You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

What should the club do over Torres?

Randy Marsh

What should the club do over Fernando Torres?  

300 members have voted

1. 1. What should the club do over Fernando Torres?

• Sell him now, no one is bigger than the club
    • Keep him, make him play out the season and sell him on our terms next summer

Who cares? Most people on here have made up their minds. It was like they were waiting for something to happen so they could vent. Same people who were on his back during Roys tenure.

Hang him.

Why should it make any difference if he did put the request in before the Suarez deal? Does that somehow make him an innocent party in your eyes? He is a twat whichever way you look at it.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should it make any difference if he did put the request in before the Suarez deal? Does that somehow make him an innocent party in your eyes? He is a twat whichever way you look at it.

Let's hold the backlash until he has his say. It was a twattish move indeed by him but if he's prepared to take it back then fine. Let's move on. I do sympathise with the point that FSG have been moving a bit too slow for his and our own liking.

We should never hold footballers in too high regard as they're able to pull off stunts like these but let's see if there's any clarity over the next couple days.

It's just the timing of it all that has led me to believe something's not quite right.

On another note; These calls for him to be replaced by nomarks like Kalou and Sturridge is fucking ridiculous. Money (£50m+) or nothing.

Let's hold the backlash until he has his say. It was a twattish move indeed by him but if he's prepared to take it back then fine. Let's move on. I do sympathise with the point that FSG have been moving a bit too slow for his and our own liking.

We should never hold footballers in too high regard as they're able to pull off stunts like these but let's see if there's any clarity over the next couple days.

It's just the timing of it all that has led me to believe something's not quite right.

On another note; These calls for him to be replaced by nomarks like Kalou and Sturridge is fucking ridiculous. Money (£50m+) or nothing.

I don't get that 'FSG have been moving a but too slow' they have been here three months and as having to do a he'll of a lot of work to rebuild, and that needed to start of the field.

Just because they haven't been throwing money out willy nilly doesn't mean they ate moving slowly.

People need to take a step back and have some patience, transfer dealings prior to Jan were of less importance than getting the structures. And frameworks in place for a good solid foundation for us to rebuild on.

Oh as for Torres, shithouse trick putting in a request when he did, there is no need for him to be impatient and hanker for a move at this time, he's under contract, Chelsea won't win the league or the CL so it's a pointless move at this time.

I'm disappointed more than anything, understanding him wanting to win things, and as much as I have not forgotten Gerrard's two flirtations with them, Torres could learn a thing or two from Gerrard in making hasty decisions.

The grass is never greener on the other side when it cones to Liverpool Football Club, just ask Michael Owen.

Let's get the money guaranteed in the summer and scope out the players to bring in with that money. He owes the club till at least the summer, considering he has a contact.

I don't get that 'FSG have been moving a but too slow' they have been here three months and as having to do a he'll of a lot of work to rebuild, and that needed to start of the field.

Just because they haven't been throwing money out willy nilly doesn't mean they ate moving slowly.

People need to take a step back and have some patience, transfer dealings prior to Jan were of less importance than getting the structures. And frameworks in place for a good solid foundation for us to rebuild on.

Oh as for Torres, shithouse trick putting in a request when he did, there is no need for him to be impatient and hanker for a move at this time, he's under contract, Chelsea won't win the league or the CL so it's a pointless move at this time.

I'm disappointed more than anything, understanding him wanting to win things, and as much as I have not forgotten Gerrard's two flirtations with them, Torres could learn a thing or two from Gerrard in making hasty decisions.

The grass is never greener on the other side when it cones to Liverpool Football Club, just ask Michael Owen.

Let's get the money guaranteed in the summer and scope out the players to bring in with that money. He owes the club till at least the summer, considering he has a contact.

All we have to do is say no.

I keep seeing people comin out about how FSG have had to rebuild and had load to do behind the scenes which is why they have taken so long to make the Hodgeson decision and get the Suarez deal done, can someone tell me what all this unseen work is that they've supposedly been hampered with because I haven't seen anything of it? Genuine question.

I keep seeing people comin out about how FSG have had to rebuild and had load to do behind the scenes which is why they have taken so long to make the Hodgeson decision and get the Suarez deal done, can someone tell me what all this unseen work is that they've supposedly been hampered with because I haven't seen anything of it? Genuine question.

Appointing the right people on the board for starters, establishing the right direction for the club ensuring that they keep the traditions of the club so they won't be compromised. Taking over a multi million pound business that hast been working to it's full potential for nigh on twenty years is not something that can happen over night, especially if it is to grow over time.

I amylase they haven't started to throw money like City's owners did when they signed Robinho, it appeases the masses straight away and it also it sends out the wrong signals that it would be the norm.

Our history says we have a little more dignity than that. And I would expect the tan base to have learnt from our previous owners.

John Henry and his boys made no promises when they took over, they said they would let their actions do the talking. However impatience is getting the better of a lot of our fans right now. And I find it embarrassing myself.

If he's here at the end of the window. We need to let his song literally deafen him... Let's remind him why he wants to stay here.

I'll be really disappointed if he still wants to leave at the end of the season. I'd imagine that Kenny will do a brilliant job, we'll continue getting better, Luis will take some of the pressure off Fernando to score goals, and a a new CEO will outline to him our plans for improvement.

We need his shirt sales to stay popular in this dip. The draw of playing with him will be enough pull to make up for the lack of CL.

I want him gone!

This moves looks calculated, and sly.

I want 4th place and I want the UEFA cup, and I want the King to lead us to both, and I don't want him experiencing any of that. We whored the club all around the world and got two fucking crooks who nearly finished the club. I refuse to beg to a player, he knows what the club is about and he knows what Chelsea are about, he still wants to leave us to go to Chelsea.

Bye.

Torres apparently did not join the team for todays training. Suppose that was the final nail in the coffin for the few of us longing to see him in pair with Suarez. Well, maybe Joe Cole or gerrard can give us a few good moments alongside Suarez then? Shirt nr 9 available for Suarez probably? I must turn the page mentally and feel good about Louis entering the stage rather than being miserabel about Torres`s lack of respect for the only important thing; LFC.

May he forever walk alone.

Which we have done, but if he wants to leave, let him go. But on our terms.

With less than a day and a half left of the transfer window I wouldn't class this as on our terms.

He is under contract and I don't give a fuck if he sulks to the end of the season he stays to allow us to line scout the right players and get the deals lined up.

I'd have him stay until the summer, no two ways about it. Shown a complete lack of respect by handing in a transfer request three days before the end of the window, not even giving the club enough time to find a replacement. Fuck him, make him face the fans week in, week out for the rest of the season.

I think what Torres done in handing in the request so late was shameful.

In his defence however,it's NOT ABOUT MONEY

Torres wants to be winning trophies,the Club might class getting 4th as sucess,Torres thinks differently.

Torres as 5 passions

His Kids,his wife,his family,football and his dogs.

He's as clean cut a player as they come.

You never hear of Torres being in "the Living room or the Newz"

there's no baggage with Torres,he justs want to be successful and win things.

Before anyone starts I'M NOT DEFENDING TORRES latest actions.

I voted to keep him to the summer, I think adding 'no-one is bigger than the club' to the first option has swelled the votes.

If he had wanted to leave he should have handed his request in earlier in the window, I dont think telling him to wait till the summer in any way makes him 'bigger than the club' in fact making him stay against his will shows him who is in charge.

I said on another thread that in a way I dont blame him for wanting to go, but I do take issue with the timing of his transfer request, but and I maybe I am being naive or giving him more credit than he deserves, perhaps his request coming so late in the window was because he was giving the owners time to follow through on promises the previous regime had given him i.e. bringing in more quality players.

The one thing I just hope we can manage for once is to get top dollar for the player. We have criminally let players go on the cheap before, like Mascherano and Owen. I'm hearing stories that Chelsea are going to bid £35M + Sturridge. If we accept such a stupid deal I will hunt down the yank owners and kick the shit out of them. Sell for £50M cash, no less, and no fucking shit Chelsea reserves in a part-exchange.

Guest barralad
If he's here at the end of the window. We need to let his song literally deafen him... Let's remind him why he wants to stay here.

I'll be really disappointed if he still wants to leave at the end of the season. I'd imagine that Kenny will do a brilliant job, we'll continue getting better, Luis will take some of the pressure off Fernando to score goals, and a a new CEO will outline to him our plans for improvement.

We need his shirt sales to stay popular in this dip. The draw of playing with him will be enough pull to make up for the lack of CL.

It will be interesting to see how the supporters respond to him should he stay.

I get your point,but should he really need reminding why he should stay ?.

He has been treated like royalty by us all since he came here,even when it appeared he was not exactly over the moon to be here.Personally I am not sure I could bring myself to sing that song anymore because it would simply not be true.Some things are more important than shirt sales.

I want him gone!

This moves looks calculated, and sly.

I want 4th place and I want the UEFA cup, and I want the King to lead us to both, and I don't want him experiencing any of that. We whored the club all around the world and got two fucking crooks who nearly finished the club. I refuse to beg to a player, he knows what the club is about and he knows what Chelsea are about, he still wants to leave us to go to Chelsea.

Bye.

Agree with all of this. He's actions are going to have a knock on effect on the team morale just after Kenny got it back to something decent. Just not on at all. Sell him and move on.

I think what Torres done in handing in the request so late was shameful.

In his defence however,it's NOT ABOUT MONEY

Torres wants to be winning trophies,the Club might class getting 4th as sucess,Torres thinks differently.

Torres as 5 passions

His Kids,his wife,his family,football and his dogs.

He's as clean cut a player as they come.

You never hear of Torres being in "the Living room or the Newz"

there's no baggage with Torres,he justs want to be successful and win things.

Before anyone starts I'M NOT DEFENDING TORRES latest actions.

Here's a shocker - I agree with that completely.

I think the timing of this move, the fact it comes three weeks after his latest pledge of loyalty, the fact it's another English club, the fact it's fucking Chelsea, the fact it comes as we're trying to beak the club's record fee to bring him a partner (and who cares if the request came before or after the Suarez bid, he hasn't withdrawn it has he?) and the fact that he's shat all over Kenny's plans for the remainder of the season, possibly denying the great man the chance to lift a trophy unless we get a class replacement in immediately, make this a cunt of a trick.

Despite all that, I don't see money as the motivating factor at all - not least because if he'd gone to the board and asked to negotiate an improved contract, I'm pretty sure they'd have done it to keep him here and maintain his transfer value as long as the clause went or had about £15m added to it's value.

I think his decision is based on skewed logic and a lack of faith in new owners that have only been in charge for a few months. Unless we have an astonishing run in the league and get fourth place he can force a move in the summer anyway. I expected that he'd see what their plans are in the summer and judge then whether he saw us immediately getting into a position to challenge for trophies. If not, he'd likely have a few suitors to chose from.

The only reason I think Chelsea have appeal for him is that they're in the CL this season. Other than that, they've looked the weakest of the sides in the top four at the moment, have had an appalling run of results barring recent wins against two fairly crap PL sides and a joke of a team in the cup and have several major first team players that are about to go over the hill and will need replacing. I said over in the MF that if they'd lost their last two instead of winning them (not outside the bounds of possibility given their league form) they'd have been in sixth place and three points above us - do you think he'd have fancied a move then? Amazing what wins against Bolton and Blackburn can do, isn't it?

I think his assessments of both Chelsea's future and ours are very short-term and if the next two seasons see them maintaining their position rather than improving it, he'll be after another big move when he's 29. Michael Owen learned that hard way that chasing the medals doesn't always work out - maybe that's a bit of our history that Nando hasn't read up on yet.