You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

There is a difference from killing a animal for substance than playing a game with it were it dies either way at the end.

I am not getting into a debate about eating meat mind as I can't be arsed and agree you don't need to eat it but it's personal choice.

They had their last Bull fight in Barcelona recently, it's dying as a tradition. It'll still be popular in small Villages in Mexico and other places like that.

It not, I was in Seville in August and its still a huge sport & tradition. In Barcelona they were never that keen on bullfighting in the first place so im not suprised its gone, but in Seville its still going strong

This isn't aimed at anyone on this thread, but in my experience people who are overly concerned about these kinds of things, and the way animals are treated in general, are usually a bit nuts. The first half of the sentence 'I love animals' is usually followed by something along the lines of 'because at least they don't hurt you/betray your trust like people do.'

I love dogs me, and I'd never deliberately hurt an animal, I'd also want to see anyone who did so punished, but my concern for their welfare is way, way, way down on my list of priorities. Freerange chickens for example, who gives a fuck? They're basically a collection of nerves with feet. Let's get all those dissidents out of North Korean prisons before we start losing sleep over cows with horns getting skewered.

• Upvote 2

This isn't aimed at anyone on this thread, but in my experience people who are overly concerned about these kinds of things, and the way animals are treated in general, are usually a bit nuts. The first half of the sentence 'I love animals' is usually followed by something along the lines of 'because at least they don't hurt you/betray your trust like people do.'

I love dogs me, and I'd never deliberately hurt an animal, I'd also want to see anyone who did so punished, but my concern for their welfare is way, way, way down on my list of priorities. Freerange chickens for example, who gives a fuck? They're basically a collection of nerves with feet. Let's get all those dissidents out of North Korean prisons before we start losing sleep over cows with horns getting skewered.

You're off the reservation here Section. It's not about caring more about bulls than people it's about not giving a fuck if some sick cunt that wants to torture a bull get his faced gored off, and laughing at him for getting some karmic balance hitting him like a truck. I love eating meat but there's a big difference between that and torturing animals for our entertainment.

I hope the gobshite died of his injuries. Painfully. Yeah, I said that.

That's no fucking sport.

I was in Seville earlier this year and found myself in the bullring against my better feelings (a few of the lads I was with wanted to go). They have a museum there, and in this museum is the mounted head of a cow that was the mother of a bull that killed a famous matador. Some 'brave' bullfighter killed said cow in revenge for the death of the matador. What a fucked-up notion, the poor thing was probably chewing the cud when the ridiculously dressed arse stuck a barb in it.

There's no 'honour' in that.