You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Carragher surgery?

Dracco

Twitter

Maybe it will mean that Agger will stay with and also without Roy. Three months is a long time for our defense to play without Carra.

It will be definitely prove if that " we can´t play without him because of his organisational skills" thing is a myth or a fact.

And chance for Skrtel, Kyrgiakos and maybe Agger ( if recovers earlier) to show if they really deserve to be on the sheet ahead of Jamie.

But it needs to be Skrtel/Kyrgiakos with Agger to learn properly. If it's Skrtel and Kurgiakos for the next 3 months then I fear for us up against the likes of Ashley Young. However, the big Greek will ensure Carroll doesn't get a kick for Newcastle.

Maybe the break will do Carra a bit of good. A fit and firing Carra may be badly need for the lat 3 months of the season. The last significant break he got was probably when he broke his leg against Blackburn years ago.

But it needs to be Skrtel/Kyrgiakos with Agger to learn properly. If it's Skrtel and Kurgiakos for the next 3 months then I fear for us up against the likes of Ashley Young. However, the big Greek will ensure Carroll doesn't get a kick for Newcastle.

Maybe the break will do Carra a bit of good. A fit and firing Carra may be badly need for the lat 3 months of the season. The last significant break he got was probably when he broke his leg against Blackburn years ago.

Has he looked like he has struggled recently due to fitness?

This is terrible news. Here's hoping for a full recovery.

Has he looked like he has struggled recently due to fitness?

This is terrible news. Here's hoping for a full recovery.

I think he's looked off the pace on occasion. I thought his handling of Crouch was poor on Sunday in that he just hung out of him and could have easily given away a pen on a few occasions. But no, he hasn't looked unfit now. But he's not young and a full season of playing every game could result in a falling off the pace next year. A rest now will have him back on full tanks for the run in.

It is bad news though and obviously I'd much rather he wasn't injured and could start for us.

Don't worry, I wasn't have a pop. Just trying to find a silver lining in a dark cloud.

For me, the only slightly positive thing to come out of this is that hopefully Wilson and Kelly will get games at centre back.

Skrtel, Agger or Soto are not good enough long-term, in my opinion, and Carra's best years are behind him. Whereas Wilson and Kelly have the potential to be top class defenders, and this is the perfect opportunity to give them a chance.

For me, the only slightly positive thing to come out of this is that hopefully Wilson and Kelly will get games at centre back.

Skrtel, Agger or Soto are not good enough long-term, in my opinion, and Carra's best years are behind him. Whereas Wilson and Kelly have the potential to be top class defenders, and this is the perfect opportunity to give them a chance.

I agree with you 100% but when ever we get the opportunity to do this we just seem to ignore the kids and fuck the whole situation up.

As sad as this is for Carra it's also quite interesting to see some new faces in the central defence. Both Kelly and Wilson seems to have great potential and maybe something unexpected positive can come of this setback?

We've looked very thin in defence this season, som hopefully one of the young talents takes this chance.

we're fucked aren't we?

Yeah, with Carra gone we may tumble down the league now...... Oh, hang on.... **

** Because I know how bloody precious 1 or 2 are on here about anything that may even hint towards Carra not been God, I’d like to clarify that the above comment was not a go at Carra but at our tactics which means our centre backs are always under pressure.

I agree but I have a nagging feeling we will buy someone poo instead. I would be happy for us to step up our interest in a target if there is a real one we wanted anyway, but i don't want us trawling around for a stop gap for a few million.

Agger's been injured for ages and Wilson hasn't even got on the bench, unless i can't remember it.

He might get on the bench but i doubt he'll play any games.

Skrtel and Kyrgiakos will play.

Obviously there's a big difference between one of your centre backs being injured and two of your centre backs being injured.

He's been on the bench quite a few times as well.

Be gutted if Roy doesn't give him a few games at the very least.

At least 3 months out. Who will throw there body on the line now. Skrtel and the Greek are not bad defenders. Agger still out injured, but with Carra out the steel is out of the back line. Could try Wilson or Kelly but i dont think he will but It would be good for the young players to get a chance. I would say he'll stick with Skrtel and the Greek.