You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Who do you hate more?  

168 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you hate more?

• man u
    • chelsea

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

problem with Everton, especially for those whove never lived in Merseyside will think, yeah there not a bad club, they do ok.

but when you live and work with the supporters, you'll soon tire of them.

come to Liverpool the day after Liverpool have lost a game, youll see plenty of Everton shirts around the city.

They're an irritance, but they'll never be on a par with us, so they're kind of irrelevant in rivalry terms imo. Us and the mancs is a different show altogether.

what they've achieved is very impressive but i dont feel any need to show them respect for achieving it.

...is the correct answer.

The reason I even asked the question is because of the fact I have only been supporting Liverpool for about 5 years now. When you look at just the last 5 years with all the times we got stuck playing chelsea in the champions league. It just seems like we have had to compete with them more then united. Those Mourinho v Benitez years were great.

For instance the first leg that was at home when we were winning then Riise decided to try and head the ball instead of kick it out of play and got the own goal. Well in the next leg we got knocked out and how different would it have been if they didn't get that away goal, just always pissed me off. Plus im from the states, suprisingly chelsea fans out number liverpool supporters 4 to 1 in bars. So for my personal life the rivalry just always seems a little more fierce here between the chelsea supporters then the united supporters

Who did you support before?

and where the hell do you live?

I live in Dallas, TX. I wasn't into football before the 06 world cup. After that I started watching videos on youtube and kept seeing Stevie G pop up and some of the great things he's done. So that year I started watching Liverpool and haven't stopped since.

I also loathe Gooner fans. It's like some cruel cosmic irony, that the fans who least deserve to see good football now get it all the time. They spend all their time taunting the opposing fans instead of celebrating their own team's play. It's maddening. Deep down they're still George Graham's people - the way they shout 'hoof' even when a goalkeeper kicks the ball sums up their boneheaded stupidity. Classless fans watching classy football.

You'll have a rep coming along from RiS sometime soon. Keep an eye.

Our two biggest rivals has to be the mancs and the blueshite...the chavs are just a shit club that got loads of money pumped into it..no history or tradition...the chavs are by far the most annoying and cocky club in London!!! The blueshite are a horrible, bitter club and having to share a great city like Liverpool with them is a right pain in the arse. Their fans are obsessed with us, forever singing about us when we're not playing them....However, our biggest rivals will always be the mancs....Their holier than thou fans...waving the s#n...they come with rubbish like" LFC have never won the Premiership". As much as I despise Rooney, it winds them up when you say that their best player is a scouser....they hate that!!!!Their always banging on about everyone in Liverpool been on the rob...even though the crime rate is higher in Manchester...A vile club and vile fans..Come on Redmen lets hammer them on the 6th of March!!!!!

I live in Dallas, TX. I wasn't into football before the 06 world cup. After that I started watching videos on youtube and kept seeing Stevie G pop up and some of the great things he's done. So that year I started watching Liverpool and haven't stopped since.

Fair enough, good choice then.

But the Chelsea fans comments was surprising, I actually only know two people who are Chelsea fans I can think of.

One who used to go to my pub and one I play football with apart from those two no one I can think of during my 30+ years being involved in and with football.

Why the fuck would anyone want to support Chelsea?

lol wish i knew the answer, its just like whats happening with city, people in the states are just now getting more into it and following the clubs with big $$$. I'll take a picture of teh pub i go to next time we play both chels or manure. you'll be shaking your head

plus another a little gripe i do have. Liverpool never show up in the states they are always in asia or east europe. chels, barca, united, inter, ac milan.. they have all come (some multiple times) to the USA so that probably does make a big difference.. christ west ham came to play the mls allstar team a few years back

Your just bitter that you can't sue in the US aren't you Tom?

Guest ShoePiss
plus another a little gripe i do have. Liverpool never show up in the states they are always in asia or east europe. chels, barca, united, inter, ac milan.. they have all come (some multiple times) to the USA so that probably does make a big difference.. christ west ham came to play the mls allstar team a few years back

Well unfortunately for you they last visited USA a couple of years before you had any interest.

Personally I'd prefer it if they used pre-season to get ready for the new season instead of chasing cash but with the corporation like desire to keep growing it's unavoidable.

Incidentally the US market is worth peanuts in comparison to the Asian market and I don't see it changing too much in the near to medium term. I think the TV record for a premier league game is 500,000 viewers on ESPN and around 400k on FSC. The numbers just aren't there, I don't have figures for Asia to hand but I'm certain there's more than that watching Liverpool games on TV in Asia.

PS. Don't call them chels, it's far too endearing. Just call them chelsea, chavs, roman's rent boys etc.

A lad I go the match with is good mates with a few Arsenal fans that stems from staying in the same hotel as them for the 2001 FA Cup Final in Cardiff and whilst he says that they're decent lads, he also maintains that they've got some seriously bizarre views on the game; such as the fact that they honestly think there's a conspiracy to stop them from winning the League, citing the recent Diaby sending off against Newcastle as further proof of this.

Yeah, because you're a cert to blow a 4-0 lead with half an hour to go when you've got ten man, aren't you?

All football fans are like that. We're all paranoid.

As much as I passionately hate the mancs beyond any team in this universe I have to say I do respect Ryan giggs. I've never heard him ever say a bad word against us, and to be playing football and being one of their better players at his age is pretty amazing.

he's also a woman-beater.

and a cunt obviously.

As much as I passionately hate the mancs beyond any team in this universe I have to say I do respect Ryan giggs. I've never heard him ever say a bad word against us, and to be playing football and being one of their better players at his age is pretty amazing.

Him being one of their better players says more about the standard of the league and how bad they are than it does him, Im afraid.

I have little or no respect for Chelsea. They've bought success through privately-invested money. I certainly don't like them- I think they're a little beneath us to be honest. I can't say I care enough to hate them, no one kicks a dead dog and I'd rather spend my energy elsewhere.

United on the other hand are very worthy of respect. A real rival that's contributed significantly to our rivalry. Fergie's a ****. They're arrogant, winners through and through, riding out a perilous financial situation and consistently excellent. Is there a team more worthy of my hatred? I've yet to come across one. To quote Keegan, 'I'd love it if we beat them (on March 6), love it!'

Before Chelsea started doing their "USA" summers, going to the pub for a match v. Chelsea would involve around 4-5 Chelsea supporters, who were actually from the area, and about 50 years old... and about 40+ Liverpool supporters from all over the place.

I think I'd be dreading a pub full of plastic Chelsea supporters (which is, oddly, fitting... considering) all trying to talk about 'soccer' if I move back to Canada.

Could you do us a favour - nip round to Fat Tom's house and do a shit on his doorstep, then stick a card in it saying "With love from the Internet Terrorists at TLW... you Thundercunt."

Cheers.