Quantcast
*Shakes head* Everton again. - Page 2013 - FF - Football Forum - The Liverpool Way Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

Although if he wants shirts in big clubs' colours, they're about £5 a dozen in Dalyan market. (At least, they were when I was on holiday a few years ago. )

Well, if anything like the rest I'm sure he will. Hope you enjoyed your holiday here

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
BlackEagle888

BlackEagle888

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I genuinely wonder how Colombians see his move to Everton. Are they just happy he's going somewhere to play? Do they even know who/what Everton is? You know, pertinent questions.

Anyone who knows anything about football has Everton fc on their radar. There have been great players like Andy Johnson, Lukaku, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Rooney, Bent ... Relevant and classy players. How not to know Everton?

It is obvious that we are here for Rodríguez, but many of us are more fans of soccer than of a player. Im from Colombia.Thanks for the welcome

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jesus fucking Christ.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, The Guest said:

They’ve now got “new” posters on GOT pretending to be from Colombia.  Sad bastards.

No doubt all posting in perfect English, as you do when you're from Colombia.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thought you had to be born/chosen to be an Evertonian, not manufactured and those who do not understand do not matter? 

 

So all these new Colombian fans do not matter. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, scudger99 said:
BlackEagle888

BlackEagle888

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I genuinely wonder how Colombians see his move to Everton. Are they just happy he's going somewhere to play? Do they even know who/what Everton is? You know, pertinent questions.

Anyone who knows anything about football has Everton fc on their radar. There have been great players like Andy Johnson, Lukaku, Arteta, Cahill, Fellaini, Rooney, Bent ... Relevant and classy players. How not to know Everton?

It is obvious that we are here for Rodríguez, but many of us are more fans of soccer than of a player. Im from Colombia.Thanks for the welcome

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jesus fucking Christ.

Red on a wind up, no doubt about it. 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm not sure what is new here, although maybe it's just official. Imagine the fume. 

 

Edit... Although it seems to me the fundamental issue is filling the dock in, which I'm not quite sure it should have take 4 years to get to this point. 

 

Historic England under fire over new Everton stadium objections

  • Accused of ‘huge mistake’ by Northern Powerhouse Partnership
  • Employment and economic benefits of project highlighted
 
Published:13:46 Tue 15 September 2020
 Follow Andy Hunter
 

Historic England has been accused of making a “huge mistake” in objecting to Everton’s plans for a new stadium at Bramley Moore dock, at a time when the economy is in desperate need of the jobs and investment it will bring.

Everton last week submitted an amended planning application for the proposed 52,888-capacity stadium on Liverpool’s waterfront following feedback from Liverpool city council and other statutory consultees. Historic England, the Victorian Society and ICOMOS, a heritage body acting on behalf of Unesco, are opposed to the Grade II listed dock being filled in and want the project called in by the government.

That has prompted fierce condemnation from the Northern Powerhouse Partnership, which claims Liverpool’s world heritage status will do more harm than good for the city should it be used against Everton’s scheme.

Henri Murison, director of the partnership, said: “Unnecessarily delaying a £1bn mega-project such as this – which will support constructions sectors and related trades in the coming years and will create 15,000 jobs – would be a huge mistake at a time when we’re facing rising unemployment, with this a material economic intervention in the city region.

“Historic England reading of the requirements of the World Heritage Status – which has already served its purpose in establishing its visitor brand – shows the time may have come when its disadvantages for the city outweigh any residual benefits it brings.

“In reality, the power of such a scheme can prove transformative in unlocking the true economic potential of Liverpool and the north in the short and long term. Projects like this represent a critical example of the role forward-thinking organisations like Everton and their wider partners can play in investing in local communities and building back better, one step at a time closing the north-south divide.”

Everton intend to restore several heritage features at Bramley Moore, including a Grade II listed hydraulic tower and tramlines, and the contentious dock walls would be preserved under the stadium. They could be re-engineered back into a dock should the club leave what is a disused site inaccessible to the public.

The Victorian Society believes the plans are “unacceptable” and would cause “incontrovertible harm” to the dock. In a detailed explanation of its objections Historic England claims alternative solutions for the dock are available and Liverpool does not face “a stark choice between dereliction or football stadium”.

The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email.

“We have had extensive and productive discussions with the club about how best to develop the new stadium at Bramley-Moore dock and understand the attraction of this exceptional location,” it said. “However, we consider that the proposal to infill the dock would fundamentally change its historic character as a water-filled basin which so clearly tells the story of the docks and has contributed to its status as a World Heritage Site.

“Due to the impact of the proposals on a World Heritage Site, which has the highest level of heritage protection and is internationally significant, we regrettably think that this application should be determined by the Secretary of State and will ask for it to be called in for his determination. We have also advised that the application should be refused, unless the decision-maker concludes that the public benefits would outweigh the damage to Bramley-Moore dock and the harm to the World Heritage Site which the proposals would cause.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I'm not sure what is new here, although maybe it's just official. Imagine the fume. 

 

Historic England under fire over new Everton stadium objections

  • Accused of ‘huge mistake’ by Northern Powerhouse Partnership
  • Employment and economic benefits of project highlighted
 
Published:13:46 Tue 15 September 2020
 Follow Andy Hunter
 

Historic England has been accused of making a “huge mistake” in objecting to Everton’s plans for a new stadium at Bramley Moore dock, at a time when the economy is in desperate need of the jobs and investment it will bring.

Everton last week submitted an amended planning application for the proposed 52,888-capacity stadium on Liverpool’s waterfront following feedback from Liverpool city council and other statutory consultees. Historic England, the Victorian Society and ICOMOS, a heritage body acting on behalf of Unesco, are opposed to the Grade II listed dock being filled in and want the project called in by the government.

Neville Southall: 'You don’t expect loose cannons to take over your own country'

That has prompted fierce condemnation from the Northern Powerhouse Partnership, which claims Liverpool’s world heritage status will do more harm than good for the city should it be used against Everton’s scheme.

Henri Murison, director of the partnership, said: “Unnecessarily delaying a £1bn mega-project such as this – which will support constructions sectors and related trades in the coming years and will create 15,000 jobs – would be a huge mistake at a time when we’re facing rising unemployment, with this a material economic intervention in the city region.

“Historic England reading of the requirements of the World Heritage Status – which has already served its purpose in establishing its visitor brand – shows the time may have come when its disadvantages for the city outweigh any residual benefits it brings.

“In reality, the power of such a scheme can prove transformative in unlocking the true economic potential of Liverpool and the north in the short and long term. Projects like this represent a critical example of the role forward-thinking organisations like Everton and their wider partners can play in investing in local communities and building back better, one step at a time closing the north-south divide.”

Everton intend to restore several heritage features at Bramley Moore, including a Grade II listed hydraulic tower and tramlines, and the contentious dock walls would be preserved under the stadium. They could be re-engineered back into a dock should the club leave what is a disused site inaccessible to the public.

The Victorian Society believes the plans are “unacceptable” and would cause “incontrovertible harm” to the dock. In a detailed explanation of its objections Historic England claims alternative solutions for the dock are available and Liverpool does not face “a stark choice between dereliction or football stadium”.

The Fiver: sign up and get our daily football email.

“We have had extensive and productive discussions with the club about how best to develop the new stadium at Bramley-Moore dock and understand the attraction of this exceptional location,” it said. “However, we consider that the proposal to infill the dock would fundamentally change its historic character as a water-filled basin which so clearly tells the story of the docks and has contributed to its status as a World Heritage Site.

“Due to the impact of the proposals on a World Heritage Site, which has the highest level of heritage protection and is internationally significant, we regrettably think that this application should be determined by the Secretary of State and will ask for it to be called in for his determination. We have also advised that the application should be refused, unless the decision-maker concludes that the public benefits would outweigh the damage to Bramley-Moore dock and the harm to the World Heritage Site which the proposals would cause.”

There are discussions to be had on both sides of this argument. Just saying something will 'create jobs' is a crock of shit but then again objecting against a huge development while letting thousands of private residences be built on many other disused docks smacks of hypocrisy to me. As long as Everton fund it all and no money comes from public funds,I'd apply the same to Liverpool as well,then go for it IF its a real possibility. Mind you if your club has been spouting 'new stadium' bollocks since the 1990s then its unlikely to happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Out of all the sites in the city why choose this one?. They could have easily built a stadium elsewhere in the city by now and for probably about £200m less without the need for all these heritage and planning hurdles. 

 

They've been trying to move for years so why have they made life difficult for themselves?

 

Not arsed if it gets built, it will rejuvenate that area but it seems that they've dragged this out for a long time when there were easier options for them to build elsewhere like on the east lancs road or not far from South Parkway station.

 

Every single bit of this process has been drawn out and over complicated by so many factors such as:

 

Filling in a dock rather than just building on a barren wasteland on the outskirts of the city.

 

Building a stadium in an area with no transport links and a small road.

 

Building it near the town centre.

 

Building it by listed buildings and Victorian dock walls.

 

Having extensive drawn out public consultations. 

 

Building it next to a freezing river and smelly area of oil factories and sewage plant. 

 

Trying to make it an "iconic" stadium which will cost more money

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Chocoholic said:

No doubt all posting in perfect English, as you do when you're from Colombia.

That’s the funniest and most transparent bit.  They’re posting in attempted broken English which is the biggest giveaway and then following it up with saying he could be a Toffee legend.  It’s just so embarrassing.  They’ve got one fella claiming to be Colombian-American going on about kit sales and that’s when you realise what they’re up to.  They think that amateur outfit they’ve got making their kits are going to be reading their forum and the flooding Colombia with the Everton kit as a result.  Fucking mad cunts.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Out of all the sites in the city why choose this one?. They could have easily built a stadium elsewhere in the city by now and for probably about £200m less without the need for all these heritage and planning hurdles. 

 

They've been trying to move for years so why have they made life difficult for themselves?

 

Not arsed if it gets built, it will rejuvenate that area but it seems that they've dragged this out for a long time when there were easier options for them to build elsewhere like on the east lancs road or not far from South Parkway station.

 

Every single bit of this process has been drawn out and over complicated by so many factors. 

I keep thinking why dont they just re develop the Park End. For £100m they could easily stick 8000 extra seats in there at a cost of 1\5th of the unicorn stadium.

 

The only viable reason not to is they dont have the money. That then begs the question how can they pay for BMD? Again, the answer is they cannot and are hoping Moshiri and or usmanov will fund it.

 

But that just means they are tennants again and the funders will surely want a good return for their investment. It's all just bizarre.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, VladimirIlyich said:

There are discussions to be had on both sides of this argument. Just saying something will 'create jobs' is a crock of shit but then again objecting against a huge development while letting thousands of private residences be built on many other disused docks smacks of hypocrisy to me. As long as Everton fund it all and no money comes from public funds,I'd apply the same to Liverpool as well,then go for it IF its a real possibility. Mind you if your club has been spouting 'new stadium' bollocks since the 1990s then its unlikely to happen.

Well HE are also claiming there are alternatives for the site than just Everton. Aside from random shite spouted by peel over the years, I've no idea what that is. I think everyone who comes from the city would agree at this point the existing dock serves no purpose, but it doesn't mean it has to go. I just think Everton should be treated like anyone else would wanting to build on the site. I'm no planning expert and as close as I know to heritage stuff is having previously owned a flat in a grade 2 listed building, which is pretty much nothing in comparison to the status of being a world heritage site. 

 

But the strange thing I took from that article is basically it stays as a dock or it can't be built on. I just don't see how that takes 4 years to get to - there's more at play here I think. Either this is an outcome Everton want or HE are just after better concessions than they already have, maybe Everton need to embark on/include another project as well as this so it's not just a random stadium and nothing else there. So it does become a genuine kick start to regeneration. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Honestly I think historic England need to fuck off.  It’s not like they’re knocking down the liver buildings here.  It’s an old disused dock that’s of no interest to anyone and never will be.  It’s not going to create as many jobs as they claim it will but it will create a lot of short term construction work and people will benefit from it here.

 

I wondered why they were going down to Parliament months ago singing the praises of the economic benefit of it all.  It looked like they were going looking for public money but it might just have been pre-empting this.  I actually feel like it is going to be built now.  They’re spending too much time and money on it for it not to be.

 

I do fear for them long term with this though.  Whoever is financing it is going to want their money back and it isn’t going to be from selling the club because they’re not worth anything even with a brand new stadium.  Paying it off themselves through profit they generate will kill them off on the pitch which could just spiral.  Not one of their fans ever seems to ask any questions about any of this.  It’s just build it whatever the consequences so we’ve got some banter points on the board.

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

Haha, everton could be playing in UEFA's Europa Conference League next season, if they win the EFL Cup! Is that the European equivalent of the National League then?!


I spot an issue with this...

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Also, given my job is looking at unemployment & economical conditions, the ability to create a significant amount of jobs over the next couple of years shouldn’t be ignored.

 

Unemployment rates don’t look pretty. At all. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, dockers_strike said:

I keep thinking why dont they just re develop the Park End. For £100m they could easily stick 8000 extra seats in there at a cost of 1\5th of the unicorn stadium.

 

The only viable reason not to is they dont have the money. That then begs the question how can they pay for BMD? Again, the answer is they cannot and are hoping Moshiri and or usmanov will fund it.

 

But that just means they are tennants again and the funders will surely want a good return for their investment. It's all just bizarre.

I've often thought this, but apparently it's not that simple according to my bloo mate. He reckons the 1st problem is an redeveloped park end would require a full rebuild to include decent hospitality (and apparently hospitality doesn't sell well behind the goal), which is something to do with the cheap arsed way they built it originally. Then there's issue with the bullins road that will require significant investment if they stay, at the moment they're just about patching it up with each year. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Agree with The Guest, I don't think Everton have the wherewith to build it  but they shouldn't be stopped by people who have no plan for it themselves ( It has been derelict that long that I don't believe there is a realistic plan for BMD in the background ).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, DalyanPete said:

Well, if anything like the rest I'm sure he will. Hope you enjoyed your holiday here

It was quite splendid. The people were ridiculously friendly and the beach near the turtle hospital was amazing. 

We were staying in a villa with the in-laws. Every time my brother-in-law got his little lad into a fresh change of clothes, he'd jump in the pool and need changing again; hence the need for emergency footy shirts, because he hadn't packed enough.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

It was quite splendid. The people were ridiculously friendly and the beach near the turtle hospital was amazing. 

We were staying in a villa with the in-laws. Every time my brother-in-law got his little lad into a fresh change of clothes, he'd jump in the pool and need changing again; hence the need for emergency footy shirts, because he hadn't packed enough.

great stuff, its a lovely place to live

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Barrington Womble said:

I've often thought this, but apparently it's not that simple according to my bloo mate. He reckons the 1st problem is an redeveloped park end would require a full rebuild to include decent hospitality (and apparently hospitality doesn't sell well behind the goal), which is something to do with the cheap arsed way they built it originally. Then there's issue with the bullins road that will require significant investment if they stay, at the moment they're just about patching it up with each year. 

Their fans would no longer be able to claim the moral high ground and post that David Conn article every 5 minutes if they rebuilt around the ground and had to buy up houses and the school behind the Bullens road. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

Their fans would no longer be able to claim the moral high ground and post that David Conn article every 5 minutes if they rebuilt around the ground and had to buy up houses and the school behind the Bullens road. 

You could say that about foreign support, but they seem to be embracing it! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×