You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Summer 2011

Kopite Pete

So is Ian Ayre wrong when he says:

Is he telling fibs?

This says that we're paying £3m a year in interest.

You tell me. Is 100m minimal? If the owners pay that off then that is what I would call minimal. If they renew it then I wouldn't.

3m in interest is fine, but cost of financing is more than just interest. There is not a chance in hell we will pay just 3m servicing that level of debt. Arrangement fees alone will exceed that.

I think TTNBD has summed that up superbly and should have put peoples mind at rest.

You almost make it sound like the fact that we shortly have to pay back or refinance 50m secured on a figment of TH's imagination is a good thing. Their legacy lives on. No-one is saying we are going bankrupt but let's be realistic here. We are not free of them yet.

And as Tim said, "We are back to where we were in 2007". Which if I remember rightly was needing to sell to raise money to remain competitive.

FSG still have work to do to dig us out of this hole. If that means in the short-term they adopt a 2 in 2 out approach a) all power to them for taking a measured approach b) don't assume it's a stitch up. They have real constraints like two different stadium projects to pay for, etc.

You tell me. Is 100m minimal? If the owners pay that off then that is what I would call minimal. If they renew it then I wouldn't.

3m in interest is fine, but cost of financing is more than just interest. There is not a chance in hell we will pay just 3m servicing that level of debt. Arrangement fees alone will exceed that.

Dude our debt is in the 25-30 million range. Where did you get the 100 million figure from?

When people say we only need a couple signings, in relation to what? Being a top 4 team next season or challenging?

Because we sure as fuck aren't a couple signings away from challenging.

... You know just Enrique, Mata, and Young would have us challenging for the title, right?

We have one route at the moment, to go through our midfield, but no pressure outwide so it's easier to defeat.

United win based on having wide options and central options. It's hard to defend against both. Two wingers, and we've got wide options every match.

He's going off an article that has our last years accounts.

Even the 30 million debt we have is the stadium debt which will not come into UEFA fair play calculations.

Who charges 3 million interest on 100 million debt ffs? :wallbutt:

... You know just Enrique, Mata, and Young would have us challenging for the title, right?

We have one route at the moment, to go through our midfield, but no pressure outwide so it's easier to defeat.

United win based on having wide options and central options. It's hard to defend against both. Two wingers, and we've got wide options every match.

Agree.

We need midfield strength too. We got slaughtered by Spurs in the midfield last week. Though that may be because of playing only two in the midfield against them.

Even the 30 million debt we have is the stadium debt which will not come into UEFA fair play calculations.

Who charges 3 million interest on 100 million debt ffs? :wallbutt:

Stadium debt alone is 47m. Where are you getting your #s from?

Guest Numero Veinticinco
You tell me.

I can't tell you, because I'm not privy to the information I'd need to make that call. I doubt anybody on here is.

Is 100m minimal?

I think 'does it exist' is probably more important.

If the owners pay that off then that is what I would call minimal. If they renew it then I wouldn't.

So you're saying he's telling lies? Are you judging this solely on last year's accounts or do you have other solid information that proves they're telling fibs?

This is a transfer thread FFS. I realise budget and debt have some relevance but this is not the thread for a full on discussion.

It's absolutely burnt my head out, I come on here to look at any transfer articles posted and I've got to read all this bollocks about accounts. Go and dig up a finance thread if you all want to argue about that shite now