You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
Anyone watched White Collar? I know it's old but didn't want to start a new thread. Is it a crime of the week type of show?

If so I'm out.

It's a bit of both. Often a new case, but a running theme through the show. It's enjoyable but it's not a top show. It's light entertainment really.

It's a bit of both. Often a new case, but a running theme through the show. It's enjoyable but it's not a top show. It's light entertainment really.

Ah I'll give it a miss.

Just got Netflix and its on there. Orange is the new black and house of cards are on there too, so will try those.

Guest Numero Veinticinco

Ah I'll give it a miss.

Just got Netflix and its on there. Orange is the new black and house of cards are on there too' date=' so will try those.[/quote']

House od Cards is really good.

I just finished watching a mini series called Top of the Lake, set in New Zealand, featuring Elizabeth Moss (Peggy from Mad Men) and Faramir from LOTR, plus Holly Hunter who is barely recognisable apart from her voice.

I thought it was excellent. Good story, good characters and beautifully filmed in stunning NZ scenery. It's written and directed by Jane Campion.

I just finished watching a mini series called Top of the Lake, set in New Zealand, featuring Elizabeth Moss (Peggy from Mad Men) and Faramir from LOTR, plus Holly Hunter who is barely recognisable apart from her voice.

I thought it was excellent. Good story, good characters and beautifully filmed in stunning NZ scenery. It's written and directed by Jane Campion.

I've been watching that, it's beautifully shot but I do find it drifts a bit to have a little bit of quiet, contemplative music and some navel gazing. Faramir from Lord of the Rings (David Wenham) is great as the little bit sleazy but blokey copper.

I've been watching that, it's beautifully shot but I do find it drifts a bit to have a little bit of quiet, contemplative music and some navel gazing. Faramir from Lord of the Rings (David Wenham) is great as the little bit sleazy but blokey copper.

Yes, that's my only complaint. It could have been trimmed down to 6 instead of 7 episodes, kept the storyline and not lost anything, but gained a tighter feel. I am quite forgiving though, so I still would recommend it.

• 2 weeks later...
Not yet. Dexter' date=' Magic city, Ray Donovan, The Newsroom and watching Breaking Bad a couple of times sort of cut into my free time.[/quote']

I watch all them except The Newsroom. Saw the first two and thought it was awful.

Ray Donovan is ok but nothing special but I really enjoyed Magic City after a slow start to the second series. Fuck me, how old is James Caan now!

• Downvote 1

• 4 weeks later...
Guest Numero Veinticinco
Amost Human looks ace, it has Karl Urban as the lead and directed by JJ Abrams, would post a video but dunno how to embed vids. Check it out.

iRobot meets Demolition man. I like the look of it.

• 2 weeks later...