye on the cup game, eye off the ball today.

After watching it again, I really do think it's that simple.

Either that or our coaching and management staff are completely fucking gash.

Clearly, there is something wrong somewhere. Either the message isn't getting through to the players or they don't understand it. Either way, that's down to the coaching.

I`m expecting a big fucking reaction against Citeh on Wednesday night. I think we will get it and then we`ll beat the scum next saturday and we`ll be celebrating next Sat. night. Today was a very bad day at the office. But we`ll bounce back. King Kenny will kick arse like never before.

I think people talking about sacking Kenny is knee jerk of the worst kind.

I think people criticizing how shit some of our new signings have been is far from knee jerk going on some of the individual performances this year.

Problem on here though is we have people who think because some of them have been shit means we have to sack Kenny, others think merely critcizing them means you want to sack Kenny. Which means the whole topic of conversation turns to shit.

Thats just my two cents.