You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Liverpool vs United FA Cup

LFCGeorge

• Replies 631
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is shit. I didn't mind Carra in midfield at first, but this is clearly not working, and I just don't get why we aren't pressing them out there. Pointless standing off and allowing them to get in our final third before starting to close them down, as that's where they are the most dangerous. Carra and Henderson are two fucking passengers atm, even making it like we are missing Adam.

Playing like an away team in europe here.

Giving them too much respect.

It's been proved that their weakness this year has been in defence and we're just not getting at them enough. Look how Newcastle did it. Smalling and Evans must be loving playing against Carroll.

As average as they are, if you give them so much time and space they will hurt us.

Big change in attitude/formation required here.

COME ON GUYS!!!

Need to stop trying to be a tactician and play to our strengths. I didn't really expect this lineup and I absolutely hate it. That united team is poor but we have set up like a championship side facing barcalona it's embarrassing. The players need to be more composed too they are all being sloppy.

Yep.

We're just getting it totally wrong here. Have to change things at half time or we're in trouble.

Need to stop trying to be a tactician and play to our strengths. I didn't really expect this lineup and I absolutely hate it. That united team is poor but we have set up like a championship side facing barcalona it's embarrassing. The players need to be more composed too they are all being sloppy.

Kenny isn't exactly a master tactician, and this isn't working

United's midfield is the oldest and slowest and least dynamic in history, and still Readysalted can't impose himself

Get the spineless twat off and bring Adam on

No bias here on the BBC website...

Liverpool 1-1 Manchester United

Phil McNulty's HT snapshot: "Ji-Sung Park's equaliser was the least Manchester United deserved. Paul Scholes has barely wasted a pass in a masterly first half performance."

Masterly? WTF!

Seen that.. Bunch of cunts... To be fair we have been destroyed in midfield by a bunch of old timers its embarrassing, still bunch of cunts!!

Agree with Dante. Way, way too deep. Carroll has actually worked hard today but he has no support. Gerrard and Hendo continually picking ball up 30 yards from our goal. Carragher is dropping too deep and dragging them on to us.

They have played well but we have allowed them to. need to press high up pitch as they have to us.

We are handing them this fucking game on a plate. We score, then we offer absolutely fuck all going forward, and we dont even bother closing them down quickly when they have the ball. they have totally dominated midfield.

We need to keep hold of the ball, and not give them a second to dwell on it.

We are playing the same shit we play every time carroll starts, it is fucking useless lumping it up the pitch all the fucking time. We are going to lose this unless we change our game plan.

I am Downing's biggest critic on this site but I don't think he has been as bad as usual. Has done his usual pass-the-buck routine a few times but has also done some good things.

Carroll has been effective, but he is useless if we play as deep as we are. We are playing as we played under Houllier, but we don't have an Owen up front. If we push on, I think he will be useful in the second half, winning most of the headers he has gone up for.

Henderson has been meh. Nothing terrible nothing great. He is way too deep, but so is Gerrard. One of them needs to push up.

Maxi is the wrong player for this game.

Bellamy on for Maxi at half time. Please Kenny, do it. Johnson on for Carra?