You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What should the club do over Torres?

Randy Marsh

What should the club do over Fernando Torres?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What should the club do over Fernando Torres?

• Sell him now, no one is bigger than the club
    • Keep him, make him play out the season and sell him on our terms next summer

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Keep him until the summer and start a bidding war between the likes of City,Chelsea,Barca,Madrid and even United,

There's nothing to be gained in selling him in this window,I wouldn't take a fuckin penny less than £50m

Agree.

Tho not Utd, and i really doubt he'd go to Madrid, if it's Real you are talking about.

Think Inter and Milan could get involved in the summer too.

Keep him until the summer and start a bidding war between the likes of City,Chelsea,Barca,Madrid and even United,

There's nothing to be gained in selling him in this window,I wouldn't take a fuckin penny less than £50m

Is pretty much spot on, forcing him to stay till summer will get us an extra 20% by forcing a bid war between the "bigger" clubs around europe . Then we can sound out the likes of Aguero and Benzema, preferably both .

Alternatively, sell him to Havant and Waterloo for a tenner .

Guest davelfc

If he's is prepared to treat us in this way, knowing we have very little time to use any of the money we would get now and knowing how hard the rest of the season will be without him. Then keep him until the summer and treat him the same.

As others have pointed out we can sell on our terms for a lot more money. If he sulks then bench him, it will do him more harm than us.

We simply can't cripple our already poor season by allowing this petulant child to get his way.

I'm firmly in the camp of hanging onto him until the summer; hopefully Man City, and the usual Spanish teams will come back sniffing, and we can screw their eyes out after a bidding war...or better still, a good end to this season might see Torres change his mind and want to stay on.

Anyway, if the club does decide to cash in now, is it too late to replace Torres with 2 or 3 really good front players ?

Lukaku, Young, N'Zogbia, Arda Turan etc etc

If so, then tough shit Torres.

I'm firmly in the camp of hanging onto him until the summer; hopefully Man City, and the usual Spanish teams will come back sniffing, and we can screw their eyes out after a bidding war...or better still, a good end to this season might see Torres change his mind and want to stay on.

Anyway, if the club does decide to cash in now, is it too late to replace Torres with 2 or 3 really good front players ?

Lukaku, Young, N'Zogbia, Arda Turan etc etc

If so, then tough shit Torres.

Way too late.

Will Torres be forgiven if he pulls back his TR, appologises, claiming it was an act of desperation to force the club into a positive Suarez decision? And explaints this idea was brought into life based on the last transferwindows gone by without any real improvement to the squad? Or do we all hate him now what ever the finale result of this torture weekend is?

Guest davelfc
Will Torres be forgiven if he pulls back his TR, appologises, claiming it was an act of desperation to force the club into a positive Suarez decision? And explaints this idea was brought into life based on the last transferwindows gone by without any real improvement to the squad? Or do we all hate him now what ever the finale result of this torture weekend is?

I think we all support Liverpool, those that don't mean little to me. Our legends have proved their loyalty over the years and get the treatment they deserve, as do our traitors.

Will Torres be forgiven if he pulls back his TR, appologises, claiming it was an act of desperation to force the club into a positive Suarez decision?

If that were going to happen, it already would have. There was what 7 hours? between the Suarez deal being announced and the transfer request - so ample time to pull it back. And now the clock has tick tocked right past a further 24 hours. At this point Gerrard had already had his change of heart, arranged to sign the new contract and pose for the happy snappies. And he was not forgiven by everyone straight away and still hasn't been by some.

Sorry but Torres is beyond the timeframe when that particular fantasy could still be clung too.

The thing that ranckles with me is all the positive stuff Torres has come out with in the past about loving Liverpool, 'i want my kids to have scouse accents' etc etc. Also it's only a week or two ago he came out and said how committed he is to turning it around here. Now he's just shit on all the fans who have idolised him even when he's spent 3/4 of the season so far playing utter shite.

From the clubs point of view if they have not got a repacement lined him I'd tell him to fuck off and either play in the 1st team and play for a move in the summer and if he sulks play him in the Ressies for the rest of the season. There is no point selling him to Chelsea and just having the money sitting in the bank. I'd rather they made an example of him and then offload in the summer where you can guarantee City will outbid Chelsea for him hence we get more money.

The thing that is bothering me now is that there has been no word from anyone at the club - owners or Kenny - just an official statement with no names attached.In this day and age the media has plenty of opportunities to speak to managers,players etc but the silence coming out of Anfield speaks for itself. I think it is nailed on that he has gone.I just hope everyone else istoo busy trying to line up his relacement to talk to the press.

Dont sell him, especially not to Chelsea. We are the ones with the power in this situation force him to stay unhappy or not even if he wont play. We cant replace this window so why should we give chelsea a massive boost. They love the fact they our taking our top signing more than the fact they are improving their side. Fuck them.

We cant seem to get a break recently.