You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's all be honest. That was a ref assisted victory. Very uninspiring. We STILL don't play in a way that will get us anywhere near winning the league title. If you combine that with the fact there's two clubs who can spend whatever they like and an old cunt who wont retire, then trying to qualify for the Champions League is all we have to play for in league terms for the next few years.

Repped in spirit.

The problem for me today is the same as the last matches. We play pass and move football but with no movement.

Most days I`ll take a scruffy win as a good result but this seasons matches thus far have not been an impressive sight to behold. The fact that the team doesn`t seem to be improving from match to match is making me worry by now.

Sunderland first 45 minutes were class, should have scored two more really. Second half quite bad.

Arsenal, all round a good display.

Bolton, great display but should have mauled them in terms of goals.

Stoke, really good display, restriced Stoke to ZERO chances apart from that penalty, we really should have scored two or three. Unlucky not to win.

Tottenham, fuckin awful all round.

Wolves - Very good first 45 where we should have scored more, quite bad second half.

Everton - It's a derby where i'll take any performance that see us get 3 points.

So that's 4 halves out of 14 where we have played badly. 6 points out of 12 away to teams like Spurs, Arsenal, Stoke and Everton. We could for sure have done better in terms of points, Sunderland and Stoke especially. But it's not half bad for basically a brand new team. If we continue to have a ratio of 10 good halves and 4 bad we should be quite happy i think.

Let's all be honest. That was a ref assisted victory. Very uninspiring. We STILL don't play in a way that will get us anywhere near winning the league title. If you combine that with the fact there's two clubs who can spend whatever they like and an old cunt who wont retire, then trying to qualify for the Champions League is all we have to play for in league terms for the next few years.

Did you expect us to challange for the title this season, or play on par with the likes of City, Utd and Chelsea with their squads ?

This season is all about getting back into the CL and do as well as we can in the cups.

Sunderland first 45 minutes were class, should have scored two more really. Second half quite bad.

Stoke, really good display, restriced Stoke to ZERO chances apart from that penalty, we really should have scored two or three. Unlucky not to win.

Wolves - Very good first 45 where we should have scored more, quite bad second half.

Everton - It's a derby where i'll take any performance that see us get 3 points.

So that's 4 halves out of 14 where we have played badly. 6 points out of 12 away to teams like Spurs, Arsenal, Stoke and Everton. We could for sure have done better in terms of points, Sunderland and Stoke especially. But it's not half bad for basically a brand new team. If we continue to have a ratio of 10 good halves and 4 bad we should be quite happy i think.

Jesus Christ I wish I was on the drugs you're taking.

Pretty much how I see it.

Did you expect us to challange for the title this season, or play on par with the likes of City, Utd and Chelsea with their squads ?

This season is all about getting back into the CL and do as well as we can in the cups.

No I definately did not expect us to challenge for the title, and we wont for a long time, in part becuase of the strength of other teams, and in part because of our own failings.

The derby is a game where all normal rules go out the window, it's about the result and nothing less.

Though, that being said. I felt we really didn't stamp our authority on the game as we perhaps should have. There where moments where you couldn't really tell who was the team with 10 men. I thought Enrique was MOTM he was sensational. I was screaming for Carroll to be took off, but glad he stayed on and took his goal well. Hopefully with Gerrard and Bellamy, Suarez and Carroll we'll have a dynamic attack which will help Carroll immensely.

Fucking chuffed.

Ref assisted how, exactly? Rodwell may have been wrongly sent off, but at least one, if not two other Everton players should have walked. We're not going to challenge for the title with this team. It's about getting fourth, and being able to kick on and attract better players at that point.

Jesus Christ I wish I was on the drugs you're taking.

So what was wrong about it ?

That's the way it's went down so far.

We have been far from perfect, but not nearly as bad as some make out.

Only 4 out of 14 halves that have been proper bad, in the rest we've clearly been the better team, if you dont see that then you have either not seen our games or you're just a fucking moron.

Why the fuck do people keep comparing us to title winning sides?

This team is good enough to get 4th (and we'll get it in my opinion).

A bit of persepective is needed. This week last year we were looking at the possibility of going into Administration. Just enjoy the win.

A bit harsh, but I can also see why he gave him a red because of the way he followed through with his trailing leg. He could potentially have broken Suarez' leg or injured him if Luis hadn't jumped. Those kind of reckless tackles aren't tolerated anymore by some refs and Luis was in pain for a while after and it looked like he was during the post match interview as well.

Everton-Jack-Rodwell.jpg

Ref assisted how, exactly? Rodwell may have been wrongly sent off

Well you answered your own question there.

The point I'm making is that if you're battling against clubs that are financial giants or have an old cunt managing them who knows how to create a playing style that allows them to win nearly all their games against the lesser sides then you need to look at what YOU do. Are we doing the best we can in terms of playing style, training, tactics, signings? The answer to that is a categorical NO.

So what was wrong about it ?

That's the way it's went down so far.

We have been far from perfect, but not nearly as bad as some make out.

Only 4 out of 14 halves that have been proper bad, in the rest we've clearly been the better team, if you dont see that then you have either not seen our games or you're just a fucking moron.

It's ridiculously warped and biased that's what's wrong.

Why the fuck do people keep comparing us to title winning sides?

This team is good enough to get 4th (and we'll get it in my opinion).

A bit of persepective is needed. This week last year we were looking at the possibility of going into Administration. Just enjoy the win.

I imagine people are comparing us to title winning sides because that's what we aspire to be like one day. In my case, I haven't said we should be winning the league, but what I am saying is that we are not being as good as we can be. If you're at a disadvantage, you need to be at your best and hope others slip slightly, but we are NOT at our best and that needs addressing.

It's ridiculously warped and biased that's what's wrong.

Biased and warped...?

It's exactly what's gone down so far, and if you've seen the games then you'd know it.

Keep having your eyes shut and only remember the bad spells if you want, but i dont think it's doing you any favours.

If you combine that with the fact there's two clubs who can spend whatever they like and an old cunt who wont retire, then trying to qualify for the Champions League is all we have to play for in league terms for the next few years.

Maybe not if we get 3rd/4th and can then sign some more top players more easily. We won't have as many 'big' signings as a couple of other clubs but our team spirit and style might enable us to edge them next season with more quality. This season seems to be about getting that CL place now and making a proper foundation, but I can see why you're frustrated at the way we play. For huge parts of that game I thought we played badly.

But we beat Everton at their ground, the other stuff can be thought about another day for me, am just happy with the derby win for the time being and probably will be for the next 2 weeks until we play again.

A bit harsh, but I can also see why he gave him a red because of the way he followed through with his trailing leg. He could potentially have broken Suarez' leg or injured him if Luis hadn't jumped. Those kind of reckless tackles aren't tolerated anymore by some refs and Luis was in pain for a while after and it looked like he was during the post match interview as well.

Everton-Jack-Rodwell.jpg

You can? You must be about the only person on the planet who can then. That red will be rescinded, guaranteed.