Jump to content
Fugitive

*Shakes head* Everton again.

Recommended Posts

53 minutes ago, Pete said:

Are they makes of Vacuum cleaner because I doubt very much they'll be signing the actual footballers. 

If the Champions of Everything are rummaging down the back of the sofa to sign a few players, god knows where Everton are rummaging!

Rummaging in each others arse crack, Id guess.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Bobby Hundreds said:

I couldn't give a shit what colour the away kit is but really why would you pick a blueish colour. Liverpool ask you to design a kit and youre that fucking thick you opt for a colour thats more associated with their closest rivals and even Man City. I just think professional kit designers are utter dogshit at their jobs and are stealing a living.

I like the fact that last year's away kit was a bit Spursy.  It looked like we'd gone to the Champions League Final, made them cry and then said "Now give us your kits."

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The last few pages in this thread are superb. Loads of them are going all in on DaveK whilst some are defending him. One person even said they will be reporting anymore negative responses to him hahahahaha. The Grasses Club.

 

 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-discussion.66451/page-4377

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Doctor Troy said:

 

 

State of Davies and Calvert Lewin on this vid

Haha I've just retweeted that. Hope I get a bite or two off some blues. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, VladimirIlyich said:

 Remember that the club we are talking about here are the longest,or joint longest in the top division.

Second longest. The Arse have been in the top flight the longest, I'm not sure they've ever been relegated. The Blues haven't been relegated in my lifetime. Let's hope they can put that right sometime soon.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Bjornebye said:

The last few pages in this thread are superb. Loads of them are going all in on DaveK whilst some are defending him. One person even said they will be reporting anymore negative responses to him hahahahaha. The Grasses Club.

 

 

https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/new-stadium-discussion.66451/page-4377

 

DaveK's dilemma is that he hates everyone who is stopping Everton from fulfilling his dream - and it's really only Everton who are doing that.

 

He hates Everton. 

QED.

20200815_001101.png

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It’s kicked off on the stadium thread again.  Some fella has basically given a reasoned opinion on why he’s got doubts on it happening. They’ve all jumped on him.  The best one is some guy saying he’s personally spoken to people who will be doing the construction and they’ve committed people and resources to it when it starts and these people could smell if it was bollocks so they wouldn’t have done have accepted it.  This means it’s definitely happen.  I don’t even know where to start with that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Guest said:

It’s kicked off on the stadium thread again.  Some fella has basically given a reasoned opinion on why he’s got doubts on it happening. They’ve all jumped on him.  The best one is some guy saying he’s personally spoken to people who will be doing the construction and they’ve committed people and resources to it when it starts and these people could smell if it was bollocks so they wouldn’t have done have accepted it.  This means it’s definitely happen.  I don’t even know where to start with that

So he's claiming Everton have contracted people to build stuff that still doesn't have planning approval? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

So he's claiming Everton have contracted people to build stuff that still doesn't have planning approval? 

They've got a stadium naming option sponsor worth £30m, so anything's possible 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Чемпионы said:

They've got a stadium naming option sponsor worth £30m, so anything's possible 

Haha. Very good point. Scam of the century that. Maybe that's how they're paying for these contracts they're slapping on the table. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, The Gaul said:

So he's claiming Everton have contracted people to build stuff that still doesn't have planning approval? 

Exactly which could happen at any time so what are all these people and resources doing at the moment?  The same thing they would be doing if it all fell through is the answer.  It’s just batshit logic.

 

The planning approval will obviously go through.  Why wouldn’t it when you’re essentially spending loads of money on the local economy to build a stadium on wasteland?  There’s literally no reason it wouldn’t.

 

The reason why it’s still up in the air as anyone with any unbiased critical thought in their brain will tell you is because nobody has got a clue how they will afford it.  Any time this is brought up they all just keep saying there is too much money to be made by everyone for it not to happen.  Yes all of these builders etc will make money but where do Everton or Moshiri make the money to actually pay everyone.  It’s still not being addressed by anyone.  Building a £500m stadium is not going to add £500m on to Everton’s value For Moshiri to make his money back.  It’s going to hamper the team as they won’t have as much money to spend on transfers because of repayments.  They aren’t going to massively increase their match day income to cover it either.  The whole thing is just mental and I honestly can’t wait for it to come crashing down now just to see what all these complete idiots say in response.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ahem

 

Leylo

Leylo

Player Valuation: £950k
Always pisses me off ,on the pitch ye defo improvement needed, but on this side they're gonna nail it ,the other shower across the park are willing us to fall flat on our face .why because were gonna have a home to die for ,come on let's get excited instead of kopites saying ha not happening. Well it is and it will piss all over yours.doom and gloom people now is the time to stop ffs.
 
Eggsyblueskin

Eggsyblueskin

Player Valuation: £35m
Are you 100% sure the clubs got the money, EFC didn't have it going into this pandemic and viewing it logically there has to less chance now?

Well all I can say to you is the people I have spoken to have no concerns about getting paid hence they have committed themselves and their workforce to it . These are very savvy people with many , many years of experience in the construction industry and have been around long enough to spot a snide project.
I have personally never been involved in a project which seems to be as advanced as this one is which subsequently failed to complete.
I don’t have an empirical knowledge of Everton’s finances I’m afraid. However I do know a certain Mr. Usmanov publically stated he would be delighted to help out his friend and business partner Mr. Moshiri at Everton, which amounts to having a pretty powerful underwriter for the project at the very least.

 

 

Eggsyblueskin

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm not a financier and I don't have EFC's accounts to hand either, but a fact I can state with confidence is that financial institutions are because of the pandemic doubly cautious about loaning and the rates will be higher. We weren't finding it easy before this pandemic to get a loan at reasonable rates, what must it be like now?

As for Usmanov? There's hell of a lot of rumour going around and I don't know what's true. I base what I've said on Moshiri's ability to get blood from a stone (bank).

All I can reiterate to you is that I have personally spoken with people who have already committed their firms and workforce to this project and are already preparing to commence work the moment they are given the go ahead. This would not be happening if the finance was not assured.
Whether you believe me is up to you.
The Usmanov comment I referenced was not a rumour but a direct quote from an interview which appeared in the Financial Times (If I recall correctly) fairly recently.
As for financial institutions being cautious ,all I can say is the construction industry seems to be finding the money at present judging by the amount of new projects we are currently being invited to tender for on top of the work we already have.
Not only will this happen , it already is happening.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, The Guest said:

Exactly which could happen at any time so what are all these people and resources doing at the moment?  The same thing they would be doing if it all fell through is the answer.  It’s just batshit logic.

 

The planning approval will obviously go through.  Why wouldn’t it when you’re essentially spending loads of money on the local economy to build a stadium on wasteland?  There’s literally no reason it wouldn’t.

 

The reason why it’s still up in the air as anyone with any unbiased critical thought in their brain will tell you is because nobody has got a clue how they will afford it.  Any time this is brought up they all just keep saying there is too much money to be made by everyone for it not to happen.  Yes all of these builders etc will make money but where do Everton or Moshiri make the money to actually pay everyone.  It’s still not being addressed by anyone.  Building a £500m stadium is not going to add £500m on to Everton’s value For Moshiri to make his money back.  It’s going to hamper the team as they won’t have as much money to spend on transfers because of repayments.  They aren’t going to massively increase their match day income to cover it either.  The whole thing is just mental and I honestly can’t wait for it to come crashing down now just to see what all these complete idiots say in response.

They're mad. I don't know if planning permission is quite as clear as you say. I'm not saying it won't or shouldn't happen, but they still need to get 52k people in and out with 1 road to do it. That needs to be paid for somehow as I'm guessing infrastructure needs improving and the council don't have the money. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ahem

 

Leylo

Leylo

Player Valuation: £950k
Always pisses me off ,on the pitch ye defo improvement needed, but on this side they're gonna nail it ,the other shower across the park are willing us to fall flat on our face .why because were gonna have a home to die for ,come on let's get excited instead of kopites saying ha not happening. Well it is and it will piss all over yours.doom and gloom people now is the time to stop ffs.
 
Eggsyblueskin

Eggsyblueskin

Player Valuation: £35m
Are you 100% sure the clubs got the money, EFC didn't have it going into this pandemic and viewing it logically there has to less chance now?

Well all I can say to you is the people I have spoken to have no concerns about getting paid hence they have committed themselves and their workforce to it . These are very savvy people with many , many years of experience in the construction industry and have been around long enough to spot a snide project.
I have personally never been involved in a project which seems to be as advanced as this one is which subsequently failed to complete.
I don’t have an empirical knowledge of Everton’s finances I’m afraid. However I do know a certain Mr. Usmanov publically stated he would be delighted to help out his friend and business partner Mr. Moshiri at Everton, which amounts to having a pretty powerful underwriter for the project at the very least.

 

 

Eggsyblueskin

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm not a financier and I don't have EFC's accounts to hand either, but a fact I can state with confidence is that financial institutions are because of the pandemic doubly cautious about loaning and the rates will be higher. We weren't finding it easy before this pandemic to get a loan at reasonable rates, what must it be like now?

As for Usmanov? There's hell of a lot of rumour going around and I don't know what's true. I base what I've said on Moshiri's ability to get blood from a stone (bank).

All I can reiterate to you is that I have personally spoken with people who have already committed their firms and workforce to this project and are already preparing to commence work the moment they are given the go ahead. This would not be happening if the finance was not assured.
Whether you believe me is up to you.
The Usmanov comment I referenced was not a rumour but a direct quote from an interview which appeared in the Financial Times (If I recall correctly) fairly recently.
As for financial institutions being cautious ,all I can say is the construction industry seems to be finding the money at present judging by the amount of new projects we are currently being invited to tender for on top of the work we already have.
Not only will this happen , it already is happening.

 

 

Brilliant. Some bloke that probably works for a building company that puts extensions and conservatory's on to semi detached houses, has the inside knowledge as to how Everton will find £500 million

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My favourite how-we'll-pay-for-it yarn was how the council would borrow the money at lower rates then pocket the difference. When it was put to them that, if it were that simple to get access to the necessary credit, it would make more sense for Everton to just borrow the money themselves and pocket most of the difference that would have otherwise gone to the council, the response was they wanted to give something back to the city. Truly Class and Dignity FC. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Bjornebye said:

Ahem

 

Leylo

Leylo

Player Valuation: £950k
Always pisses me off ,on the pitch ye defo improvement needed, but on this side they're gonna nail it ,the other shower across the park are willing us to fall flat on our face .why because were gonna have a home to die for ,come on let's get excited instead of kopites saying ha not happening. Well it is and it will piss all over yours.doom and gloom people now is the time to stop ffs.
 
Eggsyblueskin

Eggsyblueskin

Player Valuation: £35m
Are you 100% sure the clubs got the money, EFC didn't have it going into this pandemic and viewing it logically there has to less chance now?

Well all I can say to you is the people I have spoken to have no concerns about getting paid hence they have committed themselves and their workforce to it . These are very savvy people with many , many years of experience in the construction industry and have been around long enough to spot a snide project.
I have personally never been involved in a project which seems to be as advanced as this one is which subsequently failed to complete.
I don’t have an empirical knowledge of Everton’s finances I’m afraid. However I do know a certain Mr. Usmanov publically stated he would be delighted to help out his friend and business partner Mr. Moshiri at Everton, which amounts to having a pretty powerful underwriter for the project at the very least.

 

 

Eggsyblueskin

Player Valuation: £35m
I'm not a financier and I don't have EFC's accounts to hand either, but a fact I can state with confidence is that financial institutions are because of the pandemic doubly cautious about loaning and the rates will be higher. We weren't finding it easy before this pandemic to get a loan at reasonable rates, what must it be like now?

As for Usmanov? There's hell of a lot of rumour going around and I don't know what's true. I base what I've said on Moshiri's ability to get blood from a stone (bank).

All I can reiterate to you is that I have personally spoken with people who have already committed their firms and workforce to this project and are already preparing to commence work the moment they are given the go ahead. This would not be happening if the finance was not assured.
Whether you believe me is up to you.
The Usmanov comment I referenced was not a rumour but a direct quote from an interview which appeared in the Financial Times (If I recall correctly) fairly recently.
As for financial institutions being cautious ,all I can say is the construction industry seems to be finding the money at present judging by the amount of new projects we are currently being invited to tender for on top of the work we already have.
Not only will this happen , it already is happening.

 

 

Do they think Usmanov got very rich by giving his money for free to friends to fund their pet projects? Whether or not Usmanov does or doesnt fund this, whoever does will be doing it to make money and not just to help a mate out.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I'm getting from this is that Everton have deffo, 100% got all the finances in place, they've just never deemed that fact important enough to merit a press release. 

 

I'm also getting that major construction projects that advance as far as *checks notes* getting stuff together in preparation for a planning submission are always completed on time and to budget.

 

This is happening and my head"s falling off - I'll have to go to the new Royal Hospital to get it stitched back on.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, AngryofTuebrook said:

What I'm getting from this is that Everton have deffo, 100% got all the finances in place, they've just never deemed that fact important enough to merit a press release. 

 

I'm also getting that major construction projects that advance as far as *checks notes* getting stuff together in preparation for a planning submission are always completed on time and to budget.

 

This is happening and my head"s falling off - I'll have to go to the new Royal Hospital to get it stitched back on.

You missed out the shitloads of trades just waiting to start the minute they get planning. Must be costing a fucking fortune tio have them sitting around doing fuck all as that is the only way they could get straight on it. They can’t take any other work on because, you know, planning permission imminent.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They are complete and utter loons.

 

If the stadium gets built and thats a big if they are under the impression that a brand new stadium will catapult them to the top of english and European football where every top player will want to play and the power shift will be complete. 

 

I think they need to take a look at the clubs in England that have built new stadiums and see how thats turned out. 

 

Spurs have the best ground in the country and one of the best in Europe and they are still an utter joke due to the people running it. 

 

There are going to alot of fans coming back down to earth from planet blueshite with a massive bang. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×