You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Jordan Henderson - what are you?

silverlining

Guest SpiderLucas
Right, but you want an all-english midfield anyway?

You're a confused man.

I want an all-English midfield because I think that those 3 midfielders would be our best combination; the fact that they're all English is just a side point.

I hope you don’t think I’d prefer Spearing, Hendo and Gerrard over Mascherano, Alonso and Gerrard.

I just want to see our best midfield play, it just so happens it'd be all English.

So do you still think Jordan Horrenderson is shit?

On the right or as an advanced attacking midfielder, yeah, not great.

I always said he should play centrally, with Gerrard and Adam.

He's never going to be great, but his energy needs to be used in the right area of the pitch.

I still worry about his mentality, though. He doesn't seem a dominant, we msut win at all costs type.

Bit meek. Sadly reminds me of Lucas in that respect: works hard, super-professional, no edge or nasty winning streak whatsoever.

I have high hopes for this lad, but patience is needed. You cant expect worldys off him instantly. He gave a conference mid week talking about how he hopes to improve on his weaknesses. One being trying a more riskier pass, he said since he joined he has always opted for the safe pass. Understandably so, and fair play to his honesty. In my opinion joining a club like Liverpool is a huge step so keeping things simple at the start of your new career is a wise decision, this will let him bed in easier with keeping a large number of critics off his back. The thing that strikes me most about him is his mentality. His willingness to improve and develop will only stand himself and the club in good stead. He understands what is needed of him, he defo has his head screwed on and seems a great professional. His ability on the ball in my opinion is good, he seems comfortable, neat and tidy when in possession. I think everyone agrees about the shift he puts in, but i do think he has the ability to match this. Just have patience with him. I dont see the big rush to start demanding instant match winning performances. Just let him develop in time, its always going to help when the team is playing well, creating lots of chances and winning games. No need for the panic button boys..

He's never going to be great, but his energy needs to be used in the right area of the pitch.

I still worry about his mentality, though. He doesn't seem a dominant, we msut win at all costs type.

Bit meek. Sadly reminds me of Lucas in that respect: works hard, super-professional, no edge or nasty winning streak whatsoever.

He has obvious ability though, far more than lucas but doesnt have the confidence to use it all the time. Just look at the skills challenge on lfc.tv, wiped the floor with Martin Škrtel.

You can see him growing with confidence. I think we should keep him central, it's his best position. He's ok on the right but he can have more of a say from the middle. That cross he made for the Suarez header the other night was great and he had a good game today. He is quietly developing into an important player for us and even more so because of Gerrard getting older now.

The most encouraging thing from last night was hat he didn't always just play the simple, obvious pass.. So yea, he has more confidence now obviously.. but keeping him central requires dropping a central midfielder (either Gerrard, assuming when he's back Adam will be relegated to the bench or Lucas) and starting a right midfielder (errr.. do we even have one?)

The most encouraging thing from last night was hat he didn't always just play the simple, obvious pass.. So yea, he has more confidence now obviously.. but keeping him central requires dropping a central midfielder (either Gerrard, assuming when he's back Adam will be relegated to the bench or Lucas) and starting a right midfielder (errr.. do we even have one?)

Yeah he looked better with his passing. We need to look at Gerrard's long term replacement, we can't rely on him because he's getting older and injuries are more and more of a concern. The more gametime Henderson gets central the better for us to work out if he is capable there.

I like him a lot and see him scoring and creating plenty in the near future.

Dont like him wide but i wonder if Kenny sees him as our modern day Ray Houghton.

More out modern day ronnie whelan to me. Reminds me a great deal of whelan and is getting valuable playing time out wide rather than having his development stunted as he's not quite ready to play centrally.

He'll move there in a season or two, he just needs to improve his presence and confidence a little and start reading the game as well when he doesn't have the ball as when he does - I don't mean that as just the defensive side of the game, but his reading of where he needs to be in relationship to his team mates when we're in possession but he doesn't have the ball.

More out modern day ronnie whelan to me. Reminds me a great deal of whelan and is getting valuable playing time out wide rather than having his development stunted as he's not quite ready to play centrally.

He'll move there in a season or two, he just needs to improve his presence and confidence a little and start reading the game as well when he doesn't have the ball as when he does - I don't mean that as just the defensive side of the game, but his reading of where he needs to be in relationship to his team mates when we're in possession but he doesn't have the ball.

Barry,the reason i mentioned Houghton rather than Whelan was because Houghton played right side while Whelan started left but i take your point.

If he can get some important goals like they both did then I will be more than happy.

Still choosing the easy option far too often for me. He's capable of passes like the one for Suarez vs Stoke but he doesn't try that sort of ball nearly enough. His movement off the ball is not great at times also - something him and Downing need to improve a hell of a lot on. Both seem more than happy to pass total responsibility for getting crosses in to their full backs much of the time with nothing in the way of support.

Barry,the reason i mentioned Houghton rather than Whelan was because Houghton played right side while Whelan started left but i take your point.

If he can get some important goals like they both did then I will be more than happy.

Houghton is the one that occurred to me too. Whelan always sat a little more.

I really rate him, I've maintained this view since I first saw him. He's a confidence player. He's got a cracking eye for the pass, decent delivery and obviously has a good head on his shoulders.

Time and patience will be a virtue and I think he'll really stand out in a few months.

I tend to agree with that.

With the exception of Carra and Bellamy, our players are 'nice'. Even Suarez seems like a lovely little fella. Skrtel and Agger, for all their shaven headed, tattoed up hard man demeanour only 'appear' hard, but not likely to be arrogant or dickish ala your Terrys, Ferdinands and Bartons. With arrogance comes confidence. We lack a bit of that in Henderson (and Downing) I think.