You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Roy hodgson new West brom manager

LFC 6 Times

• Replies 528
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the fact that for months on end we were told He needs time, to buy the players he wants, the players arn't playing for him, the squad isn't good enough...bla...bla...bla fucking bla.

No high profile journalists (bar pro-liverpool journos) in the media have addressed the point that his tactics were absolutely fucking dreadful and Barcelona would have struggled to win games under his shite football philosophy.

Nor have they addressed the same group of players Hodgson claimed "No one could get any more out of" have fucking blossomed under Kenny into a team that look like they could beat anyone in the league right now.

The journos who only a few months ago were saying that we had shit players and that we deserved to be where we were have now changed tack and are using the line "he never had a chance here because those nasty scousers wouldn't support him once he was chosen over Kenny." It's not because he's an average manager with an average record and outmoded ways of thinking, it's that he was "the wrong man at the wrong time." Complete bollocks, obviously, but I suppose they have to find some way of rationalising their own lack of insight.

I love the fact that for months on end we were told He needs time, to buy the players he wants, the players arn't playing for him, the squad isn't good enough...bla...bla...bla fucking bla.

No high profile journalists (bar pro-liverpool journos) in the media have addressed the point that his tactics were absolutely fucking dreadful and Barcelona would have struggled to win games under his shite football philosophy.

Nor have they addressed the same group of players Hodgson claimed "No one could get any more out of" have fucking blossomed under Kenny into a team that look like they could beat anyone in the league right now.

Exactly!

I was making the exact same point after the Wolves match. It`s amazing how Kenny only needed 2-3 matches (despite hime beeing out of the game for more than a decade) to put his print on the side, while Roy ( with his amazing 35 year track record) and his media buds kept in drumming that 6 months was too little time to have the team playing like he wanted too.

My dad was a WBA fan when he was alive, so i`ll always have a soft spot for them, so it`s very irritating that after Roy ruining our season, will finish the job at WBA as well.

If there is a football god ( other than robbie obviously ) Alex will have his pal Roy replacing him at OT soon.

He's a self-serving, arrogant fraud who hung on to ensure he got the maximum payout possible.

He blamed Benitez for everything, insulted the fans who wanted the Cancers removed from the club and mocked the King himself ("he had no chance of getting the job").

I find it hilarious on here that the one's making excuses for him and wishing him luck are the same one's who are the most vociferous in their hatred of Rafa.

So let me get this right.

A manager who gave us some of our greatest nights, won the European and FA Cup's in the most exciting way possible, understood the honour of managing Liverpool, got "us" (the fans) & made us feared throughout the World is thought less of than a long-ball merchant who managed to p*ss off the likes of Torres & Agger, insult the fans, ridicule King Kenny, play some of the worst football ever seen at Anfield (and I include the Souness era), suck up to Ferguson, and make us a laughing stock?

The King has won more trophies than Hodgson has won away games, yet Hodgson thought he "shouldn't have applied for the job as he had no chance." The reason the King applied for the job is he knew how utterly clueless and incompetent you are. Even at his lowest point, the 1991 version of Kenny struggling to cope with the aftermath of Hillsborough, is a million times better than Hodgson.

In short. F*ck him, f*ck his methods, f*ck his arrogance, f*ck his cosying up to the LMA and Ferguson - in general just f*ck off.

Kenny Dalglish is the living embodiment of the Supreme Being in my opinion. He gets us, he knows how to win and he knows how to play the type of football that everyone wants to see.

So West Brom sack a young and promising manager in Di Matteo and then hire an old has been who failed abysmally at our club and was our worst manager in our entire history?

I hope the cunts get relegated.

And where is the LMA to complain about the sacking of a young & promising manager on Di Matteo?

Oh, he's not British even though he played much of his career here.

He's a self-serving, arrogant fraud who hung on to ensure he got the maximum payout possible.

He blamed Benitez for everything, insulted the fans who wanted the Cancers removed from the club and mocked the King himself ("he had no chance of getting the job").

I find it hilarious on here that the one's making excuses for him and wishing him luck are the same one's who are the most vociferous in their hatred of Rafa.

So let me get this right.

A manager who gave us some of our greatest nights, won the European and FA Cup's in the most exciting way possible, understood the honour of managing Liverpool, got "us" (the fans) & made us feared throughout the World is thought less of than a long-ball merchant who managed to p*ss off the likes of Torres & Agger, insult the fans, ridicule King Kenny, play some of the worst football ever seen at Anfield (and I include the Souness era), suck up to Ferguson, and make us a laughing stock?

The King has won more trophies than Hodgson has won away games, yet Hodgson thought he "shouldn't have applied for the job as he had no chance." The reason the King applied for the job is he knew how utterly clueless and incompetent you are. Even at his lowest point, the 1991 version of Kenny struggling to cope with the aftermath of Hillsborough, is a million times better than Hodgson.

In short. F*ck him, f*ck his methods, f*ck his arrogance, f*ck his cosying up to the LMA and Ferguson - in general just f*ck off.

Kenny Dalglish is the living embodiment of the Supreme Being in my opinion. He gets us, he knows how to win and he knows how to play the type of football that everyone wants to see.

Agree with all of that but playing devil's advocate, he never got a fair shot here given the job he walked into and WBA are the kind of club he could not only keep up but have overachieving. Di Matteo's style of football was clearly too big for WBA, as was the other lad who had them playing and got sacked (can't remember his name now). They clearly would rather look shit and get more points short term. No skin off my nose.

Agree with all of that but playing devil's advocate, he never got a fair shot here given the job he walked into and WBA are the kind of club he could not only keep up but have overachieving. Di Matteo's style of football was clearly too big for WBA, as was the other lad who had them playing and got sacked (can't remember his name now). They clearly would rather look shit and get more points short term. No skin off my nose.

Blackburn gave him "enough time" mate, and look what happened to them.

We had to act otherwise, we'd be visiting Pride Park and not Old Trafford next season.

And where is the LMA to complain about the sacking of a young & promising manager on Di Matteo?

Oh, he's not British even though he played much of his career here.

Too fucking right. Didn't see your post above mine. Top post mate. Sums up all my sentiments about him.

At the end of the day, the man totally disrespected and insulted our club and the fans, so for those two reasons alone, he can fuck off.

Edited by 1892-LFCWasBorn

I dont feel any vitriol towards Hodgson,he was just totally out of his depth and never 'got' what this club was and is all about.

The major difference between his regime and Kenny's was that although Kenny's first couple of games were a bit rocky,he had the sense to see that the team needed to change its shape and also the way it played a little bit and Kenny was humble and flexible enough to not insist 'its my way or no way' and built a shape to suit the players available and not the other way round.

I wish him luck but fear for WBA because Di Matteo was making them a very good team to watch while Hodgson will make them the polar opposite.

Guest davelfc

WBA 3-0 up at half time, couldn't believe it until I realised that of course roy doesn't take over until the next game. But I did hear he went into the changing rooms at half time and gave them a pep talk. Anyone know the final score?

WBA 3-0 up at half time, couldn't believe it until I realised that of course roy doesn't take over until the next game. But I did hear he went into the changing rooms at half time and gave them a pep talk. Anyone know the final score?

Is this real? Would be hilarious if true.