You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Stevie boy you know I like you but your talking shit

After Joe Cole and Stevie G he is the next best only other game breaking player at the club.

Just watch how we struggle to break down 10 men defences

Nick, Alberto Aquilani is clearly a very talented player but he is a bottle job. He isn't strong enough mentally or physically to play for LFC. It was reported that he missed the Arsenal game due to a cold, and Dominic King in the Echo reported yesterday that he cried off due to a knee injury on the pre-season tour in Switzerland.

He has started just 102 games in 6 seasons!

I would agree that we need more creative players that can break down teams that park the bus, but we also need players with the stomach for a fight.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair to Aqua the few times he did play last season, he impressed everytime he oozed classed and positivity and played football in the right way. He made us look a decent team and brought some light in what was an other wise dark season.

I know it is early to judge Hodgson but so far the players he has signed and his tactical approach show nothing of a great new era or the pass and move football he talks about. He isn't so much the problem it is the hype around english football, players and managers.

The way he has been lauded by the press just shows this country's media to be xenophobic and backward.

Any manager that doesn't dance to their tune they start pulling out all the old stereotypes. But its not jyst football.

Will never forget the time Linford Christie was tearing it up in the 100M.

He lost a few races then all of a sudden he went from Britains best to the Jamaican born runner, cunts the lot of 'em.

But we shouldn't be surprised with Hodgson.

When Rafa did his famous "I'm just coaching the team" speech it was meant as a dig at the owners as they didn't want him interferring with transfers or anything else regarding the team apart from coachin and match days. When Roy said it he meant it!!!

Big difference there.

A few of you may say, "Good thats his job, don't get involved in the politics".

But when the "politics" involve cutting the first team to save money so there's more left over to give the banks or line the yanks pocket then just coaching the team is not enough.

We had a manager who did his best to prevent whats now happening, yes he got too involved and lost focus, but now we've got Hodgson who won't say boo as thats been put in his contract even if he wants to speak out. He wanted his shot at another big club before he retired regardless of the owners or the lack of funds.

Tells you a lot about the man. I'm trying hard not to judge him already but ladies and gents, its really hard not too!

Talented player with probably less heart than Heskey. Would have been nice to have gotten some money for him but it seems likely that he's never going to adapt to the game here. I quite like him as a player but sadly he's a total shithouse.

I thought Defour was a creative player? Why's Red Nick lumping him in the destroyer category?

He can play both. He's much better in the creative role, though, in my opinion. He's playing CAM, this season. Bagged in a few goals, as well.

Nick, Alberto Aquilani is clearly a very talented player but he is a bottle job. He isn't strong enough mentally or physically to play for LFC. It was reported that he missed the Arsenal game due to a cold, and Dominic King in the Echo reported yesterday that he cried off due to a knee injury on the pre-season tour in Switzerland.

He has started just 102 games in 6 seasons!

I would agree that we need more creative players that can break down teams that park the bus, but we also need players with the stomach for a fight.

If Benayoun was still here then maybe you could say it was a good football decision but as other posters have pointed out if we lose Gerrard and Cole were in deep shit.

Aquilani is clearly a talented player however he just doesn't fit at Liverpool in his approach to the game nor his position at which we can and should look for better options.

I would be happy to loan him to Juve and for him to settle back into his own country, show the talent that got us interested in the first place and hopefully spark interest from other clubs as well as Juve, then we take the money and run.

Quite simply one of the worst transfers in LFC history. Unforgivable really.

It really is. When you think about all the crying Rafa did about not having control and then he gets it and we buy a player who can't walk for pretty much a season, a player he is looking to play out of position and finally when you factor in the price and what he was supposed to replace in Xabi....

We can NEVER say anything about the Veron transfer again.

I like him, think he' a good player. But if I'm being honest, I have my doubts on whether he'd ever really be able to cut in in the English League, just never seemed to fancy it, though i'm sure that's just his naturally languid style more than anything.

Hard to see him getting the games under the ultra pragmatic Hodgson though, in much the same way Rafa was so reluctant to use him last season ... and he was his signing. Disappointing that we aren't getting a fee, so we're unlikely to see a replacement in a position that is looking very very pedestrian.

I don't like all this "worst signing in our history" bollocks. He had one season, injured for most of it, when he played, he done okay. then the manager that brought him in got sacked and the new manager obviously doesn't fancy him. We'll still recoup most of our money, and he'll go on and have a good career.

I like him, think he' a good player. But if I'm being honest, I have my doubts on whether he'd ever really be able to cut in in the English League, just never seemed to fancy it, though i'm sure that's just his naturally languid style more than anything.

Hard to see him getting the games under the ultra pragmatic Hodgson though, in much the same way Rafa was so reluctant to use him last season ... and he was his signing. Disappointing that we aren't getting a fee, so we're unlikely to see a replacement in a position that is looking very very pedestrian.

I don't like all this "worst signing in our history" bollocks. He had one season, injured for most of it, when he played, he done okay. then the manager that brought him in got sacked and the new manager obviously doesn't fancy him. We'll still recoup most of our money, and he'll go on and have a good career.

Precisely.

The way he has been lauded by the press just shows this country's media to be xenophobic and backward.

Any manager that doesn't dance to their tune they start pulling out all the old stereotypes. But its not jyst football.

Will never forget the time Linford Christie was tearing it up in the 100M.

He lost a few races then all of a sudden he went from Britains best to the Jamaican born runner, cunts the lot of 'em.

But we shouldn't be surprised with Hodgson.

When Rafa did his famous "I'm just coaching the team" speech it was meant as a dig at the owners as they didn't want him interferring with transfers or anything else regarding the team apart from coachin and match days. When Roy said it he meant it!!!

Big difference there.

A few of you may say, "Good thats his job, don't get involved in the politics".

But when the "politics" involve cutting the first team to save money so there's more left over to give the banks or line the yanks pocket then just coaching the team is not enough.

We had a manager who did his best to prevent whats now happening, yes he got too involved and lost focus, but now we've got Hodgson who won't say boo as thats been put in his contract even if he wants to speak out. He wanted his shot at another big club before he retired regardless of the owners or the lack of funds.

Tells you a lot about the man. I'm trying hard not to judge him already but ladies and gents, its really hard not too!

Best 2 replys in the last few pages.

Hugely speculative, plus you conveniently ignore the "mostly injured" three seasons before we bought him. 17m gets you "done okay" nowadays.

Scandalous transfer.

Eh? Have I said anywhere that he's wasn't a poor signing. The timing was poor, when yo consider who he was replacing, how little we had to spend ... it was a poor singing. I'm just saying...worst in our history? Nah. Not by a long shot. I can look at things in more than black and white, you should try it some time.

plus you conveniently ignore

The irony isn't lost on you i'm sure.

Hugely speculative, plus you conveniently ignore the "mostly injured" three seasons before we bought him. 17m gets you "done okay" nowadays.

Scandalous transfer.

Don't be silly Rafa made it and it's just an example of how xenophobic we all are to state what a ridiculous move it was, Rafa would have turned him into a world beater, like Lucas. He never got anything wrong!

@ The Acolyte. Roy is not at all a yes man, he just realises his place in the food chain as you have to in this day and age for it to work. Rafa wanted it all his own way regardless of how things were behind the scenes and when he got it all his own way we had our worst season under him. Do you see Rafa kicking off at having to be able to sell to buy at a much richer club who are the European champions? I don't. For fans who are supposed to be able to see it like it is I can't believe how many people got taken in by Rafa's act.

Edited by WrongIslander

The only thing scandalous is that he's not being given a chance just so we can save some money on his wages.

No what was scandalous was to give 17m to an injury prone player who although talented has never consistently proved anything and was injury prone when we bought him. Not to mention we have MUCH greater needs elsewhere.

The only thing scandalous is that he's not being given a chance just so we can save some money on his wages.

Hold on, you want the third highest earner at the club sitting on the bench, or not even selected for the bench, or at home with a cup of hot lemon and honey? He's not better than third choice for his best position and I would actually play Maxi ahead of him there too. Great piece of business to get him off the wage bill so that we can hopefully bring someone else in without selling Mascherano. Who knows, we might even get some money back at the end of the season for the soft arse.

first he bought keane and fucked that up. next he bought aquilani and fucked that up as well. in the middle of all that rubbish we had degen, doseena and riera.

thank god the self destructing overweight ego bigger than his belly benitez has been kicked out of anfield!

Eh? Have I said anywhere that he's wasn't a poor signing. The timing was poor, when yo consider who he was replacing, how little we had to spend ... it was a poor singing. I'm just saying...worst in our history? Nah. Not by a long shot. I can look at things in more than black and white, you should try it some time.

The irony isn't lost on you i'm sure.

You also conveniently ignore your own posts.

We will get most of our money back? He will go on to have a good career? Says you and very few others, and not on the last four years' evidence.

He had "don't touch him with a bargepole" virtually tattooed on his forehead, and for a huge transfer fee when we had so little to spend and now rumours of him being our third highest wage.

Torres, Gerrard, just imagine what Johnson's on to get him to turn down Chelsea and yet one of them gets less that this, this......

Again, scandalous.