You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Do any of you wear hats? I've never suited them, but in the finest traditions of the 'getting older' thread, I bought one yesterday because - quite simply - my head was cold.

It's a black one of these. £2 from the market, and I look like a condom.

Crossroads_Benny.jpg

Some wacky shit out there at the moment though, people wearing Panda scalps and MIG pilot hats and stuff.

I've told by quite a few people that I suit hats but rarely ever wear them. Don't see the point if I have a full head of hair. Besides there are quite a few daft looking cunts round here who wear the 'Brighton Twat' hat.

I've got a woollen hat that matches my scarf that I wear when it's Baltic out. But only then.

I wear hats. It depends what coat though.

Brown barbour coat - brown deer stalker hat

Black CP coat - black paul and shark wooly (a la above)

Grey THIS IS ANFIELD jacket - Grey Prada wooly

Green CP coat - Green Hugo Boss wooly.

I got one jacket and matching hat every winter over the last few years and gathered quite a collection. When I became of buying my own gear I opted for the 'buy quality, buy once' point of view which has never let me down, the only reason I have ever thrown anything out or given it away is due to not fitting anymore.

I'd rather spend a few quid on a top coat/jacket that will last forever than spend buttons and buy three a year............

I never suited them, something that i have had to live with for years and suffered with freezing fucking ears. Although those Peru Beanies look very comfortable i have to say anyone i see wearing them i loose all respect for. I cant take people seriously with one of those on their head esp. if it has a fucking bobble.

However it does shows that something that ridiculous can become a socially accepted piece of attire so here's hoping these follow suit as this would be perfect and might be able to pull these off:

balaclava_hat.jpg

Living in Canada, hats are essential if you still want your ears attached to your skull come springtime. The ideal toque (French-Canadian for "Wheresmymotherfuckinghatgoddamnitsfreezing!") is a thick wooly job that folds up at the bottom for a double layer over your ears, something along these lines:

canadian-olympic-team-pom-pom-toque-20-cdn.jpg?w=300&h=300

But without the silly bobble on top, which serves no practical purpose and looks a trifle twattish. But fashion isn't really the idea when its -40 out and you have to get to the store up the road and the car's frozen solid. I wear a thin, tight-fitting skully toque underneath one of those when it gets really cold, resulting in maximum insulation from the outside world.

I draw the line at those ear-flapping, dangly-bit hats which, while no doubt warm, make a person look like an absolute plonker who may or may not interfere with small animals.

I never suited them, something that i have had to live with for years and suffered with freezing fucking ears. Although those Peru Beanies look very comfortable i have to say anyone i see wearing them i loose all respect for. f:

balaclava_hat.jpg

My 6 year old wears something similar in green.

He rocks.

I have loads of camping hats, i went to buy a normal wear hat today and shit out, i look more of a mong then normal in one.

I've lived in Yorkshire for 11 years and am seriously considering going to Skipton to get a 'proper' flat cap. Not one of these twatty floppy student one, but one with a fucking coat of arms on the inside and a place to put your wallet and a fishing fly. Aye' lad.

I lament the day men stopped wearing hats like this.

15.-don-draper.jpg

Cool. As. Fuck.

I own almost an identical piece of hattage which I wear to contract chats and meetings with money-people in the biz. Either that or a proper Basque beret I got in northern Spain years back, depending on the clobber involved. Ive noticed I seem to get paid more if I look like a hip, debonair writer with a touch of style rather than turning up looking like a bewildered schmuck who gets off on talking to imaginary people, which is closer to the truth. Its all about image, this life...

I've lived in Yorkshire for 11 years and am seriously considering going to Skipton to get a 'proper' flat cap. Not one of these twatty floppy student one, but one with a fucking coat of arms on the inside and a place to put your wallet and a fishing fly. Aye' lad.

I've just moved to Skipton. Pop in for a cuppa.

Guest ShoePiss

Yes, after taking a ski helmet off at 7000ft it's needed.

Not wearing one unless you have long hair? Carradonna, John Inman just called to say you're fucking gay.

JohnInman.jpg

I never suited them, something that i have had to live with for years and suffered with freezing fucking ears. Although those Peru Beanies look very comfortable i have to say anyone i see wearing them i loose all respect for. I cant take people seriously with one of those on their head esp. if it has a fucking bobble.

However it does shows that something that ridiculous can become a socially accepted piece of attire so here's hoping these follow suit as this would be perfect and might be able to pull these off:

balaclava_hat.jpg

Do it.

I walked to work with mine on yesterday, got a few funny looks, but who gives a fuck ?

Tell you what, the same brow furroughing rarfs who gave it the stare were fucking frigid, whereas old Carvalho's lug holes were toasty...my thermal "one-holer" - love it.

Especially grateful that I had the same wonder-garment in my coat pocket when I had to stagger back home from the boozer last night, 3 sheets and completely disorientated. Get the bally on, and Bob is your uncle.

I've got several SAS 3 holers in various colours but only pull those bad boys on when I'm gigging with the band. Can get quite uncomfortable when you've got a spotlight blazing down on your napper, you've gotta knock out an hour or so set with sweat pissing down your neck and you feel like your hair is on fire.

links2_01.jpg

There is a very good reason why hat rhymes with twat (Or it might just be coincidental).

I have a plain black hat which I only wear when it's extremely cold (sub zero) and I'm going to be outdoors for more than about half an hour.

I think you can get away with any hat in winter though as they're at least serving a purpose no matter how shit they look or much they scream "wannabe-artist/rockstar-studentfacedtwat", but you go out in the middle of summer and people are wearing them. Why not go the whole hog and wear a jacket and long-johns too?

I wear hats. It depends what coat though.

Brown barbour coat - brown deer stalker hat

Black CP coat - black paul and shark wooly (a la above)

Grey THIS IS ANFIELD jacket - Grey Prada wooly

Green CP coat - Green Hugo Boss wooly.

I got one jacket and matching hat every winter over the last few years and gathered quite a collection. When I became of buying my own gear I opted for the 'buy quality, buy once' point of view which has never let me down, the only reason I have ever thrown anything out or given it away is due to not fitting anymore.

I'd rather spend a few quid on a top coat/jacket that will last forever than spend buttons and buy three a year............

I hate hats. Only wear one when my head is cold.

What I love about the GF. Right and wrong, side by side on the same thread.

Black woolen flat cap. Northern scum and proud!

Hats2.jpg

Hats.jpg

(I'm on the right. The bloke on the left is a Citeh fan who shags bags of jam... but that's another story.)

Mind you, these last few days I've taken to my red LFC wooly thing, that looks like shit - but at least it's warm shit.