You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

I love it,

England fans: why does he keep playing 4-4-2, it leaves us outnumbered in midfield in the modern game

Liverpool fans: I think 4-4-2 is definitely the way forward, especially considering the small number of strikers in our squad and lack of out-and-out wingers.

Good plan boys.

Edit: and I still can't see what has convinced people that Babel would make a good striker. His power? His ability to hold the ball up? His consistent finishing? His talent in imposing himself in the air? He'd be like Djibril Cisse mach II.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love it,

England fans: why does he keep playing 4-4-2, it leaves us outnumbered in midfield in the modern game

Liverpool fans: I think 4-4-2 is definitely the way forward, especially considering the small number of strikers in our squad and lack of out-and-out wingers.

Good plan boys.

Edit: and I still can't see what has convinced people that Babel would make a good striker. His power? His ability to hold the ball up? His consistent finishing? His talent in imposing himself in the air? He'd be like Djibril Cisse mach II.

Well I'm no England fan, but there are many reasons why they went out of the World Cup. The formation was down the end of the list.

4-4-2 is the team formation. 2 full backs, centre backs, midfielders, wingers, and forwards. Everyone working for each other in unison. 4-5-1 or variations of it, suit individuals not the team. And as seen last year, don't suit us anymore.

Babel offers a lot more upfront than Ngog. He has pace and power. It's been negated for the past two years, but when he's let off the leash, he can produce the goods for us. Kuyt offers a lot upfront too, when played upfront. Out on the wing, he is out of position, and offers little. So play him upfront, where he can do some damage.

Why, is van Persie out?

No he is available, but will start on the bench. Cesc, Diaby and Arshavin are all fit and will start. I honestly have no clue what to expect, we could easily rape you and as easily could get raped. there's alot of unclear things about Arsenal at the moment.

No he is available, but will start on the bench. Cesc, Diaby and Arshavin are all fit and will start. I honestly have no clue what to expect, we could easily rape you and as easily could get raped. there's alot of unclear things about Arsenal at the moment.

If we can keep possession I can't see your central defence being able to hold out. Gerrard and cole are the 2 best players to exploit the weaknesses you've shown in pre-season.

Whats the story with Song?

Well I'm no England fan, but there are many reasons why they went out of the World Cup. The formation was down the end of the list.

4-4-2 is the team formation. 2 full backs, centre backs, midfielders, wingers, and forwards. Everyone working for each other in unison. 4-5-1 or variations of it, suit individuals not the team. And as seen last year, don't suit us anymore.

Babel offers a lot more upfront than Ngog. He has pace and power. It's been negated for the past two years, but when he's let off the leash, he can produce the goods for us. Kuyt offers a lot upfront too, when played upfront. Out on the wing, he is out of position, and offers little. So play him upfront, where he can do some damage.

This post is basically 100% bullshit

If we can keep possession I can't see your central defence being able to hold out. Gerrard and cole are the 2 best players to exploit the weaknesses you've shown in pre-season.

Whats the story with Song?

Song looks like to miss this game, major blow for us. It will be Diaby and Cesc in midfield, third player will be either Wilshere or Nasri.....hope its Nasri

It wouldn't be as satisfying without the rape though.

It is. More in fact.

Looking forward to the game. I haven't enjoyed them for a long time, fed up with all the politics, arguing about money, and the spinning of the minutiae of miniscule insignificant things. The boss has a clean slate today, we're all behind him and the team together, not looking to stick the knife in every 5 minutes.

That is probably the biggest change in the last 3 months. Enjoy the game.

Edited by mypost

Pepe

Johnson

Carra

Skrtel

Agger

Kuyt

Mascherano

Gerrard

Jovanovic

Cole

Ngog

That is the team for tommorow :yes:

I like Ngog but I would have Kuyt up front with Maxi on the right. It's a game that will need all of our experience & know-how to win.

Have only won 3 of the last 16 league meetings with Arsenal and have not excelled in pre-season , so not really getting where the confidence is coming from. As for their 'injury woes', we were originally hearing Frimpong , Wilshere etc. were starting but now it seems their mids will be Cesc ,Diaby & Nasri. Sounds like a terrible midfield 3 doesn't it ?

My main worry is that we finished last season with 2 main 'on the field' problems namely left back & Torres' back up and unless I've missed something, neither has been addressed.

now it seems their mids will be Cesc ,Diaby & Nasri. Sounds like a terrible midfield 3 doesn't it ?

They aren't bad players but it's like if we put Aquilani, Gerrard & Cole in the same midfield, it's just not very balanced and none of them are really defensive.

I think there's definitely a chance Joe Cole will have a lot of space infront of the back 4 (if that is their midfield).

Also you've got to look at their new centre back, he's been awful in pre-season and looks out of his depth.

They aren't bad players but it's like if we put Aquilani, Gerrard & Cole in the same midfield, it's just not very balanced and none of them are really defensive.

I think there's definitely a chance Joe Cole will have a lot of space infront of the back 4 (if that is their midfield).

Also you've got to look at their new centre back, he's been awful in pre-season and looks out of his depth.

You are wrong on both. Diaby can be more defensive than both gerrard and Aquilani, he has played several gams as the main Defensive midfielder for us and is best in that position after Song for us, he's not ideal. I would say he's more Lucas than Gerrard who doesnt really have much of positional sense.

Koscielny has had better pre season than Vermaleen last year and has looked really good except the last game, where the whole team looked like they couldnt care less and conceded 5. i think you guys will be suprised by his pace and calmnes today