You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Interesting lineup from Arsenal. Surely it won't look like that though.

...............Almunia

Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Clichy

....Nasri Diaby Wilshere Eboue

..........Chamakh Arshavin

That would be more likely.

That's more likely, Arshavin will definitely play off Chamakh though, in the channel between Carragher and Johnson. Why change a good thing?

Really looking forward to this now, strong side and I have to say even our bench fills me with encouragement, to say we have left out Aquilani, Pacheco, Poulsen and Soto and still have players that could do something from the bench and make an impact it good.

Spot on team, just hope Mascherano doesnt get booed but his head is also fully focused on playing this game.

So much wrong in so few words.

Of course you are right Captain, the team will rigidly lineup in formation and have no instructions to deviate from their assigned places or play in a certain way whatsoever. Doesn't matter where the ball is, where the space is, or what the other team is doing. 4-4-2 is 4-4-2, no matter who is selected or what their job is. How could I have been so blind?

Think I'm fucking off to the MF as well.

So much wrong in so few words.

The pitch looks absolutely perfect.

He's right though in a sense. People go on and on about formations, "442 is dead", "you have to play 4231". Utter rubbish. People will say we played 4231 under Rafa, when really it was more of a 442, as the wingers were never as far advanced as Gerrard or Torres, and Gerrard was more of a striker than an advanced midfielder.

Of course you are right Captain, the team will rigidly lineup in formation and have no instructions to deviate from their assigned places or play in a certain way whatsoever.

Doesn't matter where the ball is, where the space is, or what the other team is doing. 4-4-2 is 4-4-2, no matter who is selected or what their job is. How could I have been so blind?

I have no idea how you got that from my post.

Their team doesnt look that strong, the only worry is Arshavin and he can´t have luck always against us. We should smash them.

Is Soto on his way out or Roy rates kelly higher than him? And what about Aqua fella? No world cup, full preseason, new haircut and didn´t make even the bench.