You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Striker - Carroll

Wide player - N'zogbia

These are the two I'd go for.

We also need a dominating centre back, a ball winner in centre midfield and a left back.

As much as it pains me to say it, we could really do with someone like Nani and Hernandez. While neither had a good game today, they're dangerous, explosive and often produce goals out of nowhere.

They both cunts who you'd never tire of slapping, but maybe it's time we got a few players like that.

A left back would be nice too as I doubt Fabio will stay fit and I'm not sure how happy Agger will be to play there. I'm also still not convinced about Skrtel either. He's nowhere near consistent enough.

I reckon Adebayor and Torres could form a devastating partnership too. Would probably never happen and anything over 10 or so million wouldn't be worth the risk, but I think he can still become a top player for somebody.

As much as it pains me to say it, we could really do with someone like Nani and Hernandez. While neither had a good game today, they're dangerous, explosive and often produce goals out of nowhere.

They both cunts who you'd never tire of slapping, but maybe it's time we got a few players like that.

A left back would be nice too as I doubt Fabio will stay fit and I'm not sure how happy Agger will be to play there. I'm also still not convinced about Skrtel either. He's nowhere near consistent enough.

I reckon Adebayor and Torres could form a devastating partnership too. Would probably never happen and anything over 10 or so million wouldn't be worth the risk, but I think he can still become a top player for somebody.

Thats what the mancs have which we desperately need. The mancs have Hernanez, Nani, Park, Berbatov, Rooney, Valencia(when fit), all explosive and skillful players that scare the shit out of defenders.

We need at least 2 more players at the club that will make the opposition at least worry about us.

We need to improve the players we have at the club who for the last 18 months have had all the confidance knocked out of them a little at a time

Today we saw the King address that in his post match comments "the most important players are the ones we have at the club

Kenny knows where he needs to bring in outsiders and where he needs to build back up the players we have every fan has a role to play in this as well by getting behind the players on the pitch everyone of them kennys first signing will be a statement just as McMahon was first time around and later Barnes Beardsley Houghton and Aldridge but what does he know about signing good players for Liverpool FC

Luis Suarez signing tomorrow according to a few people:

Liverpool are set to sign Luis Suarez, subject to a medical, tomorrow morning. #lfc less than a minute ago via Echofon

Michael da Silva (mjdasilva) on Twitter

He's a journalist from London, according to someone on RAWK.

More info from TIA:

"Whisper making it's round on the Italian based tweeters I follow is that a fee has been agreed with Suarez and that he'll have a medical tomorrow. No idea how much truth there is in it or even which Suarez it is or why the Italian people have picked it up but thought I may as well post it here."

Also a poster on RAWK reckons we are close to signing Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez (whoever the fuck he is).

High chances it could be bollocks.

Also a poster on RAWK reckons we are close to signing Ashley Young and Alexis Sanchez (whoever the fuck he is).

A very good player with a lot of pace. He reminds me of Cristiano Ronaldo but not quite as gay.

There is no chance in the world we would end up with those 3 players. Then we would suddenly look like a team that could compete for the title.

Alexis Sanchez record

2010/11 17 games 3 goals 2 assists

2009/10 32 games 5 goals 3 assists

2008/09 32 games 3 goals 2 assists

Elia has a better record and is about the same age but then again if Inter and United are chasing him so he might have something about him after all.

Alexis Sanchez was amazing during the World Cup, he`s the kind of player that can inflict havoc on any team on his own with his pace and tecnique, something we desperately lack.

I didn't think he was amazing - did he score a goal at all? - but he certainly looked promising and like he could improve. Very quick, took on responsibility, tried things. Judging by those stats it looks similar, not enough end product at the moment, but if that improved then he could be brilliant.