You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

January 2011 Transfer Window Speculation Thread

StevieH

I think N'Zogbia would be a good sigining and a better bet than Young, but isn't Hazard rumoured to be on his way to Utd?

I rate Charles N'Zogbia as a player and being naturally left footed he would give the side a nice balance. However, he does seem to be a bit of a big time charlie and he has Willie McKay as an agent!

• Replies 5.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rate Charles N'Zogbia as a player and being naturally left footed he would give the side a nice balance. However, he does seem to be a bit of a big time charlie and he has Willie McKay as an agent!

He seems to have settled down a bit since he moved to Wigan.

Why he is fucking crap.

He really isn't. He just not suited to the Premier League.

He never got a chance to get used to the EPL. When he did start a game he won a few MOTM and got quite a few assists in those games (3 against Burnley) so don't see where ppl can claim he was shit unless they are just hearing from someone else. I remember Xabi & Garcia in their first half season over here and they were'nt that great, getting caught in possession all the time but they got up to the pace eventually. With Aquilani he was'nt starting many games in a row and playing in a team that was doing shit.

Plucked from the depths of the Bluekipper transfer thread......

More in depth now about Hammill. Was on my iphone last night so couldn't be bothered writing the full conversation. Basically, the three teams interested in him are Blackpool, Wolves and us. The fee is the one being quoted in the papers 500k. As I said, Blackpool have offered him 10k a week, but this is depending on Charlie Adam. Wolves have bid for him, however due to Mick McCarthy's position insecure and the fact that he has been told "he" would be a squad player for the time being this has led him to us. Moyes has spoken to Hammill and has told him that he doesn't usually sign/look at ex Liverpool players(So no Michael Owen), Adams reply was "I was just in the youth team, I didn't actually play for them".

Given the fact that Moyes will give him a chance

The players we are trying to offload are Yakubu, Vaughan, Pienaar to try and create some funds and lower our wage bill.

Liverpool Submit Enquiry For Bargain Xabi Alonso Replacement

Blackpool captain Charlie Adam has emerged as a shock transfer target for Liverpool – and could be available from just £2.5m in January.

Adam won a contract dispute against the Tangerines late last year, and is believed to have grown disillusioned with the club over the way he had to take them to court in order to receive what he was entitled to.

With his deal up in the summer, Blackpool boss Ian Holloway is currently pondering whether to let the 25 year-old Scotland international leave for a fee in January or risk losing him on a free later down the line.

Liverpool’s poor last season was widely attributed to the sale of Spain midfielder Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid, and they are yet to replace him.

Charlie Adam has proven himself more than worthy of a place in a top Premier League side, and dictates the game in most games he plays. He has four assists to his name, which is excellent form for a deep lying midfielder, and his signing would allow Steven Gerrard off the leash.

Wouldn't mind him to be fair, he's a good player.

Charlie Adam is a good player, we could do a lot worse!.

Good player he might be, but he is yet another British player that looks good because he's getting regular first team football. Put him in a bigger club with a squad rotation system and he'll not look nearly as effective.

He never got a chance to get used to the EPL. When he did start a game he won a few MOTM and got quite a few assists in those games (3 against Burnley) so don't see where ppl can claim he was shit unless they are just hearing from someone else. I remember Xabi & Garcia in their first half season over here and they were'nt that great, getting caught in possession all the time but they got up to the pace eventually. With Aquilani he was'nt starting many games in a row and playing in a team that was doing shit.

Give it up, you'll never get through. People made their minds up about him before he started playing simply because he 'replaced' Alonso and was injured when he got here (and of course, was signed by...)

Give it up, you'll never get through. People made their minds up about him before he started playing simply because he 'replaced' Alonso and was injured when he got here (and of course, was signed by...)

Nah. He's just a shithouse that will never be sucessful in England. Good luck to him in Italy but again, he's far too much of a shithouse to play well over here.Even when he got over his big injury he was missing games through "illness"

It's a complete myth and a fallacy that he could ever be a big player for us. He doesn't 'Want' it enough.

Report: Liverpool Readying £20 Million Romelu Lukaku Bid, Tracking English Youngster Connor Wickham - Liverpool FC - NESN.com

Liverpool's new management and owner have asserted that a youth-based approach must be taken to get the club back on track.

Action may be about to reflect these words, as Liverpool is reportedly readying a £20 million bid for one of the world's most sought-after teenagers, Anderlecht's Romelu Lukaku, according to the Sunday Mirror.

The 6-foot-3 17-year-old has already been hailed "the new Drogba," and has been a full Belgian international since he was 16.

Lukaku, who has scored 19 times in 45 all appearances in 2009-10, is off to a slightly better pace in 2010-11, having netted 14 times in 31 appearances.

Just about every major club -- Arsenal, Manchester United, Chelsea, Real Madrid and Internazionale to name a few -- has been linked to the phenom.

Liverpool, though, appear to be doing their best to land Lukaku, with Damien Commoli having contacted the club and with the £20 million reportedly impending.

The Belgian youngster isn't the only teen prospect on Liverpool's radar, however. In fact, he's not even the only Belgian. 19-year-old Eden Hazard was also a potential target, but his recent injury has prevented him from making a January move.

Commoli also reportedly sent scouts to watch Ipswitch Town striker Connor Wickham, according to FootballTransferTavern.

The 17-year-old Englishman is considered one of the nation's top young players, and Arsenal and Tottenham have also said to be interested. Former manager Roy Keane was said to have made Wickham untouchable, but now that he is no longer with the club, all bets are off.

Wickham has been valued by some at £10 Million, but his actual price may be considerably lower. After scoring three goals in four matches last April, he has yet to find the back of the net in 16 appearances this year.

Still, Wickham's finishing ability is undeniable, and Sir Alex Ferguson has also been tracking him.

His career seems to have stalled at Villa in the past 18 months. Looked a top player a couple of seasons ago and perhaps needs a move and to work with the right sort of manager to kick start his career.

He has pace and a very good delivery. If the fee was £10-12m then I think he would be worth the gamble.

I would, when Villa were playing well he seemed to be influencing games from the wing.

10M would be a good bit of business.