You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

Aka Lucas, Spearing and maybe even Scot Parker?

Yeah, but ideally I'd just want us to buy a proper holding midfielder in the classic mould of Vieira; tough, imposing, decent touch, great in the tackle etc, mobile, good passer.

Having that player screening the defence would allow the likes of Ming and Stevie to attack freely.

I know that finding "the next Vieira" isn't easy, but someone like him would be good. I miss us having a nasty fucker who gives us a bit bite and snarl.

Lucas has played far better this season, but he's not good enough and never will be. Neither him nor Spearing nor Shelvey should be in our first XI next season.

Yeah, but ideally I'd just want us to buy a proper holding midfielder in the classic mould of Vieira; tough, imposing, decent touch, great in the tackle etc, mobile, good passer.

Having that player screening the defence would allow the likes of Ming and Stevie to attack freely.

I know that finding "the next Vieira" isn't easy, but someone like him would be good. I miss us having a nasty fucker who gives us a bit bite and snarl.

Lucas has played far better this season, but he's not good enough and never will be. Neither him nor Spearing nor Shelvey should be in our first XI next season.

Agreed, except the "Lucas shouldn't be in the 1st team next season" bit. But I think for this summer window, we should prioritise elsewhere. We need a LB for sure, a CB as we need to get rid of the Greek.

We also need 2 or 3 attacking players at least with pace.

For that reason, I think and hope we get someone like Adam and spend the real money on those positions. And look at a top defensive midfielder in January or next summer.

Hmm, that would be a DM in the mould of Alonso then, although Adam isn't as good, and plays further forward, and has little or no defensive aptitude.

Adam really does need a team built around him. He has a lovely passing range and good football brain, but hes's another player that - even more than Alonso - would require someone else to do all of the tackling and running for him.

Then we're going to be pretty unbalanced.

I agree with you both, I wasn't suggesting he is the answer, I was suggesting what I think the reasoning behind signing him is, but I do agree it is wrong.

I'm going off Young, if he wanted to come to us I'd be happy to have him but I think he'd be happy to go to which ever top club is willing to pay him the most.

The thing I want most is motivated players, players who want to play for us and are desperate to win. The thing we need most is a motivated squad who are together.

I simply don't see where Adam fits in. I'm no tactical genius, mind but it seems a waste of money on a player to fill a position where we already have two superior players. And yet we still have no width or pace.

We better fill the wide positions this summer or I'm going to crack some skulls.

I would be happy with Gerrard, Lucas and Raul with Adam, Parker and Speo to call on when needed.

We need to spend the big money elsewhere in the team. We need a new CB and LB to tighten the defense and some attackers to try and win more games.

No way will we sign two players like Adam and Parker to be used a call upon when needed players. Clarke said himself we need two or three players. And I don't Think it will be two CM.

Every "journo" who uses twitter should be gang-raped by a mob of rabid Bob Woodward zombie clones with bad AIDS.

What's the difference between Twitter or a website or facebook or a newspaper or an email or a letter or a fax? They are all just forms of communication.

I don't use Twitter myself but the hatred towards from some is irrational.

No way will we sign two players like Adam and Parker to be used a call upon when needed players. Clarke said himself we need two or three players. And I don't Think it will be two CM.

Yes, you are right. I didn't mean to say we will sign both Adam and Parker. I was going to say Gerrard/Raul/Lucas to start with Adam/Parker and Speo to call on when needed.

But yeah, can't see us signing two central midfielders. We don't need two this season anyway. Our priorities should be elsewhere.

What's the difference between Twitter or a website or facebook or a newspaper or an email or a letter or a fax? They are all just forms of communication.

I don't use Twitter myself but the hatred towards from some is irrational.

Was talking about journalists, not Facebook or a fax. There's a huge difference between (genuine) newspapers and the "type what I hear ASAP"-style of Twitter.

Also, I thought my post was highly rational :whistle:

I hope United do sign Young.

I've never seen him have a good game and honestly believe he is another of these players that the media have hyped beyond his ability due to him being English.

He's a poorer player than any of Nani, Valencia or Park and I'd be delighted if he was playing ahead of any two of them.

Yes, you are right. I didn't mean to say we will sign both Adam and Parker. I was going to say Gerrard/Raul/Lucas to start with Adam/Parker and Speo to call on when needed.

But yeah, can't see us signing two central midfielders. We don't need two this season anyway. Our priorities should be elsewhere.

Yeah I'm with you now. I thought you meant we would sign two players for CM.

Some ITK on RAWK said that Young deal is not going to happen and Mata is first choice followed by Downing. I don't know where this Morrisey chap is getting his info from.

Is hat the same ITK (thommo) and many others who got the team wong yesterday

these ITK's know fuck all

i will tell you now that talks went well with young, he is defo leaving (hence the exaggerated applause to all 4 corners of ground) depends on man u wage offer. young will be an LFC player unless Pisshead guarantees him 1st team place

Is hat the same ITK (thommo) and many others who got the team wong yesterday

these ITK's know fuck all

i will tell you now that talks went well with young, he is defo leaving (hence the exaggerated applause to all 4 corners of ground) depends on man u wage offer. young will be an LFC player unless Pisshead guarantees him 1st team place

Yes, he's bound to ask Baconface for a guaranteed place in the first team, you hysterical bellend.