You are viewing this page as a guest. That means you are either a member who has not logged in, or you have not yet registered with us. Signing up for an account only takes a minute and it means you will no longer see this annoying box! It will also allow you to get involved with our friendly(ish!) community and take part in the discussions on our forums. And because we're feeling generous, if you sign up for a free account we will give you a month's free trial access to our subscriber only content with no obligation to commit. Register an account and then send a private message to @dave u and he'll hook you up with a subscription.

John Terry News Conference

Madness

Forgot about JC.

Glad he's out the firing line anyway.

Yep. I can only imagine his thoughts at the moment.

He basically said that he couldn't pass up the chance to work with Capello, one of the world's most successful managers, so what will he think of the ego Terry essentially downgrading him to the world's press?

It marks out the difference between Carragher and Terry for me. Carragher is always looking for ways to improve as a player, even though he's in his thirties. He's looking for chances to work with the very best, so when he's done, he can look back and say "I'm glad I did that, it really helped me in my footballing education". And when Carragher returns to the game as a manager (absolutely no doubt he'll do that in my eyes), he'll be a better manager for it.

Terry on the other hand is so self involved he thinks of the here and now, and how he can remain top dog. He's arrogant and cocksure and believes his own hype, and has never had any manager, coach, agent, relative, best friend's wife tell him he's out of order. He's never been told 'no', or, 'you're not as good as you think you are' despite clocking up a substantial offences record including knocking the shite out of some poor bastard in a nightclub. Nobody has ever stood up to this cretin and shone the light in his eyes.

He'd probably ignore it anyway. He's one of the most despicable players in football, end of story.

Not a popular view but I thought Terry handled it very well.

I'd rather the players answered questions honestly like that rather than come over all Alan Shearer.

It's clearly not working and something needs to change the players know it as do the fans and the press. Lets see how Fabio responds. This could be exactly what the team needs.

One good win and it all changes.

Guest PurpleNose

What is the fucking point in employing a world class manager and then allowing him to be undermined?

Love to see Capello resign before Wednesday.

Let Terry manage the team.

Not a popular view but I thought Terry handled it very well.

I'd rather the players answered questions honestly like that rather than come over all Alan Shearer.

It's clearly not working and something needs to change the players know it as do the fans and the press. Lets see how Fabio responds. This could be exactly what the team needs.

One good win and it all changes.

Is the underlying motive that's the issue though. That has nothing to do with the football.

Talking about this last night with a mate - seems to me to be a current trend of falling out with trainer/ revolution by players (see France, England..maybe Italy). Could it be that these millionaires are not currently enjoying their "forced" exile in South Africa? It is cold, remote (English hotel is anyway), possibly uncomfortable viewing around them (a dose of harsh reality compared to leafy suburbs of home) and they are thinking that they could be on a beach with their WAGS rather than this.

Probably also think it is only a couple of weeks after the end of this they are back in pre-season - all in all I think they cant be hacked with it...World Cup is no longer a pinnacle of their career, but more of an unnecessary obligation...

Certainly reading between the lines in some of the press articles, they are not enjoying the strict regime imposed by Cappello (which is about 5 weeks now), and are probably not used to having to endure this - hence the throwing toys out of pram. I bet if they lose Wednesday they will all have their private jets fuelled and ready by 10.30.

Just my thoughts..

Guest PurpleNose
Even Fwank is distancing himself from Terry.

Almost feel a bit sorry for him having to defend all the utter shite spoken by Mongo.

Almost.

Guest ian garro
So Terry has just undermined Gerrard (his captain) and Capello (his manager) publicly to the press?

Good grief. He should be dropped or sent home for that

Instead, he'll just get his mate, the utter twat that is Rob Beasley to write a big piece on how he's right and every other fucker in the World is wrong. Sort of "Who is Capello anyway, what's he ever done ?" and "It's JT for Heavens sake"...

You know the drill.

Instead, he'll just get his mate, the utter twat that is Rob Beasley to write a big piece on how he's right and every other fucker in the World is wrong. Sort of "Who is Capello anyway, what's he ever done ?" and "It's JT for Heavens sake"...

You know the drill.

Yes, Beasley, the Brummie Cockney. Odious little creep.

Terry is vermin that the media and Chelsea have pandered to him for so long and led him to believe his own hype is a contributing factor in his barmy behaviour.

I hope Capello treats him with the contempt he deserves, as Redbrian84 says some players are a tad smarter and want to see what they can learn from working with such a decorated manager like Capello.

Oh I might put a couple of quid on a Terry red card as I'm sure he will want to lash out and do something cuntish on the pitch against Slovenia.

Oh if things don't go well for the Portuguese expect to see shit kicking off there too they even have a few Chelsea players to light things up and a few more self obsessed players Ronaldo.

Winter's already mounted the defence.

And wouldn't you just know it. Good ol' Winter defending the pure-blood English hero, the eponymous "JT" with the heart of all Three Lions rises up in rebellion against the mean foreign dictator who holds them all under his facist jackboot. Or something like that.

Guest davelfc

Surely it's in the interest of all players to ensure England stay in the competition, if only so the other players know their wives/girlfriends are safe.

Guest davelfc
And wouldn't you just know it. Good ol' Winter defending the pure-blood English hero, the eponymous "JT" with the heart of all Three Lions rises up in rebellion against the mean foreign dictator who holds them all under his facist jackboot. Or something like that.

I expect a 'Capello causes cancer' headline on Thursday.

So Terry has just undermined Gerrard (his captain) and Capello (his manager) publicly to the press?

Good grief. He should be dropped or sent home for that

I don't think he is clever enough to have an agenda He is just an egocentric dick.

You know that anyway so why send him out in front of the cameras. Get boring Gerrard out there if you want meaningless platitudes.

I don't think he is clever enough to have an agenda He is just an egocentric dick.

You know that anyway so why send him out in front of the cameras. Get boring Gerrard out there if you want meaningless platitudes.

If he is egocentric, doesn't that mean he has an agenda to selfishly pursue his own interests?

Players with a degree of professionality like Gerrard will always come out with meaningless platitudes because that's what they're instructed to do. Keep conflicts within the group, don't give yourself the extra, needless pressure of leaking unrest to the press.

I agree on questioning why they sent that prick out to answer questions in the first place. Proably because he had successfully managed to keep his intentions hidden, something which basically disproves your first point anyway.