You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

The problem isn't really Trump it's the fact the Republicans dominate both houses. The fact they're willing to get away with anything he wants shows you what they're all about, likewise the fact they were willing to shut down their own Federal government just to stick the knife into Obama because he's black and a Democrat. Their whole political system is pure poison from root to stem. 

Read this full transcript of his interview. He's insane. 

http://linkis.com/abcnews.go.com/Polit/jtQcuT1

DAVID MUIR: Do you think that that talking about millions of illegal votes is dangerous to this country without presenting the evidence?

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No, not at all.

(OVERTALK)

PRESIDENT TRUMP: Not at all because many people feel the same way that I do. And ...

DAVID MUIR: You don't think it undermines your credibility if there’s no evidence?

(OVERTALK)

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No, not at all because they didn't come to me. Believe me. Those were Hillary votes. And if you look at it they all voted for Hillary. They all voted for Hillary. They didn't vote for me. I don't believe I got one. Okay, these are people that voted for Hillary Clinton. And if they didn't vote, it would've been different in the popular.

Now, you have to understand I -- I focused on those four or five states that I had to win. Maybe she didn't. She should've gone to Michigan. She thought she had it in the bag. She should've gone to Wisconsin, she thought she had it because you're talking about 38 years of, you know, Democrat wins. But they didn't. I went to Michigan, I went to Wisconsin. I went to Pennsylvania all the time. I went to all of the states that are -- Florida and North Carolina. That's all I focused on.

DAVID MUIR: Mr. President, it does strike me though that we're relitigating the presidential campaign, the election ...

(OVERTALK)

PRESIDENT TRUMP: No, no. We're looking at it for the next time. No, no, you have to understand, I had a tremendous victory, one of the great victories ever. In terms of counties I think the most ever or just about the most ever. When you look at a map it's all red. Red meaning us, Republicans.

One of the greatest victories ever. But, again, I ran for the electoral college. I didn't run for the popular vote. What I'm saying is if there are these problems that many people agree with me that there might be. Look, Barack Obama -- if you look back -- eight years ago when he first ran -- he was running for office in Chicago for we needed Chicago vote.

And he was laughing at the system because he knew all of those votes were going to him. You look at Philadelphia, you look at what's going on in Philadelphia. But take a look at the tape of Barack Obama who wrote me, by the way, a very beautiful letter in the drawer of the desk. Very beautiful. And I appreciate it. But look at what he said, it's on tape. Look at what he said about voting in Chicago eight years ago. It's not changed. It hasn't changed, believe me. Chicago, look what's going on in Chicago. It's only gotten worse.

But he was smiling and laughing about the vote in Chicago. Now, once he became president he didn't do that. All of a sudden it became this is the foundation of our country. So, here's the point, you have a lot of stuff going on possibly. I say probably. But possibly. We're gonna get to the bottom of it.

And then we're gonna make sure it doesn't happen again. If people are registered wrongly, if illegals are registered to vote, which they are, if dead people are registered to vote and voting, which they do. There are some. I don't know how many. We're gonna try finding that out and the other categories that we talk about, double states where they're -- registered in two states, we're gonna get to the bottom of it because we have to stop it. Because I agree, so important. But the other side is trying to downplay this. Now, I'll say this -- I think that if that didn't happen, first of all, would -- would be a great thing if it didn't happen. But I believe it did happen. And I believe a part of the vote would've been much different.

Guest Pistonbroke

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-38753000

US President Donald Trump has said he believes waterboarding works, stating "we have to fight fire with fire".

Mr Trump said that while radical groups beheaded people in the Middle East "we're not playing on an even field".

But Mr Trump also said he would consult Defence Secretary James Mattis and CIA director Mike Pompeo and "if they don't want to do it that's fine".

Both have indicated opposition to reintroducing the interrogation method, widely considered a form of torture.

Former CIA director Leon Panetta told the BBC it would be a "serious mistake to take a backward step" on torture.

What is waterboarding?

It is an interrogation process that causes the subject to experience the sensation of drowning.

The subject is strapped to an angled board facing down and a cloth is placed over their mouth. Water is poured over the face, creating the feeling that the lungs are filling with water.

What did Trump say?

Speaking to ABC News, Mr Trump said he wanted to "keep our country safe".

"When they're shooting, when they're chopping off the heads of our people and other people, when they're chopping off the heads of people because they happen to be a Christian in the Middle East, when Isis (IS) is doing things that nobody has ever heard of since Medieval times, would I feel strongly about waterboarding?" he asked.

"I have spoken with people at the highest level of intelligence and I asked them the question 'Does it work? Does torture work?' and the answer was 'Yes, absolutely'.

In his election campaign, Mr Trump had said he might order troops to carry out waterboarding "and tougher" methods on terrorism suspects, although the next day he said he would not order the military to break international law.

How has it been used, does it work and is it legal?

The CIA began using waterboarding, among other interrogation processes, after the 9/11 attacks in 2001.

Al-Qaeda figures Abu Zubaydah and Khalid Sheikh Mohammed were waterboarded dozens of times under CIA detention.

A Senate committee concluded the technique did not provide critical intelligence, but some ex-CIA officials insisted it had provided actionable information.

The technique is illegal. President Barack Obama banned torture as an interrogation technique in 2009.

And late last year, an anti-torture amendment became law. It writes into the Army Field Manual that there can be no "cruel, inhuman and degrading treatment".

Mr Trump can rewrite the manual but the law's stipulation that there can be "no use or threat of force" cannot be waived by executive order.

So could it come back?

If Mr Trump relies on his security team, then probably not.

The president said on ABC: "I will rely on Pompeo and Mattis and my group and if they don't want to do it that's fine. If they do want to do then I will work toward that end.

"I want to do everything within the bounds of what you're allowed to do legally but do I feel it works? Absolutely I feel it works."

When Mr Trump was sounding out Mr Mattis for defence secretary he asked him about its use.

Mr Trump told the New York Times: "[Mr Mattis] said - I was surprised - he said, 'I've never found it to be useful.' He said, 'I've always found, give me a pack of cigarettes and a couple of beers and I do better with that than I do with torture.'"

Mr Pompeo has been a bit more ambivalent. He has defended the use of harsh techniques but during his confirmation hearing said he would "absolutely not" reinstate those methods.

He was more equivocal in written responses, saying that if intelligence gathering was being impeded he would look into whether changing the laws was necessary.

Mr Panetta was more forthright, telling the 100 Days programme on BBC World News: "The reality is we really don't need to use enhanced interrogation in order to get the information that is required."

"I think it could be damaging in terms of our image to the rest of the world."

What other measures are being considered?

A draft document has come into the hands of US media that suggests other actions, although Trump administration spokesman Sean Spicer said it was not a White House document.

The draft order would scrap Mr Obama's move to close the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay in Cuba.

It also calls for a review into whether the "black sites" programme should be reintroduced.

Black sites were locations overseas where the CIA carried out interrogation techniques like waterboarding post 9/11. They were closed by Mr Obama.

The Obama directive giving the Red Cross timely access to all detainees could also be revoked.

"No, no, you have to understand, I had a tremendous victory, one of the great victories ever. In terms of counties I think the most ever or just about the most ever. When you look at a map it's all red. Red meaning us, Republicans. One of the greatest victories ever."

He sounds like Adolph in Mein Kampf.

"No, no, you have to understand, I had a tremendous victory, one of the great victories ever. In terms of counties I think the most ever or just about the most ever. When you look at a map it's all red. Red meaning us, Republicans. One of the greatest victories ever."

He sounds like Adolph in Mein Kampf.

To be honest, and I don't know how this is possible that I'm even saying this, but Hitler's interviews and quotes make him sound far more sane. Hitler was demented in a different sense, i.e his world view, but Trump sounds like someone who's been living in the woods for 20 years and is just chatting random shit. 

beruehmte-namen-tiere-pflanzen138~_v-img

"Standing here in Nuremberg, wonderful city, great people, the thing is...the Jews, some people think Adolf J Hitler doesn't like Jews, believe me they're right, because Adolf J HItler is very smart, he was on the front page of Time Magazine - twice - Stalin was just on it once." 

Hitler was clearly more intelligent than Trump. He really is incredibly thin skinned, the fact he lost the popular vote seems to be eating away at him.

To be honest, this is so much the case that he should be relatively easy to get rid of if the Democrats and press get their act together. 

• Upvote 1

Imagine being a Muslim in America right now though.

Scary time. You've got a President pretty much telling the population that you, purely because of your faith rather than any specific threat or intelligence, are a potential threat to the nation.

You'd constantly be on edge that somebody was going to hurt you. It'd be like a constant state of one of them going to Rico's for tea.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Imagine being a Muslim in America right now though.

Scary time. You've got a President pretty much telling the population that you, purely because of your faith rather than any specific threat or intelligence, are a potential threat to the nation.

You'd constantly be on edge that somebody was going to hurt you. It'd be like a constant state of one of them going to Rico's for tea.

It's like it's too hard for you to understand. The only conclusion I can come to is that it's indeed too difficult for you to understand.

second time you've used the line too if I remember correctly- but it's just a joke right?