You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

Precisely, the other thing I can see happening is that we will eventually work out why Cole has never been a #10, why people like Mourinho didn't play him as a #10 and he will end up on the LW where he will have the time, space and less bodies around him that he needs to be effective. A #10 that can't play with his back to goal, can't drop into midfield and effectively fortify a midfield 2 will fail. Then we are very thin in that position.

Hopefully the remaining work in the transfer market will address that in some fashion but bigger picture wise this shit ain't making much sense.

I agree with all of this, We're banking on Cole to be this creative hub, yet there is no compelling evidence to suggest that things will play out this way. And what are our options in the transfer market? There is no money, so who are we going to get? Snoogy?

Getting him off the wage bill only helps the owners save some dosh for the sixth of October. That appears to be the big picture...

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with all of this, We're banking on Cole to be this creative hub, yet there is no compelling evidence to suggest that things will play out this way. And what are our options in the transfer market? There is no money, so who are we going to get? Snoogy?

Getting him off the wage bill only helps the owners save some dosh for the sixth of October. That appears to be the big picture...

haha true. He is operating under certain constraints....

I don't think it was Babel's fault why we didn't keep the ball on Thursday night, the midfield constantly giving it away was - most notibly, Poulsen.

Babel's movement on Thursday was a load of shite. That's what he did wrong.

And when your playing up fromt on your own, you can't afford to be like that.

Poulsen, first half yes he was always giving it away, second half no, he improved and his distribution was much better.

The problem was also the constant hoofing our back four have been doing for a full season and a bit now.

The thing with Babel is basically (most of sensible people are already aware of this) he is mentally shit and no arguing other points is going to make it any different, he just ahsn't got the mentality. He needs to come on the pitch when a team is 2 or 2-0 up, then he can slot straight in to the rhythm from theoff. You ask him to start a game, and he struggles, you bring him on when you are one or two nil down and he just can't adapt.

We're saving loads of money on wages and transfer fees the past couple of years with it seemingly not getting reinvested in the playing staff.

But, but, but ...it all goes into the one account and can't be used for anything else.

Babel's movement on Thursday was a load of shite. That's what he did wrong.

And when your playing up fromt on your own, you can't afford to be like that.

Poulsen, first half yes he was always giving it away, second half no, he improved and his distribution was much better.

The problem was also the constant hoofing our back four have been doing for a full season and a bit now.

The thing with Babel is basically (most of sensible people are already aware of this) he is mentally shit and no arguing other points is going to make it any different, he just ahsn't got the mentality. He needs to come on the pitch when a team is 2 or 2-0 up, then he can slot straight in to the rhythm from theoff. You ask him to start a game, and he struggles, you bring him on when you are one or two nil down and he just can't adapt.

Horseshit.

He nearly created his own goal within about two minutes of coming on last night. Our first direct run and shot at goal all game.

And if Johnson carries on being as shite as he is, then that's 5 signings in a row that'll have lost money and failed; Keane Dossena Riera Johnson and Aquilani.

Wouldn't matter who owned us you just can't carry on like that. Given his fitness record at Roma he shouldn't even have been on our radar.

Whoever manages Liverpool and whatever his budget, he is going to be on a very tight leash from now on.

Important that bit!

Whether it was saved or not isnt really the point. Hes the only one that actually ran at their defence last night.

What about the stunner against Lyon last season, he managed that when we were losing. Only for Benitez to fuck that up by taking off Torres whose marker then effectively dumped us out of the CL.

I agree, hes not much of a starter, but name me a player outside of Gerrard Torres and Cole that has raw talent enough to win a game. There arent any. He's the best of the rest. He carries a threat.

I'm glad Hodgson fucked off that turd Aquilani and not Babel.

And if Johnson carries on being as shite as he is, then that's 5 signings in a row that'll have lost money and failed; Keane Dossena Riera Johnson and Aquilani.

Wouldn't matter who owned us you just can't carry on like that. Given his fitness record at Roma he shouldn't even have been on our radar.

Whoever manages Liverpool and whatever his budget, he is going to be on a very tight leash from now on.

Casually ignoring Alonso, Arbeloa! Almost 25 million pound profit there!

Dossena cost us 7 and we sold him for 5.5, hardly going to break the bank is it, and considering the previous manager to him, had Diouf, Cherou, Diao, Kewell, Finan and Cisse as his last six signings, we managed to recover from that okay.

We were linked with Milner from newcastle in the middle of all that.

£8mill i seem to recall.

Agent Benitez.

Fucking shocking.

What a legacy of utter utter shit.

Whether it was saved or not isnt really the point. Hes the only one that actually ran at their defence last night.

What about the stunner against Lyon last season, he managed that when we were losing. Only for Benitez to fuck that up by taking off Torres whose marker then effectively dumped us out of the CL.

I agree, hes not much of a starter, but name me a player outside of Gerrard Torres and Cole that has raw talent enough to win a game. There arent any. He's the best of the rest. He carries a threat.

I'm glad Hodgson fucked off that turd Aquilani and not Babel.

You haven't actually proved that he can win a game though have you? Despite that being your argument, a goal in a 1 all draw isn't really going to cut it.

Goatboy

Kyrgiakos, Maxi, Jova, Shelvey, Suso and Wilson with the net spend total of 5.5 pounds to start with, including further incentives up to 9. Can't you that narrow-minded, can you?

Sorry that was just a noise.

I'm saying it isn't just the debt that means we have to rein ourselves in from now on. In fairness to Rafa it has been going on for over a decade, we lost millions on Cisse, Heskey, Diouf, Diao, Morientes, Babb, Heggem, Collymore and lots more. We won't get our money back on Johnson and Babel either, unless GJ gets shiunted further forward where he belongs.

There's occasional wastage, and then there's ugly extravagance.

People citing and (ahem) exaggerating the profits from a couple of other players (Arbeloa - seriously?) aren't making sense.