You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Guest Numero Veinticinco
No, what you are not getting, is the fact Rafa needed to go

That's not a fact, it's an opinion. You big retarded retard.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ShoePiss
Maybe. Who knows how that would have turned out. Definitely should have been in the pecking order before Hodgson. I would have gone for Kenny myself.

I hope that happens by tomorrow morning.

I didnt want Rafa gone. Mainly because i didnt believe there was anyone better we could get, and that if we sacked Rafa, things would get much worse. How everyone did not see this happening is a mystery to me. We all knew the problems at the club were down to the 2 cunts that "owned" us. What made anyone think Hodgson was a better manager than Rafa with his CV.

Guest TK-421

This sort of "I told you so thread" was inevitable by people who held the view that any change in manager last summer would doubtless be a downgrade, due to the circumstances we were in. People predicted this would happen and that's why we're here. We'll all move on eventually, maybe, someday.

Show me one fact that proves those of us who saw that Rafa was not going anywhere, and deserved to go, that proves we were wrong?????

Because anyone with a morsel for a brain would have known,

due to our dire financial problems we where NEVER going to appoint a Marquee manager,

simple really

Guest ShoePiss
I didnt want Rafa gone. Mainly because i didnt believe there was anyone better we could get, and that if we sacked Rafa, things would get much worse. How everyone did not see this happening is a mystery to me. We all knew the problems at the club were down to the 2 cunts that "owned" us. What made anyone think Hodgson was a better manager than Rafa with his CV.

Exactly.

No, what you are not getting, is the fact Rafa needed to go, and the other fact that we got worse as a replacement.

That doesnt make it a bad decision to sack him, it just means we fucked up with his replacement.

Two totally different things.

As for level of Red, thats about the twats who piss and moan about a manager who had himself at the front of his heart and not the club.

why did he need to go? and how could any supporter think that it was right for people like purslow, broughton, hicks or gillette making this kind of decision. ludicrous

should we have done the same with shankly in his first few years?

think back to what we achieved in the time rafa was manager. it might be a long time until we're there again.

People on this website were happy with the appointment of Roy Hodgson. You can still spot them today with their tell tale posts, they may not be supporting Hodgson now but you can spot them a mile off. It makes me laugh.

I wanted to give him a chance, I, like many, liked him when he was at Fulham. I even gave him the first five league games as it was a tough run and Mascha fucked us over for the City game. However, as anyone who knows where and when I post should be able to understand, I couldn't back those comments after the Northampton game. He lost me right there.

Guest ShoePiss
I wanted to give him a chance, I, like many, liked him when he was at Fulham. I even gave him the first five league games as it was a tough run and Mascha fucked us over for the City game. However, as anyone who knows where and when I post should be able to understand, I couldn't back those comments after the Northampton game. He lost me right there.

Not really directed at you then, look out for the ones that bring Rafa up, Alonso, slag Torres off or go over the top on any of Benitez signings when the blame is square on Roy and his fuckwitted philosophy towards playing the game. They're the ones who are trying to convince themselves that they were right. Desperate.

The problem with sacking Rafa was that when we lost him, we lost the last person in the club's management who pre-dated Hicks and Gillette, and the last man who knew his football.

To say 'I wanted Rafa sacked but didn't deserve Hodgson' is naivety in the extreme. Who did you think Purslow and Broughton would appoint? Even the latter, who came out of the whole mess looking pretty shiny, authored the famous 'unfortunately the press didn't think so' line. He was a press appointment by people who understood business, but not football.

In wanting Benitez sacked this summer, you consented to the managerial appointment being in the hands of a board that knew nothing about what would signify strong candidacy. That is not disputable. If you trusted them to make the right managerial appointment: why? On what basis? How could the club have attracted a top manager with its hamstrung finances and high expectations? How could the men making the decision possibly know who the right manager was?

They operated on a soundbite basis and got a soundbite manager. "He'll steady the ship; LMA Manager of the Year; oh he did brilliantly with Fulham...''

You put your trust in people to make that kind of decision, you can't wash your hands when they make the wrong one.

Guest ShoePiss
The problem with sacking Rafa was that when we lost him, we lost the last person in the club's management who pre-dated Hicks and Gillette, and the last man who knew his football.

To say 'I wanted Rafa sacked but didn't deserve Hodgson' is naivety in the extreme. Who did you think Purslow and Broughton would appoint? Even the latter, who came out of the whole mess looking pretty shiny, authored the famous 'unfortunately the press didn't think so' line. He was a press appointment by people who understood business, but not football.

In wanting Benitez sacked this summer, you consented to the managerial appointment being in the hands of a board that knew nothing about what would signify strong candidacy. That is not disputable. If you trusted them to make the right managerial appointment: why? On what basis? How could the club have attracted a top manager with its hamstrung finances and high expectations? How could the men making the decision possibly know who the right manager was?

They operated on a soundbite basis and got a soundbite manager. "He'll steady the ship; LMA Manager of the Year; oh he did brilliantly with Fulham...''

You put your trust in people to make that kind of decision, you can't wash your hands when they make the wrong one.

Brilliant, far more eloquent and to the point than I could ever be arsed to write on here. Agree with all of it.

Ah, good to see the Rafa haters as deluded as ever.

I see the "we are where we are" defense beginning to rear its head- the last refuge of scoundrels, crooks and politicians everywhere. "He's gone, get over it", "Stop raising this", "Stop being divisive". Presumably it wasn't divisive when the previous incumbent was being slated from pillar to post by the most knowledgeable fans in the world last season.

You wanted him gone, now we are reaping the consequences. Anyone in their right minds could see that with two leeches draining the club financially, boardroom strife, too big for their boots players, a CEO undermining the manager in the press and in front of the fans, a hostile xenophobic media and Fergie's wine club lining up to take pot shots at him, Benitez' mistakes were the least of our problems. One poor season in six and you wanted him out. "That Mourinho would walk across broken glass to manage Liverpool"- err, actually, he wouldn't, not under those conditions, and nor would any half decent manager under those conditions.

It was all too predictable that what we would get would be a significant downgrade, but still people wanted him gone.

Well, you got your wish, the media got their man, Purslow got to play Football Manager, Carra got his 2 yr contract, we got a manager liked by Fergie and his wine club.

So man up.

Tedious? Probably, but not as tedious as the bile filled threads slagging off Rafa that made up 90% of the posts on this forum last year.

spot on.

i can't believe anyone put trust in the men who were running the club to make sound footballing decisions.

if anyone had paid attention to the things purslow had said and done in the 1-2 years before i don't see how they would back his removal of the manager.

broughton had his job to do and he did it well. the owners didn't give a shit and look where we are. the whole thing is scandalous and it boils my blood

This whole thread is ill concieved dog shit.

It started off utterly fucking crassly with a total whopper of post and has gone downhill rapidly there after.

PLEASE SET FIRE TO THIS ENTIRE THREAD.

BURN THE WITCH

Crass? You need to sort yourself out. And I'm not talking about the footy.