You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Lee909

• Replies 712
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has, to be honest, been ridiculously sloppy in places. A lot of shite shite short passes rather than retain possession, some really lazy placing of the ball in the ruck has allowed weak turnovers and general confusion at the breakdown.

Feels like they are trying to force the pace, when strong lines and the difference in class would be enough to see us through comfortably.

More dumb penalties as well.

Never tried, pretty sure it would be patchy and shite.

Edit: actually I know it would be, daliances in Xabi-esque ginger stubble manliness have shown I have a wierd line running down the middle of my chin that barely grows at all and my upper jawline is a bit light on the hair front too. All in all I'd make a shit viking.

France are not arsed about this game imo,they made changes and want the other path too the final.

I have turned over as i cant be arsed watching a game were only one team wants to play.

The same thing can be said of the england game as there were alot of changes to the romanian side.

France didnt try. Shit team put out.

Hardly.

It was an impressive performance from the AB's. Once they score the 3rd try it was game over and both teams went through the motions a bit.

France went for a very physical front 8 but forgot about defciences in defence at 9 & 10.

Lievremont is a crackpot but if he picks the right team I expect France to get to the final. Even beating their WC bogey team England in the 1/4's.

Hardly.

It was an impressive performance from the AB's. Once they score the 3rd try it was game over and both teams went through the motions a bit.

France went for a very physical front 8 but forgot about defciences in defence at 9 & 10.

Lievremont is a crackpot but if he picks the right team I expect France to get to the final. Even beating their WC bogey team England in the 1/4's.

I agree. It wasn't so much that France were a bad side but that the ABs were just so good. I don't think we've seen the best that they can do in this Cup either.

At the beginning I would have picked the ABs and the Wallabies as equal favourites but after the horror show against Ireland and mounting injuries in the Wobblies I've revised that to just the ABs. Cup rugby often comes down to a good kicker (remember 2003? I do, and weep...) and Carter is on form. That said, if the ABs play England it will be interesting to see a kicking duel between Carter and Wilkinson.

I know a lot of fans hate kicking duels but as a former player I appreciate the skill involved and I don't mind a bit of kicking.

I still enjoy a length of the field try though!

My pick for the final is England and the ABs. I won't predict the outcome but having been the bridesmaids in the WC for so long, I think the ABs have earned a win.