You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy hodgson new West brom manager

LFC 6 Times

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exclusive - Hodgson: ‘We won’t stay up playing like Barcelona’ | talkSPORT

Roy Hodgson has warned his West Brom players that they must improve defensively if they are to stay in the Premier League this season.

The Baggies threw away a three goal advantage against West Ham on Saturday to leave themselves just three points off the bottom.

Hodgson was just a spectator of that match though and has backed his new team to beat the drop but only if they stop conceding so many goals.

“You have to do better defensively if you want to survive in this league, you can’t do it the Barcelona way i.e. we’ll score 6 and you score as many as you can!”Roy Hodgson

He said: “I’m delighted to be here, it wasn’t really my intention to come back into football immediately but I thought this opportunity really was too good to miss and if I had of said no then it would have passed me by.

“I’m looking forward to what is a very tough 12 games but there are a few of us down there in the same boat so lets hope we can be the lucky ones.

“I’ve only done one training session but from what I’ve seen from the players they seem very good, I can only hope that the time will be sufficient for us to be able to improve our players as a team. You have to do better defensively if you want to survive in this league, you can’t do it the Barcelona way i.e. we’ll score 6 and you score as many as you can!

“We’ve got to get better defensively, we’ve got some very good attacking players at the club and to become a better team, whether you’re Manchester United or you’re a team like ourselves at the bottom, to win games you’ve got to attack well and defend well.

"We'll still try and do playing the way that the fans want us to play though and hopefully that will good enough for us.

They were doing alright trying to emulate Barca under Di Matteo. The man should have negativity as his middle name.

He's only been there a couple of days and he's already having sly digs at the previous manager. He's a grade a fuck nut.

EDIT: He had us playing like the old Wimbledon, yet we still shipped goals.

Roy Hodgson is the signing of the season | Simon Rice | Independent Editor's choice Blogs

Hodgson had a dreadful time at Liverpool and was out the door by ‘mutual consent’ little over six months after walking into Anfield. Recent results on Merseyside (and one in particular at Stamford Bridge) have conspired to suggest Roy Hodgson wasn’t getting the best out of the Liverpool team. Yet I maintain, as I have written before, Hodgson is a special manager and given more time would have had the ability to turn things around. In any case, he wasn’t given that chance.

I concur, his career win ratio of 43.19% marks him out as one of the game's very finest.

Just got back from holiday & picked up the Daily Mirror at Liverpool Airport to be greeeted with the headline ' Roy: I have no magic wand for Baggies' & while it would be nice to think it was an impish rejoinder to this website's owner for his recent blog, I suspect it is another example of 'Don't blame me guv' from an acknowledged master of the art.