You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 869
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reminds me of Essien, not as good but still bloody good.

Can do a bit of everything.

Like Essien he'd be perfect in front of a holding midfielder and behind an attacking one.

ThInk

Poulsen

Defour

Gerrard

Take the money offered for Aquilani (whatever it may be) and Mascherano (in the future) and also Kuyt (if the offer comes at the end of the season) and we'd be in a much much better position if we were replacing Lucas with Defour, Kuyt with a more creative and technically gifted footballer and Mascherano with a true holding midfielder, having Poulson as a back up.

Hold on, you want the third highest earner at the club sitting on the bench, or not even selected for the bench, or at home with a cup of hot lemon and honey? He's not better than third choice for his best position and I would actually play Maxi ahead of him there too. Great piece of business to get him off the wage bill so that we can hopefully bring someone else in without selling Mascherano. Who knows, we might even get some money back at the end of the season for the soft arse.

To be fair Zig I've only seen one report stating he's the third highest earner.

I've seen another saying he's on £70k a week. Gerrard, Carra, Torres and Pepe are all on easily more than that.

To be fair Zig I've only seen one report stating he's the third highest earner.

I've seen another saying he's on £70k a week. Gerrard, Carra, Torres and Pepe are all on easily more than that.

Even if he's ONLY on over £3.5M a year as you claim, it would be a scandalous waste of money when he's not going to get many games.

Like Essien he'd be perfect in front of a holding midfielder and behind an attacking one.

ThInk

Poulsen

Defour

Gerrard

Take the money offered for Aquilani (whatever it may be) and Mascherano (in the future) and also Kuyt (if the offer comes at the end of the season) and we'd be in a much much better position if we were replacing Lucas with Defour, Kuyt with a more creative and technically gifted footballer and Mascherano with a true holding midfielder, having Poulson as a back up.

Get rid of Poulsen and I completely agree.

Even if he's ONLY on over £3.5M a year as you claim, it would be a scandalous waste of money when he's not going to get many games.

Players wages are scandalous. What happens when Cole breaks down on £90k a week?

I never claimed he was on anything, I merely pointed out two different articles claimed completely different salaries, I have no idea which, if either are anywhere remotely near accurate.

It just seems the '3rd highest earner' has a ring to it and it's been taken as gospel by some.

If Roy is 'allowed' to get a replacement in then I actually agree with the decision.

Good riddance to the lily livered shithouse.

I wonder why Rafa didn`t come in for him? after all he could of got a player worth £30m (stop sniggering at the back) for nothing. Or maybe even Rafa cottoned on to the fact that he is a fucking gutless waste of space and he fucked up big time by buying him.

When you think about it after the Torres and Yossi signings any major transfer we made hasn't been worth the money paid, skertel maybe but when it came to £8m+ signings none were worth the money we paid

I'd agree with that, Mascherano was our last succesful money transfer, and he was on loan before that.

I wonder why that is? Is it because the Yanks won't give the cash upfront? Or is it because Rafa/Scouting department were making all the wrong decisions?