You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Same thoughts as mine.

Had they not been from the social class they were and the holiday been in spain instead of portuagl they would have been made out to be drunk lowlifes who went to get drunk and left there kids in the room alone.

My big question always was who the fuck leaves there kids alone at a hotel while they have dinner even if they were only a couple of hundreds yards away they couldnt see the kids,you wouldnt leave your kids alone anywere else so why peopel think they cqan do it on holiday ill never now.

Did they not have a 'Maddie Fund' of £400,000? And now they're releasing a potential best seller, retailing at £22, to top it up?

How much money does it cost to try find a kid you buried long before you reported her missing?

whatever the whys and wherefors of what they have done, that last line is a cheap shot.

I find it astonishing that some idiots *still* believe Madeleine McCann was killed by her parents.

Typical witless internet conspiracy theory mongs.

As for the book, well, if it raises lots of money to help them carry on looking, great. Obviously it'll be bought in the most part by cretins in supermarkets who love wallowing in other people's misery, but hey ho.

I find it astonishing that some idiots *still* believe Madeleine McCann was killed by her parents.

Typical witless internet conspiracy theory mongs.

As for the book, well, if it raises lots of money to help them carry on looking, great. Obviously it'll be bought in the most part by cretins in supermarkets who love wallowing in other people's misery, but hey ho.

I doubt they did it personally but their neglect certainly facilitated it.

I see him from time to time at the local leisure centre and my older brother knew him as a colleague. Nice enough man when you talk to him. I've never seen her out and about at all but Mrs E has and says she's lovely.

As for the book and the rag she should know better.

I doubt they did it personally but their neglect certainly facilitated it.

Oh absolutely. And I doubt there is a day goes by that they don't regret it.

And I'm sure lots of parents have done the same or similar, although I wouldn't.

On the plus side, I'd like to fuck Kate McCann. I bet all that grief needs a release of sorts.

I was going to quote and reply but fuck it.

My daughter is 8 and yesterday wanted (demanded) to walk to school like a neighbours child, i yesterday trailed behind by about 100yds to ensure she got to school and then went around to her play ground to see that she'd arrived into her enclosed space safely.

No parent (normal) would leave their child(ren) un attended at that age. fucking hell, I still don't leave my 11 year old alone. They're fucking half whits, calling someone an idiot because they believe they buried the kid is very short sited. My thoughts are that they put a bit too much phenergan in the milk, they wanted a peaceful night out drinking with buddies. Even if it was the case that someone did abduct their child, they still left their kids at risk and enabled the situation.

They left a 4 year old and two year old twins, alone, unsupervised whilst they were over 100m away. They didn't use the baby sitting service available - i've clearly got no sympathy for them or their cause.

As said above, as for selling it to the rag, she's clearly not functional in the first place by leaving her kids, expecting some moral compass is way off the mark.

I find it infuriating that they got off without even a neglect charge.

What exactly is this fund being used for now? She disappeared four years ago. There are no people at all who have been linked to the case by any kind of legitimate evidence, there's no DNA evidence, the hotel room has since been let out to other people so and evidence there is compromised, there's no CCTV footage left to turn up, Madeline probably looks totally different now if she's still alive. The parents are back in their normal jobs now. What are they using the money for?

What exactly is this fund being used for now? She disappeared four years ago. There are no people at all who have been linked to the case by any kind of legitimate evidence, there's no DNA evidence, the hotel room has since been let out to other people so and evidence there is compromised, there's no CCTV footage left to turn up, Madeline probably looks totally different now if she's still alive. The parents are back in their normal jobs now. What are they using the money for?

Babysitters?

• Upvote 1

I suppose it's keeping up the PR and maybe employing Private Detectives, having someone monitoring websites. I dunno. There's plenty of stuff you could spend the money on.

I suppose they know it's pretty futile, but as a parent you wouldn't give up.

She doesn't half look like my daughter too, so when I go through customs I bet they think I've snatched her, cos I do look quite shifty in my passport photo.

Such a lovely compliment: "Your daughter's beautiful. She looks like Madeleine McCann!"

"Er......thanks?"

I was going to quote and reply but fuck it.

My thoughts are that they put a bit too much phenergan in the milk, they wanted a peaceful night out drinking with buddies. Even if it was the case that someone did abduct their child, they still left their kids at risk and enabled the situation.

Next time someone says "penny for your thoughts"?

I'd sell.

Hopefully, a babysitter for the twins.

Next time someone says "penny for your thoughts"?

I'd sell.

Like i'd give a shit. I'm a heartless cow at the best of times, expecting sympathy for a fuck up that i'd of been thrown in jail for is not going to happen.

You don't leave your kids unattended, they must of felt more then confident in the fact the kids would remain asleep and thus not at risk of waking up and being scared due to being in an unfamiliar area with no safe base about - how many parents of children of such an age would feel the same?

Like i'd give a shit. I'm a heartless cow at the best of times, expecting sympathy for a fuck up that i'd of been thrown in jail for is not going to happen.

You don't leave your kids unattended, they must of felt more then confident in the fact the kids would remain asleep and thus not at risk of waking up and being scared due to being in an unfamiliar area with no safe base about - how many parents of children of such an age would feel the same?

Heartless. Brainless.

How many other major internal organs are you fucking missing?