You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Dalglish is munching at the bit to have a go at it in all honesty and the fact that we know that and that he knows that we know (head spinning) I would defo give him a go.

The calls for him to be manager are only getting bigger and it wont be long before they get to the owner. Thats the only thing that confuses me about Broughton and Purslow, what was the actual reason why they said no straight away to him.

The objectivity that rendered them suitable for the position in the first place? I wonder if Roy was favoured due to his diplomatic, cooperative nature that would help repair wounds inflicted by the Texan morons.

Pellegrini for me - he is the best combination of experience plus his teams play nice football. He is also available right now. Get him in before someone else snaps him up.

Failing that, Kenny until the end of the season. Then a comprehensive search for top young talent should be underway. Deschamps and Loew look good, and some home-grown young options might be worth a look. Coyle, Di Matteo, Poyet - I would prefer any of this last trio to more 'worthy' names such as MON.

Tricky position we are in, but taking no action over Roy will damage us further, as we just look really poor under him thus far. A few more games like this and any outside chance we have of qualifying for Europe will evaporate.

Totally agree with you Mr Richards - apart from using "worthy" for MON, even in jest!

Oh so now you are putting your time limit on his tenure? That would make them no more liars than if they sacked him now. They used the word 'time' it is not really up to you to define 'time' as they used the word in their own context. Put it this way its going to be hard if Johnnie boy turns up for his first home league game and we end up watching Roy taking a poo in his comode via a secret hole cut out of the bottom of the bench whilst looking please with himself that no one has noticed he is having a poo at a time when he should be managing, if he wants to poo he can do it in his own time not while he is being paid to work. I think that's reasonable and the owner will not want to come and watch us get mullered imagine having to fly all that way having gone to all that trouble only to have Roy kick him in the nuts in the director's box and making lewd comments in front of his wife and children, cos he may as well the way we are playing and having been playing and will continue to play under Roy. He is used to coaching and getting the best out of inferior players, not setting up a top team to play freely and attack and win games not matter what week-in, week-out. He never has, that's why no other top 5 club would employ him he is not a bad coach, just a wrong coach for a top club, he never did anything league wise when he went to Fulham they were a top 13 established premiership club who had ended up in the relegation zone when he went there and that's why he got the job, he got them top 13 again and the European run was good but didn't deserve any less credit than Steve Maclaren got but still not good enough for us. He is, at best, at very best a Roy Evans level manager.

Do you need the toilet?

I have to define 'time', as do you- without it, there's nothing to talk about, is there?

Why? He quit because he was stressed- not exactly pressure off time is it? Doesn't it smack of King KeV returning to The Toon? Why don't United get Big Ron back when Fergie goes? He did alright, didn't he? Attacking football and champagne reputations!

sorry, I couldn't make sense of your post. Are you saying you compare Big Ron to Kenny?

Why? He quit because he was stressed- not exactly pressure off time is it? Doesn't it smack of King KeV returning to The Toon? Why don't United get Big Ron back when Fergie goes? He did alright, didn't he? Attacking football and champagne reputations!

He quit because of the stress of having to attend 3 funerals a week made him walk away from the club. Hardly the same is it?

The objectivity that rendered them suitable for the position in the first place? I wonder if Roy was favoured due to his diplomatic, cooperative nature that would help repair wounds inflicted by the Texan morons.

They could well have done and at the beginning I was all for it I mean one advantage he gave was that he was incredibly calm and collective over the takeover period (something which Benitez for all his good) would never have done and I liked Roy for that. Clear though that there is something missing between the manager and players that i dont think we will find unfortunately.

Mon, bottler who cannot handle the pressure.

Yeah, I'd have reservations too. Still, reckon there'd be an immediate improvement and in a couple of years when he realised he couldn't take us further, we'd be in a better position for someone else to takeover.

This parallel with Keegan going back to Newcastle is bollocks. Dalglish won the double in his first season and built possibly our finest ever side thereafter (87-88). Then he won the league with Blackburn. Keegan came nowhere close in his first spell up there. And to suggest the stress Kenny would feel now is anything close to comparable with what he went through post Hillsborough is a poor effort.

What does everyone think of this guy? I think he could be very good. With new owners and money to spend we could be a very attractive option. He has just taken Holland to the World Cup final and may think he fancies a change or that he has taken them as far as he can.

Parts 1 and 2 of the interview below I think are very impressive as is the way he treated De Jong after that tackle a few weeks back. At worst he could knock us back but I think it would be worth a try!

The 2010 interview with Bert van Marwijk, pt 2. - Netherlands

Pellegrini is a brilliant coach. I think he'd be a great appointment.

But his man management skills aren't as bad as Rafa's but they did come under scrutiny in Spanish media upon the treatment of Benzema etc.

It might be just because Benzema is a strap on. Who knows.

This parallel with Keegan going back to Newcastle is bollocks. Dalglish won the double in his first season and built possibly our finest ever side thereafter (87-88). Then he won the league with Blackburn. Keegan came nowhere close in his first spell up there. And to suggest the stress Kenny would feel now is anything close to comparable with what he went through post Hillsborough is a poor effort.

Keegan was 12pts clear- he did come close, didn't he?

The situation's totally different. Still a susceptibility to stress however.

Why do you think Broughton refused to consider him?

What does everyone think of this guy? I think he could be very good. With new owners and money to spend we could be a very attractive option. He has just taken Holland to the World Cup final and may think he fancies a change or that he has taken them as far as he can.

Parts 1 and 2 of the interview below I think are very impressive as is the way he treated De Jong after that tackle a few weeks back. At worst he could knock us back but I think it would be worth a try!

He stopped the Dutch dressing room arguing of cliche. Good enough for me. And he'd whip Babel into shape!

Best in the world? Is it hard to see Torres is good? Reina and Mascherano are good? Clearly he didn't see Alonso as good enough- due to his playing time and the fact he was sold. I'd judge Rafa on the squad he left- far too many poor/ average disillusioned players. It's much more difficult to pick out players that others can't see the same potential in. For Masch, it was a dream move out of the fire at West Ham. He did well to sign Torres and Reina, no doubt the European performances went a long way there.

So in your opinion, although you can't name me another manager who has signed players as good as these, and available, you still won't give Rafa a decent transfer budget and see what he can do?

You probably can't can you? Because the obvious answers are probably Wenger and Fergie.

Alonso wanted to leave for the money. Fact. Rafa wanted to keep him AND buy Barry. This was clear in the interviews etc. Its because we had no money, and had to sell to buy that this becomes an issue.

Alonso CANNOT use the fact that we wanted to buy Barry as an excuse. If so, it just means he doesn't want to fight for his place, and wants an automatic place in the team.

You'll judge on the team he left. So bar Alonso and Arbeloa, isn't this the team that got second place 2 seasons ago?

Who's the idiot that loaned out Aquilani, a player who although played few games, had an extraordinarily high number of assists for the games he did play? Aren't we lacking creativity now?

Secondly, you are judging Rafa on a team that has a NEGATIVE transfer budget for the last two seasons.

Where did the rest of the money from the Alonso sale go? He wanted to buy Silva with that. Where did the Keane money go? That was for another striker if available.

Again, I would love to see Rafa with a proper transfer budget.

The MAJOR transfer buys by Rafa were all these "proven" and local Premiership players ie Johnsen and Keane. Maybe this is due to the quota, maybe due to pressure to be more local.

I would prefer IF he did return, to continue spending on the markets he knew, ie Spain. The ones from this league seem to be lacking in tactics and brains.