You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Spares needed for Brighton away.

RJ Fan club

As some of you know I've been in Brighton for years and would be very grateful if anyone has any spares for the away end for the up coming league tie.

I'm after three ideally, all for exiled reds based down here. One of those will be Dirk off the forum.

Drop me a PM if you have anything. Obviously I'm based down here so could arrange meeting in Brighton before the game.

Cheers Ste.

Before you get your hopes up - I haven't got any spares going. But as a local, or exile at least, can you recommend anywhere to go before the game?

Depends how long you've got and how you're travelling/arriving mate.

Shit loads of good boozers here. But the new ground is on the edge of town with limited transport. Means you're safer to head the ground about an hour prior to kick off and have a pint in the stadium.

If you have more time, there are some quality pubs near Brighton Station. Evening Star, Battle of Trafalgar, Lord Nelson, Albert, The Eagle, Basketmakers. Loads more too.

I might post a bit of blurb a few days before the game and directions etc,.

Ps still after some if anyone has any

Depends how long you've got and how you're travelling/arriving mate.

Shit loads of good boozers here. But the new ground is on the edge of town with limited transport. Means you're safer to head the ground about an hour prior to kick off and have a pint in the stadium.

If you have more time, there are some quality pubs near Brighton Station. Evening Star, Battle of Trafalgar, Lord Nelson, Albert, The Eagle, Basketmakers. Loads more too.

I might post a bit of blurb a few days before the game and directions etc,.

Ps still after some if anyone has any

Ta RJ - the blurb would be good - not sure what time I'll get there yet, but it'll be by train from London. If my mate pulls out for any reason (he's trying to wangle a reason for being in London overnight) I'll give you a shout, but I'll definately be using my ticket.

Ta RJ - the blurb would be good - not sure what time I'll get there yet, but it'll be by train from London. If my mate pulls out for any reason (he's trying to wangle a reason for being in London overnight) I'll give you a shout, but I'll definately be using my ticket.

Nice one mate, I'll not hold my breath, but I'm hopeful a few might come up in the next week or so. Anyone? Anyone?

I'll post some blurb at the weekend when I've got a bit of time to put something together.

Goes down to 2 games on your Season Ticket/Fancard today.

Good luck RJ, hope you manage to sort something.

Long story (nothing dodgy) but I've been sourcing my tickets off others for years and can't for this game, and chances are I won't be able to get any unless it goes general sale.

So hence looking for some here.

Spent four hours trying to get through, fucking TO. May have a single, best I can do unfortunately.

Nice one mate. I'd be all over it.

You down for the game? If so and its spare let me know and I'll meet up to sort it and grab you a few bevvies too.

If you're not, but still have a spare, drop me a pm on how you'd like to exchange etc.

*fingers crossed*

Extremely grateful for your effort. Thanks.

I might have a spare but it'll need to be picked up around Liverpool.

I would totally understand why you'd prefare to do a straight handover, and why you didn’t want to do a transfer by post, etc.

But I would defo have it. If you know someone who is coming down to Brighton for the match who can act as a go-between, then I can promise I’d take it off you.

Anyway let me know if you’d do that, if not Ill just keep looking

Thanks

As some of you know I've been in Brighton for years and would be very grateful if anyone has any spares for the away end for the up coming league tie.

I'm after three ideally, all for exiled reds based down here. One of those will be Dirk off the forum.

Drop me a PM if you have anything. Obviously I'm based down here so could arrange meeting in Brighton before the game.

Cheers Ste.

Yeah I know, gorgeous.

Ta RJ - the blurb would be good - not sure what time I'll get there yet, but it'll be by train from London. If my mate pulls out for any reason (he's trying to wangle a reason for being in London overnight) I'll give you a shout, but I'll definitely be using my ticket.

Righto oh, some blurb then.

Transport

The ground is located on the edge of town near the University turning on the A27. Whilst it might be close to a road, it will be impossible to park unless you have parking through the club, which I assume people on here and away fans won't.

If people are driving my suggestion would either to be to park up somewhere in town, use a council car park or find a long term pay and display in the town centre somewhere, as they are a damn sight cheaper than the NCP's.

Alternative is a park and ride, but I assume that will take people straight to and from the stadium, but its an option for those doing that.

Rail

The easiest way to get to the ground will be by train. The ground is located at Falmer railway station. Brighton to Falmer is about a 5 or 10 minute train journey. But the rub is that there is limited train services and if you leave it too late you might miss Kick Off.

My advice would be to travel about an hour prior to Kick off, then have a pint in the ground. Also for those arriving earlier in the day and having a few pints/sightseeing/whatever I would buy your ticket earlier in the day to save queuing when everyone is trying to travel. You could save yourself a good ten minutes as the machines are always busy in the station, I've missed a few trains down the years to it.

Bus

You can get buses to the ground, but its less straight forward than the train.

http://www.buses.co.uk/uploadedFiles/network-maps/areawide.pdf

The 25 (University Bus) is by far and away the best bus to get, and you'd need to pick that up from by the Pavilion. But as I say, the train is much quicker and straight forward option.

Pubs

Brighton has hundreds of good pubs, many centrally located. I would avoid the two or three opposite the station entrance (Grand Central, Railway Belle & Queens Head). Its tempting as a quick refresher, but you can do much better with a very short walk.

The Evening Star is a belter located on Surrey Street located on a street pretty much opposite the main entrance, but hidden from view initially upon leaving the station. Probably about 10 Cask Ales, Tens and Ten of bottle beers from Europe, No Commercial shite beers. Will be popular though and Chocker.

The Battle of Trafalgar, on you left on leaving the station up a steep little road (Guilford Road). Good beer garden, few cask ales, few lagers etc

Sussex Yeoman - Opposite the Battle of Traf, alright nowt special but near the station.

The Eddy, just along from the Yeoman, good for watching a game and sunday roast, bit small for a match day, but a few ales and half decent pub grub.

The Albert - Trafalgar Street, kind of located under the station by going down a steep road underneath the front, you'll see what I mean. Improved from the days as a goth pub. Has a painting of George best on the outside and a Bansky. Reason enough to swerve it, but actually its not a bad pub close to the station

Lord Nelson - Few hundred metres down from the Albert on Trafalgar Street. Good local brewery pub. Will do about 5 local ales and the usual beers. Probably quite popular with home support, but shouldn't be any trouble.

There are hundreds of pubs as I say, I won't go into all of them. Look on Beer in the evening, others I would suggest:

Basketmakers Arms

The Eagle

Foundry

Heart in Hand

Mash tun

Mrs Fitzherbets

Earth and Stars

Spotted Dog (Formerly the Hop Poles till last week)

The Victory

The Black Lion

Fiddlers Elbow

Bath Arms

Great Eastern

The George

The Ground.

Won't say much. I went a few weeks back, comfy, good pies, good ales in the ground. Brighton are supposed to be doing local ales to the away club in the away end. I've only been in the homes end for the Blackpool game so have yet to see this. I presume they will have a Cains or something on. I have no idea.

Travel back

This may actually be a fucker. If the game goes to extra time there is a good chance of reduced service on the trains, whilst mates have told me the buses back were pretty chaotic.

Try not to be too ambitious with getting back time/connecting services.

Any other questions, leave them here and I'll try and get back to you.

I now have a ticket sorted for me, but would like to pick up a couple more for Reds down here, so any further spares give me a shout.

Edited by RJ Fan club

Thanks for the blurb RJ. Unfortunately for you my mate has wangled a meeting in London on Thursday so he'll be using his ticket afterall. I'll keep my fingers crossed for you though. As someone that's been exiled in the Midlands for 20 years, I know how nice it is to go to an 'away game' on your doorstep for a change.