Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2058 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

11 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Ronnie Goodlass was going on about Clive Thomas on twitter only the other day. Astounding levels of grudge holding.

I was wondering when he'd throw his hand into the debate 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Doctor Troy said:

Yep, it always happens at the wrong time as well and details them for years.

Dave Prentice did an article about Clive Thomas last year and why they moan about him so much. Apparently they were on the brink of dominating the English game and losing to Liverpool in an FA cup semi final completely derailed them until 1984. 

This is despite them losing the semi final replay 3-0, having an average team full of very average players, finishing 9th that year and Liverpool winning the European cup 2 years on the run then followed by Nottingham Forest, us again then Aston Villa. 

They were knocked out of the UEFA cup in the second round in 1978 and the first round in 1979. Then didn't qualify again until 1985. 

But losing an FA cup semi final stopped their worldwide dominance. They really are the most deluded set of fans in the country. 

I remember than article in which Prentice also called Thomas the most power hungry and publicity seeking ref there has ever been in world football totally missing the fact that himself and the whole Everton fanbase have given him just that for over 40 years.

26 minutes ago, Total Longo said:

Ronnie Goodlass was going on about Clive Thomas on twitter only the other day. Astounding levels of grudge holding.

His Dad was our postie for years. Miserable sod.

3 minutes ago, Tarwater said:

Surprisingly, Hames trained today and is in contention to start against Southampton... So, yeah, career defining injury there.

Yep. I was going to post something about them always going on about us being 'always the victim' but fuck it, we all know they're the biggest hypocrites there is.

Hope Southampton batter them this weekend, with an Ings hattrick. 

In the past I've learnt to ignore them and not pay them much attention really, but the derby and their reactions this last week (and it's not even just the fans - it's the players and the manager!!) - well, I hope they get relegated, build that new stadium, get into all kinds of debt and are ultimately wound up. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, johnsusername said:

I hope they get relegated, build that new stadium, get into all kinds of debt and are ultimately wound up

They're fucking permanently wound up, stress levels off the charts.

• Upvote 3

Apparently Carlo has put Joyce “back in his place” and other such nonsensities.

Obviously don’t know how Ancelotti answered the second question but I wouldn’t say that at all, it’s very rare for a journalist to ask such a ballsy question. 

Ancelotti is a wanker. Glad we mugged them in 2005, shouldn’t have let Reno pat the trophy should you dickhead?

• Upvote 1

Ancelotti can fucking do one. The balls on him. 

He's only there for the money. Its simple fact that him and his lad(!) are earning an eye watering sum of money and, if it wasn't the case, he wouldn't even know who Everton are. 

Go and read any of the Bayern-covering journo's coverage on Ancelotti at Bayern. Negligent and half-arsed doesn't even begin to describe it. He's been bombed out of his last two jobs for being shit which nobody who's blue wants to mention. 

7 minutes ago, Crazy Dave said:

He's been bombed out of his last two jobs for being shit which nobody who's blue wants to mention. 

That maybe true but he is still easily the best manager they have had in decades.

• Upvote 3

I said in the match thread after Ancelotti had said the game was "satisfactory" that he had gone down in my estimation and he seems to be compounding that now.

He used to be classy and dignified, so much so that I thought we might have tried to bring him here before Klopp came.

That class, dignity and respect has gone now and he's become another one of the gobshites that the Blueshite are renowned for.

Like it's been said on here before, many times, "Once Everton's touched you"....

34 minutes ago, TheHowieLama said:

That maybe true but he is still easily the best manager they have had in decades.

To be fair the list isn’t great 

Apparently Joyce’s head as fell of. They fucking love that phrase and drop it into the most trivial of football debates. It impossible to have a difference of opinion without our head falling off. The fucking knob heads. 

• Upvote 1